Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bellyup show (Read 1427 times)
Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Bellyup show
Feb 26th, 2006 at 3:27pm

The Bellyup show was one of the best Ive seen out of 20 plus Romantics shows over 23 years.. It included a surprise appearance by Clem Burke on drums during the encore!!  Ill post full review in the morning!

IP Logged

Steve Lundqvist(Guest)

Re: Bellyup show
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 4:00pm

Smiley I want to add another KUDO to that show! Last time I saw them was in the "In Heat" Tour, opening for Billy Idol at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, in 84 or 85. Last night's was a very entertaining show. I think Brad Elvis on drums did a great job. Taking ABSOLUTELY NOTHING away from his drumming, it still would have been AWESOME to see Jimmy M. on the skins. After the show I got to talk with Wally, Coz, and said a brief hello to Mike. Let me just say it was a pleasure to meet you guys, and I sure hope we bump into each other again soon!

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 5:21pm

OK, now we are waiting for photos from the Belly Up!  Anyone? Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 5:42pm

Rob wrote on Feb 26th, 2006 at 3:27pm:
The Bellyup show was one of the best Ive seen out of 20 plus Romantics shows over 23 years.. It included a surprise appearance by Clem Burke on drums during the encore!!  Ill post full review in the morning!

I guess that's why we had the "NewsFlash".  It was leading up to the Clem Burke appearance!  I see it all clearly now! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Rob

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 9:28pm

I've seen a lot of Romantics shows over the years and I have to say the band was as tight as they have ever been, and the set list was one of the best they have put together yet.  Brad Elvis on drums is pure entertainment!

They opened up with 6149/Midnight to 6/Devil in Me/When I look.  The rest of the set list included One in a Million, Rock You Up,Come See Me, Angels, Tomboy, New Kinda Pain (with Mike on lead), Outta My Mind, Talkin, What I Like, Shes Got Everything, A Night Like This.  Ive left some out but ill add to it as I remember them.

They played two classics from the first album I Have never seen them play live, Little White Lies, and   #$%$$ I cant remember now if it was First In Line or Hung on You? anyone?

The encore included a surprise appearance by Clem Burke on drums for a rockin version of Tonight. They closed it out with I need you.

Lots of switching around between bass and guitar, and Coz Canler even played bass on What i like which I have never seen them do. All in all  a great time was had by all, and the large crowd was way into it.  

I didnt get a chance to stick around to meet the guys Sad...it was getting to be close to 1 AM and our group needed to get going (we are all getting old! Smiley, and one of the moms is pregnant) but thanks to Solodka and Bookies who had it arranged for me to meet the band afterwards! sorry I couldn't stick around...  

The only pixs I have are of our group acting stupid before the show!! Once they started playing I was two busy jumping around to go back to the table for the camera!
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2006 at 1:14am by Rob »  

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2006 at 12:49am

Mike finally got up front on vocals and did New Kinda Pain? Hopefully they will keep that in the set when they come back to Detroit some time. Now if we could just get them to do "No Responsibilities" and "Stick Around".

IP Logged

Jeanine

I Love YaBB 2!

Jersey Shore
Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2006 at 2:34am

Thanks to Rob and Steve for their reviews!  The setlist is outstanding!!!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2006 at 3:03am

so glad to hear new kinda pain was added to the set!
can't wait to see them in manitowac!
thanks rob and steve!
take good care of the pregnant one!
congratulations on the baby news! Grin

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2006 at 3:23am

Rob wrote on Feb 26th, 2006 at 9:28pm:
They played two classics from the first album I Have never seen them play live, Little White Lies, and   #$%$$ I cant remember now if it was First In Line or Hung on You? anyone?

It was First In Line.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Rob

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2006 at 10:41pm

The more I reflect on the show I have to say how impressed I was this time around.  I have seen 25 Romantics shows over the years, and over the last 10 years they were not always as tight as im sure they would want to be.  This time around they seemed to have a renewed energy and their playing was as tight as it was on the In Heat tour.  The set list was one of the best ever, they looked great, and the guys seemed to be truely into it and having a great time. They seemed to just feed off the energy of a great saturday night crowd that really seemed to be into it.

bookies or Solodka..tell Wally I was the guy right in front of him with the Romantics shirt on. He asked me how much I paid for the 61/49 album, and told me I got a "great deal" Smiley

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #10 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 10:47am

rob.....i think we both witness great show. they came to calif to rock.
i enjoyed this one more then the last two times.  the in heat tour i think will always be my favorite....but this weekend they did rock and as i was saying on my review....brad really stood out...kicked butt......loved the show.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.