Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Romantics to do Yahoo chat January 27! (Read 5046 times)
bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
The Romantics to do Yahoo chat January 27!
Jan 26th, 2006 at 7:02pm

at this posting, the time for the chat will be 9pmest.  if something changes, i will post it as soon as i find out.
so far we have Wally, Mike and Brad agreeing to dial in for it.  
if anyone needs help joining the yahoo group, getting into chat, etc, pm me today so we can have plenty of time to get you set up!
message board fans:  should i post this announcement on the myspace site?
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2006 at 7:15am by bookies_original »  

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Re: The Romantics to do Yahoo chat January 27!
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 7:29pm

My opinion.....yes.  Post it on MySpace.  It could get more fans involved, fresh ideas, fresh questions, etc.  We here on the Message Board have had lots of chances to ask questions of the band.  Who knows, maybe it will lead to more members on this board.  That would be a good thing.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 2:08am

I agree with Brew.  It would be great way to meet some other fans that haven't been to the Message Board.

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 5:38am

I'll have to hurry  home from work tomorrow!  I was able to log into yahoo chat yesterday, so I think I'm good to go.  Looking forward to the chat! 

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 7:07am

Oh no 6pm Eastern, now I won't be able to make it as that is 3pm Pacific for me and I am still at work  Cry  I was looking forward to this all week but now can't make it as I doubt there is anyway I can get out of work early  ???

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 7:15am

sorry pac-man, the correct time is 9pm est!
gosh i hope you log back in here tonight!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 8:00am

Well, there's always hope for the transcription.   Undecided  (I hope)!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 8:37am

volunteers?

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 10:05am

Bookies, now it's 9 p.m. est?  Whew...then I don't have to hurry home from work.   Wink

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 10:09am

Hurray 6pm for me, I can make it!   Cheesy  I was hoping that would be the case.  If you mean transcribe as in copy and paste the chat I just tested that and it won't let you highlight anything so copy and paste is out.  I think there is a way to save a chat session somehow on your computer but I haven't done much with chat so I could be mistaken.  I will look into it to see if I can help.  I suppose you could capture screens one at a time and go back and transcribe them.  It would be a lengthy process but could work.  Hopefully between a few of us we can figure it out.  See everyone tomorrow.   8)

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #10 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 9:30am

We didn't see Pac-man, Pirate, or Iris!  I was there, but only in spirit since my yahoo login was being used!  I see everything went great!  Except for everyone "Getting Das Boot".  Well, at least I was good for something!
Wink

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #11 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 9:35am

Yeah I was there the entire chat and enjoyed it.  Thanks to everyone involved in this.  I have screen captures from about 40min into the chat to the end as yahoo was glitchy and all of us were getting booted at one point or another.  Unfortunately I got booted before I started doing screen captures so the first 40min or less I don't have.  Hopefully someone else has it or will transcribe it.  Whoever is going to head up the transcribing lmk if I can do anything or if you would like the screencaptures I have.   8)

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #12 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 9:38am

I think Bookies transcribed some of it, as I saw her getting "Das Boot" quite a number of times! Smiley

IP Logged

Jeanine
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 10:14am

That was fun!  Thanks to the guys again...all I know is The Romantics are coming to Jersey....in red leather g-strings!  Grin Can't wait for the new releases and tour!!! Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
BTW....my Yahoo moniker waz/is "Liddypoole".....musician/singer/songwriter obscuredinare! 
Peace and Love possums.....
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2006 at 1:01pm by Jeanine »  

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 11:17am

The chat was fun, and all of the guys (especially Brad) were too funny!  I knew Judy, myself, and oldfriend were there.   What were your chat names? 

Oh, and I didn't capture any of the chat; sorry!  I'm sure Judy will do a great job (once again) for us.  Can't believe there weren't a lot more fans chatting for over an hour with the guys.  Thanks again to the Romantics for being so gracious with us fans.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.