Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coz interview on chilean newspaper (Read 910 times)
Esteban
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Santiago, Chile
Coz interview on chilean newspaper
Mar 11th, 2006 at 11:04pm

Dear guys:

Please check this link :
Las Ultimas Noticias newspaper features today, an exclusive interview with Coz.

Some of the quotes : "We are not just an old hits band". Coz also talks about the last year`s visit to Chile and their gig, the day before National Day in Chile..."Someone did a big mistake....we didn`t know the show was the day before chilean national day.It wasn`t our intention to do that. We respect Chile"
This thime will be a revenge...look forward do a great show.We have a couple of new songs from our last record 61/49 but will also play all of our hits".

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Coz interview on chilean newspaper
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2006 at 11:14pm

Ah, aren't interpretations great!  Thanks for that!  Since most of us don't speak Spanish that helped a lot!  Let's hope the "revenge of The Romantics" isn't that damaging! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 4:24am

The article reads:

Underneath the photo:
The Romantics Continue Caring About Their Hair

They are  playing next Thursday in El Galpon 6.  THE ROMANTICS: WE DON'T MAKE A LIVING ONLY OFF OF OUR OLD HITS!

Not many were aware of the visit to Chile from the 80'Ss group The Romantics.  It was the night of September 17, 2004 during the patriotic holidays and the ticket price was 19,000 pesos in Espacio Riesco.  "It was obvious the people prefer hot dogs and empanadas and the place was half empty.
Somebody has made a mistake, it's shocking.  How can we go and play on a national holiday!  We didn't know and it wasn't our intention to be disrespectful.  We respect Chile and their national day" says, Coz Canler, guitarist from The Romantics.
That's why the group of powerpop that hit the charts between the 70's and the beginning of the 80's hit the top popularity charts worldwide with songs such as What I Like About You, When I Look In Your Eyes and Talking in Your Sleep.  They are scheduled to return for a 2nd concert in our country next Thursday March 16, El Galpon 6.  De Chucre Manzur
"It will be some kind of a second chance.  We are going to go over there to perform a big show and we hope everything turns out all right this time.  We have a couple of songs from our new album 61/49.  But we are also going to play our hits."
What difference do you have from other 80's bands?  'That we never stopped playing.  We did it through the 80's, 90's and now.  Maybe we were not played on the radio, but it's not our fault.  We even recorded independently.  Now we are going to record a new album.  We don't only live off of our old hits.  We appreciate our old hits, but to survive we need to come up with new material and that's what we want to show."

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2006 at 11:02pm

The Romantics continue caring about their hair.  I'm glad we can all agree what's important.   Wink Grin

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2006 at 11:22pm

Is it my monitor, or does Coz's hair look a little day-glow yellow?! LOL

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 1:50pm

Must be an 80's thing!  No, really there is some weird color thing going on!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.