Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Living in the Past-Darn Good! (Read 643 times)
rockford_boy
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Living in the Past-Darn Good!
Dec 29th, 2005 at 2:15am

I was bored at work today and put on my Rockford DVD and Darn that was a good show. Hopefully, The Romantics will make it back to the windy city area again, soon.

Also, glad to hear offically that Brad is in for the long haul and new music is on the horizon. Now, back to watching that show. Ta Ta For Now. 8)

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Re: Living in the Past-Darn Good!
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 3:57am

That was a darn good show.

Speaking of that DVD, rockford_boy, weren't you thinking about making some copies of that little gem for some of your pals on the message board?   Roll Eyes   Expenses (+) can be reimbursed, of course.   Wink

IP Logged

rockford_boy
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 5:23pm

I did send some out a LOOOONG Time ago. One person was in lower Michigan, I say that because  my dad is a Up kid, and then a East coast and West coast person. If you requested, I don't recall it.

Also, I send them at my cost, if you want to return to sender a DVD-R that would be nice. They are burned DVD's and those are not perfect. Pressing the disk is the way to go, but that would cost about 2K to press approx  1,500 disks.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 5:28pm

i was one of the lucky recipients of that show on dvd from rockford_boy!

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 8:37pm

Let me ask a question here since it was brought up.  What is the difference between a DVD-R and a DVD+R?

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 12:21am

DVD+R is a recordable DVD format similar to CD-R. A DVD+R can record data only once and then the data becomes permanent on the disc. The disc can not be recorded onto a second time.

DVD-R is a recordable DVD format similar to CD-R and DVD+R. A DVD-R can record data only once and then the data becomes permanent on the disc. The disc cannot be recorded onto a second time.

ok so what is the difference?

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 1:47am

I know that some DVD players will only play one or the other. If you get a new DVD player, make sure that it will play both. That;s what I did when I picked one up by Sony. It will play DVD-r and DVD+r. One of my son's friends works at Best Buy and told me to come see him when I am ready to get a DVD burner and he will hook me up with all the info I need. I don't know that much about burners and don't know if they more commonly burn the + or - DVDr's, but I am looking now for sales because I have a ton of 50',60's and 70's rock video that I want to transfer to DVD. I was doing some consolidating of tapes this week and found my copy of the Romantics live from the In Heat  tour which was shown on MTV at the time. On the same tape I had the MTV interview with the band talking about In Heat and in the middle of the interview segment they showed the videos for Talking In Your Sleep and What I Like About You. As soon as I get a burner, a Romantics compilation will probably be the first thing I put together. It will probably take 2 DVDs I am guessing. Does anyone here know how many minutes of material that you can fit on one DVD? I am going to include the MTV stuff I just mentioned, the Tastefest 04 and new years eve 04 shows, the Rythym Romance tour show with Dave Petratos, the 2 songs live at Bookies club 870 from the late 70s, and all the promo videos that I have as well as their Solid Gold appearance. And of course it will start with the 2 appearances on American Bandstand. If anyone can give me any info on burners as far as price and what the good brands are, I would appreciate it.

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 7:29am

Check overstock.com for Sony or Toshiba brand VHS to DVD burner.  The sell for about $200.  You can also check Costco and Bestbuy.  My DVD's say 120 minutes on them.  They were running a sale at Bestbuy 100 for $19.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 8:28am

I definitely don't want a VHS to DVD burner. I just want a DVD burner that can be patched in through the audio and video-in jacks. 98 percent of my video collection is on BETA format tape. I still use Betamax all the time.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 11:00am

Well, the DVD-Rs are the only ones that work on my Mac....
I'm not sure if the PCs only read DVD+Rs or not.

I've made DVDs in the -R version and they play on a regular DVD player,  but not always on every PC.

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 11:37pm

Those who know know beta is best.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 1:13pm

Quote:
Those who know know beta is best.

Would the original copies then be the Master Betas?

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 11:04pm

boris, nothing beats "the real thing"
you should have actually gone to the rockford show!

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 11:13pm

Quote:
nothing beats "the real thing"

I will refrain from another opportunity for a joke here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.