Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Video Games - do you play them? (Read 1364 times)
Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Video Games - do you play them?
Mar 13th, 2006 at 1:35pm

Just curious if anyone plays video games, especially live.  I myself play the xbox and xbox 360 (primarily the 360 now) live online.  Anyone else play xbox live or anything else?  Cool

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Video Games - do you play them?
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2006 at 9:37pm

I am addicted to a Lord of the Rings pinball machine in Las Vegas!  I like pinball myself.  Other than that I play backgammon on my phone while traveling or waiting for something!  Board games are my thing! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2006 at 10:38pm

Oohhh Solodka, we need to do a backgammon challenge!!! I LOVE backgammon! used to play it daily when in high school... Smiley

I like board and card games myself--especially ones that require logic and skill... Smiley
I'm horrible with trivia games (except the Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit-- My hubby & I have watched the movies so many times that it is the 1 board game where I actually KNOW the answers!)

I do not have a video game set-up (nintendo, Xbox) or anything like that-- or I'd NEVER get anything done....the last home-video game I played was MArio Brothers on my little brother's nintendo (many eons ago).

My hubby & I used to like to play a pinball game that had  a circus theme (can't remember the name of it-- it's been about 10 years since we last played it).   All I remember is that it would say "We Have a Winner!" every time you hit a certain target-- and it had all sorts of cool ramps and bells and whistles.  I wasn't very good, but it's fun to play!

As for Arcade games, I like Tetris, and we often play Galaga (my hubby's really good at that one), We used to play Gauntlet and Pac-Man as well. 

More recently, when we go to Dave & Buster's (kind of like the adult equivalent of Chuck E Cheese), I love playing Chip-Away, and there is a Police Trainer video game that's cool too.  Plus the Dance Dance Revolution (or whatever it's called) is a blast, but really difficult (great work-out if you need some aerobic exercise.) There's also a paddling game that's hysterical... Smiley

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 12:04am

We have every Nintendo unit made as well as an Xbox and a Playstation2. We have enough games to open a small store. To this day I still like to mess around with the original 8 bit Nintendo unit. I love the "Blades Of Steel" hockey games as well as war games like "Super Contra". I also love the Castlevania games (that's where my son got the name of his band "Alucard"), but on a couple of them I have to use the "game genie" to get past a couple of boards.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 12:05am

pinkbubelz wrote on Mar 13th, 2006 at 10:38pm:
Oohhh Solodka, we need to do a backgammon challenge!!! I LOVE backgammon! used to play it daily when in high school... Smiley

I like board and card games myself--especially ones that require logic and skill... Smiley
There's also a paddling game that's hysterical... Smiley

There is a scrabble game that you can play on the internet that is so much fun!  We should do that if anyone is interested!  I will get the link when I go home!

Hmm... paddling game?  Sounds intriguing!  Does it hurt?!!!  Or feel good??!!!!! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 12:23am

LOL-- it's paddling -like on a kayak.. I think it's called the Rapids or something like that. LOL Smiley

I LOVE scrabble! Smiley even bought the book that teaches tips for winning. Smiley (the secret is in the 2 & 3-letter words and in knowing the obscure words that have q, j and z in them. Smiley

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 12:24am

Oh and I used to play scrabble on a site called playsite.com, until they took it away. Sad

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 1:41pm

They took a few scrabble sites away!  This is the best one that I have found that has been around for years!  If anyone wants to play, you can have up to 4 players!  http://thepixiepit.co.uk/scrabble/

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 8:41pm

solodka wrote on Mar 14th, 2006 at 1:41pm:
They took a few scrabble sites away!  This is the best one that I have found that has been around for years!  If anyone wants to play, you can have up to 4 players!  http://thepixiepit.co.uk/scrabble/

I see that this site is via email? That would probably take forever to play!!

Yes, Playsite.com used to have an awesome Scrabble game, but I guess Scrabble must have gotten down on them and they deleted it. Sad (probably because they weren't making any money--and copyright issues)

I used to have a software, It's supposed to be one that you can play online, but It's so old that i'm not sure it even works...

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2006 at 12:26pm

One cool thing about older video games is if you don't have or can't find an older system or game there are emulators available for the PC.  You just have to know how/where to get the ROMs (game image) so you can play the game.  I myself have an original Atari 2600 before it was called that, a Sears Tele-Games (same thing) plus 200+ games for it and many other system up to the current ones.  I just love the video games as I grew up on them.  The only PC online game I play is World of Warcraft.  As for pinball I enjoy a good pinball game.  In college I was addicted to The Addams Family pinball game.  I loved that game so much that if I ran across one now and could afford it I would probably have to buy it.  I enjoy a good board game now and then as well, especially Monopoly.   Cool

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #10 - Mar 15th, 2006 at 7:35pm

I loved the Addams Family pinball game!  There is also a Monopoly pinball game!  I had the all time high score on the pinball machine in Universal Studios Orlando arcade~  I was an pinball addict!  I don't know if it is still there, but if it is, everyone will know where I will be! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 3:44am

solodka wrote on Mar 15th, 2006 at 7:35pm:
I loved the Addams Family pinball game!  There is also a Monopoly pinball game!  I had the all time high score on the pinball machine in Universal Studios Orlando arcade~  I was an pinball addict!  I don't know if it is still there, but if it is, everyone will know where I will be! Wink

I just remembered the name of the Circus Pinball game I think it was called "The Comet" or something like that.  Really thought it was fun. Smiley  (Although I was not a good pinball player--I never played until college and then only infrequently--my hubby (RicBassGuy) was the one who had played more as a kid. Smiley )

Pac-Man - I have a Mac at home, and don't have the Virtual PC software, so for the time being, I can't play any of those older games...

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #12 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 4:05am

pinkbubelz wrote on Mar 14th, 2006 at 8:41pm:
solodka wrote on Mar 14th, 2006 at 1:41pm:
They took a few scrabble sites away!  This is the best one that I have found that has been around for years!  If anyone wants to play, you can have up to 4 players!  http://thepixiepit.co.uk/scrabble/

I see that this site is via email? That would probably take forever to play!!

Not at all!  It just sends you the plays by email.  That way you know when someone has made a move!  You don't have to all be there at the same time, but you can be!  It is wonderfull!  What's the matter?  You sound afraid to play me again!  Just because The Red Team holds the feather bowling championship ring, you shouldn't be afraid! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #13 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 8:27pm

Nope, not afraid, but do they email you a picture of the board? sounds like it would be a bit complicated to play that way...

Hey, How about a game or 2 of Backgammon..? I LOVE Backgammon.

Next time you're in town, we will have to have an evening of dinner and board/card games!  How about some Euchre? Cheesy

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 9:29pm

I love euchre. I just hate it when I have a partner who is holding a 9 and a queen and tells me to pick up the 10. You have to have a couple of sure ones before you call trump.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 10:04pm

LOL @ oldfriend.
Not a problem with me. Smiley
But how about if they have a 9-Q and a handfull of off-suit aces?

Sounds like we need a Euchre Night when Solodka comes back into town!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 3:25am

Never played Euchra!  Sounds like fun!   Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #17 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 3:53am

Great! Smiley ready to teach you a new game! Wink

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 4:00am

As you can see with Feather Bowling, I am a quick study!  Look out! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #19 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 4:41am

hey are you online right now?
How about a quick game of backgammon? I'm off of work and waiting for my hip hop dance class to start at 6:30

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #20 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 5:05am

I'm ready!  Direct me to the link if you are around!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #21 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 5:24am

oh no... Sad I'm out of time.
My class starts in 7 minutes. Sad

Will you be online later tonight? I usually go to the Yahoo Games section to play! Wink

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #22 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 10:36pm

pacman....i wrestle with play station 2.....madden 2005 and 2006
as everyone else. i have the old play station, nietendio, sega, with some of the games packed away.

madden 2005 i have shattered all nfl passing records but i dont get reconized Undecided

someday i want to get online and dual madden across the states but i havent yet

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #23 - May 14th, 2006 at 10:29am

OK, Pinkbubelz!  You have totally created a monster!  I have played backgammom for 3 hours at least today!  I have really upped my score, you will be impressed!  It was weird playing with strangers, but I kicked butt! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.