Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
My Space on Dateline Last Night (Read 3517 times)
solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: My Space on Dateline Last Night
Reply #30 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 12:54am

WOW~  She held out for 20 years!  Now that's patience! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #31 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 1:43am

Same guy?

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #32 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 4:24am

At my prom this past year me and my girlfriend came back to my house afterwards and we made a stepping stone to remember the memory and had dessert. Let me tell it was just as special and just as nice as anything else.  I took her home at 1am(in the nice mustang convertible I rented... what a pain trying to find a convertiblein Michigan in April!). No drinks, no nothing and you know what it was an amazing time.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #33 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 4:53am

And you remembered it all and didn't wake up with an extreme hangover! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #34 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 8:15am

i am so glad to hear that andrew!!  i would have been disappointed had you spent it any other way!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #35 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 9:22am

Hey Andrew, can you be my son?  LOL...  Just kidding... Smiley

Brew: No, it's not the same guy.

Solodka: That's something she keeps private and isn't for me to divulge in either case... Wink

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #36 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 11:11am

solodka wrote on Feb 23rd, 2006 at 4:53am:
And you remembered it all and didn't wake up with an extreme hangover! Wink

Exactly! When you pay so much money for Prom and so much goes into planning and such it would be stupid to waste the night away and forget most of it. But I'm not like that anyways... I live on a sub-free floor here at college. Going back to the parental control  over kids and such... so many parents buy their kids beer from what I here and sometimes see(parents carrying in beer). Whether its right or wrong or you think your kid is old enough to is not the question - helping your child by breaking the law isn't a great influence.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #37 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 5:32pm

why is parenting the most important "job" anyone can hold and yet we don't have any prerequisites for the position?
i see so much that i would call abuse/neglect that it makes one wonder how some people are allowed to be parents.
a few that i "love" are when parents let their kids ride in cars without using the appropriate restraints.
or when parents are smoking in the car with windows rolled up forcing the poor kid to ingest second hand smoke!
or what about obviously obese parents sending their child down the same path by buying all of the enemy foods.
gosh, we need a license to drive, a permit to own a gun, but yet no background check or "road test" is required to be a parent.
what's wrong with this picture?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #38 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 8:10pm

Here Here Bookies!  I agree with you!  I have found that unfortunately sometimes, people use children as pawns. For example, more welfare dollars for more children! Sometimes even as a status symbol for more attention! It's very sad!  I think a lot about bringing a child into this world now!  As much as I would like one, it's a hard decision to make!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #39 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 9:25pm

Actually, the problem exists in all stratas of economic wealth or poverty.

It is just as bad for the rich parent who "enables" their kids to break the law by hiring a rich lawyer to fight a Minor in possession (of whatever substance) as it is for the poor parent who may lack the education or financial resources to teach their children appropriate behavior...

Too many parents are letting the outside world raise their kids vs. owning up to the fact that if their kids are unruly, it's their own fault. They are afraid to instill discipline in their kids for fear of getting sued by some outsider...

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #40 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 10:13pm

Well, we set examples of "getting away" with things all the time.  Look at O.J. and Robert Blake and this list goes on!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #41 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 4:12am

By the way, I cannot say i'm not guilty of doing things I shouldn't have done in my youth-- I did got to my share of keg parties as an undergrad in college... I think it's part of the growing up experience... What I am saying, however, is that my parents cared enough about me and my siblings to set boundaries and let us know what they felt was right or wrong...

Many parents in this day and age are far too lenient towards bad behavior!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #42 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 7:53am

OK, not that I am proud of it, but I can honestly say that I NEVER did anything wrong in my youth!  Except for one minor thing!  I covered for one of my friend's mom's of all things!  She had an affair!  We were her cover.  She said that she was going with us to Disney World, but she took a detour and we went alone!  That's not so bad in my book!  But my parent's would have never let me go with just my friend.  I think I was 17 or 18!  Now I need to rebel in my old age!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #43 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 11:22am

solodka wrote on Feb 24th, 2006 at 7:53am:
OK, not that I am proud of it, but I can honestly say that I NEVER did anything wrong in my youth!  Except for one minor thing!  I covered for one of my friend's mom's of all things!  She had an affair!  We were her cover.  She said that she was going with us to Disney World, but she took a detour and we went alone!  That's not so bad in my book!  But my parent's would have never let me go with just my friend.  I think I was 17 or 18!  Now I need to rebel in my old age!

That's probably why you still look good at your age and not a mess like some people in the modeling world... Smiley

NOthing wrong with being a good person! Smiley

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.