Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Superbowl - reflections and a question (Read 763 times)
Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

The Superbowl - reflections and a question
Feb 6th, 2006 at 11:24am

Any thoughts on the game today?  We watched it although our team didn't make it to the big game (Denver).  It was very apparant that the refs were very hard on Seattle and allowing Pittsburg to get away with a lot.  I really hate seeing refs that are one sided in a game, especially the Superbowl.  The Seahawks outplayed the Steelers overall but folks wanted to make sure Bettis got his ring before he retired.  Don't get me wrong Pittsburg had some good plays but didn't deserve the win, just my opinion.

On a related note did someone in the Detroit area record the Detroit Channel 7 'Action News' station when they showed the 'highlights' video clips from the Super Bowl?  If so I would like to get a copy of it as my brother was at the game and made the highlight clip (he called and let me know as he watched it at his hotel).  Or if not if it gets repeated could someone record it for me.  I am not particular on the format, it can be on VHS as I can convert it on my computer or if you have a way to convert it and send it to me I would be very appreciative.  Thanks to anyone that can help with this.   Cool

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: The Superbowl - reflections and a question
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 7:41pm

I doubt if the game was rigged.  The Seahawks made plenty of mistakes, and Holmgren blew their chances to win with horrible clock management and the end of both halves.  I agree that the offensive pass interference call against Seattle in the end zone was pretty picky, but other than that one, I don't think the officiating was slanted.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 5:49am

I'm not so sure that I agree.  I think the game was decided from the coin toss! This is the worst officating that I have ever seen lately.  Even John Madden didn't see a hold were Seattle completed the pass on the one yardline.  Steve Young said at 1/2 time that the TD by Seattle that was called by interference shouldn't have been called offensive pass interference.  Then to top it off the Steelers on offense ran the clock to 0 then called timeout and didn't get a penatly called on them and thats only the obvious ones.  Don't get me wrong, I actually wanted Pittsburgh to win, but I also wanted Seattle to cover!  Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 8:55am

How much did you lose, solodka?

Hypothetically, of course.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 9:09am

Just my pride Brew, just my pride!  I tied for 3rd in the gym football pool!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.