Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Detroit Pistons (Read 9326 times)
oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Detroit Pistons
Nov 13th, 2005 at 10:22pm

I thought a thread for the Pistons would be appropriate since, as of now, they are the only undefeated team in the NBA, not to mention the only other pro team besides the Red Wings that Detroit has.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Detroit Pistons
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 10:53pm

Are these guys playing great or what! Not many hoops fans here I guess.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2005 at 6:14pm

i am a bandwagon fan when it comes to basketball.
i have followed their incredible start though this season.
Grin

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 9:10am

Does anyone know if the Pistons traded Darko to Orlando?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 9:21pm

That's the word I heard...Kelvin Cato and a 1st round pick to the Pistons for Darko and Carlos Arroyo.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5335384

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 4:39am

Thanks!  I was working all day and didn't get the update!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2006 at 10:13pm

OK, the Pistons are facing my Bucks in the first round.  Around here, the feeling is that the Bucks will be doing well if they can take 2 games in the series.  Most people think one Bucks win is more likely.
Undecided

But, you just never know until you play the games.  Anyone have any predictions?  I'll say Detroit in 7 games (just to be on the optimistic side).

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2006 at 10:24pm

Sorry Brew, but get the broom ready for this series.

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2006 at 4:43am

So predictions? Think Detroit can get to the Finals for the 3rd straight year?

I'm a huge fan but around mid-season I started to worry we were getting tired and may not be able to make as strong of a push. In the last month after having some huge wins, amazing comebacks, and great play from the bench I really think the Pistons can get through the playoffs someone easily(knock-on-wood!).

Heres to another championship!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 8:31pm

OK, so if Rip Hamilton misses a few games with his ankle, maybe Michael Redd can get open a few times.  The Bucks can only hope for a couple more injuries and lotsa foul trouble from Detroit. 

What a game plan.   Undecided

Actually, the Bucks need to keep banging the ball inside to Bogut and Magloire, and don't let TJ Ford shoot from more than 15 feet.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #10 - Apr 28th, 2006 at 9:17pm

brew, i think you might be dreaming! Shocked

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #11 - May 1st, 2006 at 7:47am

Did anyone see Game 3?

Dream On, I say!!   Cheesy

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #12 - May 1st, 2006 at 9:27am

"Dream On", now that was one great show for all of you TV buffs!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #13 - May 3rd, 2006 at 6:03pm

what are you saying now brew? Wink

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #14 - May 17th, 2006 at 8:01am

pistons or cavs?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #15 - May 17th, 2006 at 8:50am

Will the Pistons be playing Miami?  HMMMM..........

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #16 - May 17th, 2006 at 7:53pm

Sorry, but I like the Heat.  D-Wade is the man!

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #17 - May 17th, 2006 at 8:03pm

So far I am half right!  I'm live in Miami!  I'm torn!  But first the Pistons have to win, then I'll worry about it!  I would be happy if either team won!  That's a diplomatic answer! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2006 at 10:30pm

The Pistons better take care of business tonight. I thinkl that whoever wins tonight will take the series. If it's the Pistons, they will take care of Miami, but if Cleveland wins, the Heat will win in 5.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - May 18th, 2006 at 9:27am

It's over. Have a nice summer with the Red Wings.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #20 - May 18th, 2006 at 11:59am

Not over yet, but The Heat are sure lookin' good right now! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #21 - May 18th, 2006 at 7:26pm

solodka, at least you may not have to choose loyalties!

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #22 - May 18th, 2006 at 8:05pm

Don't count out the P-Stones out yet.  They struggled at the end last night when they lost Rasheed and Billups, but they are still a better team than Cleveland.  Watch them come back now that their backs are to the wall.  The playoff inexperience of the Cavs will come through in crunch time, and I still think Detroit should win the series.

Then, after 7 games, they'll be all worn down for the well-rested Heat.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #23 - May 19th, 2006 at 10:53am

i dont know whats in the water in detroit, but detroit is rocking the sports world in different sports. now only if the lions can score some touch downs.

detroit didnt need larry brown...larry brown needed detritot

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #24 - May 19th, 2006 at 8:33pm

I dunno 'bout that Pirate...the Larry Brown Pistons would've eliminated these Cavs by now.  I don't think Flip Saunders is quite the coach that Brown is, especially in the playoffs.  I'm just not seeing that same lockdown defense that I saw from them last year under Brown.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2006 at 5:56am

Is this the last game for the Pistons this season?  Only time will tell!  I do hope they win!  There will be excitement in Miami!  And Detroit too! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #26 - May 20th, 2006 at 8:30pm

i watched the last four minutes of that game!
how exciting!
game 7 tomorrow
any predictions?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #27 - May 20th, 2006 at 8:32pm

The excitement continues:  Pistons deny Cavaliers to set up decisive Game 7

CLEVELAND (AP) -- No NBA team enjoys life on the edge quite like the Detroit Pistons.

Minutes away from witnessing their spectacular season come crashing down Friday night, they stepped up like champions.

They almost always do.

Summoning all their postseason experience and making every big play down the stretch, the Pistons beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 84-82 to even their series and force a decisive Game 7.

"We know what it takes," Detroit's Ben Wallace said. "We've been together a while. We don't panic."

The Pistons' biggest win of 2006 wasn't secure until the final tick of the clock, when a free throw intentionally missed by LeBron James was nearly tipped into the basket by Detroit's Chauncey Billups -- another unlucky bounce for the Cavs.

"I got my hand on it, and I almost made the basket for them," Billups said. "When it was in the air, I was like, 'Wow, not like this."

The series finale will take place on Sunday at The Palace in Auburn Hills, Mich., where until Game 5 of this series, the Pistons had looked invincible. Before the closing minutes in Game 6, it appeared Detroit might be headed home for good.

Rasheed Wallace, whose Game 4 prediction of a victory and quick end to the series backfired, scored 24 points, Richard Hamilton had 17 and Billups 15 for the Pistons, who grabbed several key offensive rebounds in the final minutes to deny the Cavaliers a trip to the Eastern Conference finals against Miami.

James finished with 32 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. But Cleveland's superstar had seven turnovers and he and his teammates weren't able to beat the Pistons to loose balls in the final three minutes.

The underdog Cavaliers, who had won three straight in the series, missed a chance to put away the Pistons and now have to come up with another win in the NBA's toughest arena.

"Nobody thought we would be here," James said. "Nobody thought we'd be in a Game 7 against the Pistons. We proved the doubters wrong. We have to prove some more wrong."

Detroit has made a habit of winning Game 6s with its season on the line.

Last year, the Pistons were down 3-2 in the conference finals before rallying to beat Miami in seven games. In 2004, they won Game 6 at New Jersey and then ousted the Nets in Game 7. A year earlier, Detroit won a Game 6 at Orlando and then ended the Magic's season in the next game.

Rasheed Wallace, who has spent the series talking trash, has no regrets about any bold statements or guarantees.

"I can't always be right," he said. "I've got the confidence that we can go out there and whoop up on some people."

Trailing 77-76 after two free throws by James, Wallace flung up a shot off the glass in the lane and was fouled, and his three-point play gave the Pistons a lead they would never let go.

After James was stripped on a spin in the foul lane, Billups hit a jumper from the top of the key as the 24-second shot clock expired, giving Detroit an 81-77 lead with 2:21 remaining.

James, driving to the hoop every chance he could, made four straight free throws to pull the Cavaliers within 83-81 with 1:04 left. Wallace missed a jumper, but Tayshaun Prince tipped the ball to Hamilton, allowing the Pistons to kill more time.

Wallace missed again, but Hamilton ran down the long rebound in the corner before the Cavs fouled Wallace.

Detroit's motor-mouthed forward forward missed both free throws, but Cleveland's Flip Murray couldn't corral the rebound and Billups was put on the line. He split a pair with 10.1 seconds left, giving the Cavaliers a final chance.

With his team needing a 3-pointer to tie, Cleveland coach Mike Brown screamed for his team to call a timeout, but before the Cavs could, James was fouled with 1.4 seconds to play. James, who went 15-of-18 from the line, swished the first.

He pushed the second one left on purpose and Zydrunas Ilgauskas -- with an unlikely assist from Billups -- nearly got a miraculous bounce off the top of the glass.

When it didn't drop, the Pistons charged off the bench and for the first time in days, could crack a few smiles.

"Cleveland did something that no one did all year," Rasheed Wallace said. "They beat us three in a row. We damn sure couldn't make it four straight."

The Cavaliers welcomed back guard Larry Hughes, who had missed three games following the death of his younger brother, Justin.

After talking it over with his mother, Hughes decided late Thursday night to further honor his brother by going to Game 6.

"She wanted me to do what he would have wanted," said Hughes, who in the days following his brother's death had two teardrop tattoos inked under his left eye. "I'm basically here to help. I'm not here to disrupt anything."

Hughes was activated and dressed but didn't play.

He gave James an extra long hug before the opening tip, whispering something into his teammate's ear.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2006 at 5:41am

game 7 blowout!!
pistons finally showed their talent!

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #29 - May 22nd, 2006 at 6:22am

I'm gald we won, we did great. Though I was VERY upset with the calls of the refs. Anyone else see the play by Lebron with about 3 minutes left where he carried the ball a good 5+ feet and the refs didn't call it? I'm gald we won so that we can shut up the NBA with the "we want to see Lebron play Shaq" deal.

They interviewed the head guy of the NBA early on in the game about the game and all he said was Lebron this and Lebron that... he didn't mention the Pistons. The interviwer was like "must be exciting to be here at a building where the team only lost 5 games in the last year" and he went "oh its very exciting to watch Lebron play, he is the best player."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #30 - May 22nd, 2006 at 6:29am

Bring on the Heat!  I'm sure the Pistons will win, but I hope it'a a tough one!  I don't want to give in too easily~ Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #31 - May 22nd, 2006 at 7:55am

OK, after Game 5, you left the Pistons for dead, and I (correctly) picked them to win both Game 6 and 7.   Cool

Now, I'm afraid they will be too worn down to beat Miami.  I like the Heat in 6 games.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #32 - May 22nd, 2006 at 9:29am

They will be tired, but not dead!  They hardly lose at home!  I like the Heat, but I'm going with the Pistons.  That way even if the Heat win, I win! Smiley Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #33 - May 22nd, 2006 at 7:25pm

bookies_original got an honorable mention in a pistons contest.  check it out:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006605210558

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #34 - May 22nd, 2006 at 8:22pm

Those were pretty funny!  Do they do that sort of thing all the time?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2006 at 10:50pm

Wow! that was exciting stuff! I was in Houghton Michigan friday night. My son's band. Alucard" was waiting to play a show that night. Right next to the venue is a place called the Keewenau Brewing Company. It's an awesome pub with great micro brews. The band , my other some (from the Weakend) and myself were watching the game while enjoying one of the best and most original pizzas we have ever had (that's a whole story in itself) and some of these great micro brews (try the pick axe blond). When Rasheed had the chance to ice it but missed both free throws at the end of the game, it was really nerve wracking. After they did eventually win game 6, I knew they had a great chance to wrap it up at home. This was a great series as far as excitement and LeBron is awesome, but the Pistons are going to have to pick it up a notch against Miami. They have to work for better shots and drive the lane more. Not so many outside jump shots, and the defense is going to need to play the way they played in the fourth quarter sunday against cleveland. Pistons in 6.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #36 - May 23rd, 2006 at 7:29pm

anybody hear Glenn Frey's "The Heat Is On" off in the distance?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #37 - May 23rd, 2006 at 7:58pm

American Idol or the basketball game?  I have to see the ending show!  I guess I will see the highlights! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #38 - May 24th, 2006 at 1:29am

Whatever crap you end up watching (I'm sure it will be American Idol),  just make sure you tune in for the 4th quarter of the game.  That's where it all happens.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #39 - May 24th, 2006 at 7:17pm

had to watch the tigers game but know we lost.
what happened?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #40 - May 24th, 2006 at 8:42pm

Well, The Heat won!  And yes, I did watch American Idol.  But let me explain.  It wasn't that I watched it home on the tele.  I went to the Hard Rock and they had a big Club Idol show.  Tommy Davidson, Paulie Shore, Wyclef and a few others, put on a concert.  It was for Wyclef's charity for Haiti.  It was for a good cause!  And Tommy Davidson and myself kept checking on our phones to keep up with the score!  Looked like a very close game that Miami stayed ahead most of and then lost it for just a few and then came back by 5 I believe.  Tune in tomorrow.......

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #41 - May 24th, 2006 at 8:55pm

The Heat looked well rested early on, jumping out to a 12-point lead in the first half, but needed to rally late to overtake the Pistons, 91-86, in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. After cutting down the Nets seven days ago, Miami stormed into Detroit on Tuesday and built the early lead behind Dwyane Wade's perfect 6-for-6 shooting. The third quarter was a different story, however, as Wade -- who hit seven straight shots before missing -- picked up his fourth foul, and Shaquille O'Neal joined him on the bench shortly thereafter. The Pistons pulled ahead on a Chauncey Billups' layup with 6:55 to play in the quarter, but James Posey's 3-pointer with 2:15 left in the third gave the Heat the lead for good. Wade finished with 25 points on 9-of-11 from the floor. Antoine Walker pumped in 17, while O'Neal and Gary Payton each added 14. Rip Hamilton led Detroit with 22, and Billups finished with 19 and seven assists. Game 2 tips Thursday at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #42 - May 26th, 2006 at 5:15am

One of our local news channels was doing something at the pre-game for tonight's Pistons/Heat game.  Well, they were saying that at a nearby farm they are digging for Jimmy Hoffa.  A local bakery is making cupcakes with hands coming out of the top of them and Pistons cookies.  The Jimmy Hoffa cupcakes are outselling the Pistons cookies!  Way to go Detroit fans! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #43 - May 26th, 2006 at 3:32pm

Tied Up!  Saturday will be a big game in Miami!  Should be interesting!  This might tell it all!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #44 - May 28th, 2006 at 12:31pm

Heat take a 2-1 Lead!

Dwyane Wade was on fire from the start of Saturday's Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals and that didn't change at all down the stretch. Wade, who scored 20 of his game-high 35 points in the second half, netted five points and assisted on another bucket in the final 1:53 of Miami's 98-83 victory over the visiting Pistons. Detroit cut a 12-point deficit in the final quarter down to one before Wade helped put the game out of reach. He connected on a pair of free throws for a 10-point lead with 1:53 to go and then converted a three-point play with 46 ticks remaining for a 96-83 edge. Wade put the finishing touches on the game as he fed Udonis Haslem for a basket in the closing seconds as the Heat seized a 2-1 series lead. Wade shot 13-of-17 from the field added 10 Nestlé Crunch Time Points

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #45 - May 30th, 2006 at 6:44pm

burned again! Cool

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #46 - May 30th, 2006 at 8:24pm

You beat me to that one Bookies!

Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal were too much to handle for the second straight game and as a result, the Miami Heat are one win away from the NBA Finals. Wade scored 12 of his 31 points in the fourth quarter and O'Neal added 21 with nine rebounds to lead Miami to an 89-78 Game 4 win over visiting Detroit on Monday. A strong third quarter helped the Pistons erase a 14-point first-half deficit, but the Heat used a 10-2 run in the fourth for a 79-67 lead. Udonis Haslem played a strong game with 16 points for Miami, which shot 55 percent from the field while limiting Detroit to 39 percent. Tayshaun Prince scored 15 and Chauncey Billups added 14 for the Pistons, who will try to stave off elimination at home in Game 5 on Wednesday.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #47 - May 30th, 2006 at 8:37pm

I think that (true to my original prediction--Heat in 6 games) the Pistons still have one win left in them.  Heat in 6.

Miami is starting to peak!  I think they look like a team that will go all the way.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #48 - May 30th, 2006 at 10:37pm

One thing that nobody mentioned. The officiating. It is so obviously one sided it's sickening. It's starting to get with Wade the way it was with Jordan. Get within 2 feet of him and you get a whistle. And they never call Shaq's constant offensive fouls when he just backs his way into Ben and simply pushes defenders out of the way. When the Heat go to the line more than twice as many times as the Pistons, that should tell you that the officials are going to make sure that Wade and Shaq get a championship.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #49 - May 31st, 2006 at 1:09am

Shaq does get away with alot of rough stuff.  But alot of the free throw discrepancy is due to Flip's Hack-a-Shaq strategy.  And, like anyone in the NBA, when you continue to take the ball to the hole, you usually end up on the line alot.  That's what Wade does so well.  And he is so quick and skillful at penetrating, the defenders (Detroit's or anyone else's) often are left behind and commit frustration or desperation fouls to try to stop the dunk.  Detroit is playing pretty rough, too--Wade was hit hard in the face at least once (by Rip) and was undercut and landed flat on his back at least twice while going to the rim.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #50 - May 31st, 2006 at 2:16am

Brew, I couldn't have said that better if I said it myself!  Thanks! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #51 - May 31st, 2006 at 10:34pm

If Wade is going to keep driving the lane every time he gets the ball, then the Pistons should send him a message with a couple of hard fouls. Let him know that if he constantly drives the lane, there will be a physical price to pay. The officials will call a foul if you just get near him, so the Pistons might as well foul him for real.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #52 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 8:26pm

The Pistons overcame what had been a frustrating facet of the game to keep their championship dreams alive with Wednesday's 91-78 Game 5 win over the Heat. Detroit, which had struggled from the free-throw line in road losses in Games 3 and 4, shot 23-of-26 from the stripe while Miami went 6-of-20. Tayshaun Prince paced the Pistons with 29 points and Chauncey Billups added 17 and 10 assists. Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal continued to lead the way for the Heat, scoring 23 and 19 points, respectively. The Eastern Conference Finals return to South Beach for Game 6 on Friday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN).

Will Brew's prediction in Game 6 come true?  Only time will tell now!  Until tomorrow.......

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #53 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 10:01pm

Game 6 decides it. Obviously, if Miami wins, it's over. If the Pistons can pull out game 6 in Miami they way they pulled it out in game 6 in Cleveland, then we come home and take game 7. I think the pressure is on Miami right now to win game 6. There is no way they want to come back to Detroit for game 7.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #54 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 3:03am

Yes, Oldfriend, I have to agree with you on that one~

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #55 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 3:12am

This is the end of the line for the Pistons.  Miami is way more talented than Cleveland was, and is peaking at the right time.  I don't think there is any more pressure on Miami--Detroit is still facing elimination.  And, I think Miami is hungrier than Detroit right now.  Shaq has been coasting a little--all season--and that should stop now that it's getting into crunch time.

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #56 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 11:40pm

Wade became sick today and missed practice they claim he will still play tonight...

Brew while I agree Miami is way tougher then Cleveland and maybe hungrier than Detroit (I mean Pistons knocked Shaq out of the playoffs twice in a row) Pistons are 11-2 in elimination games... which is the best record in elimination games in NBA history.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #57 - Jun 3rd, 2006 at 2:21am

If Wade can drag his sick ass out of bed, he will play.  If not, we will see a Game 7. 

True, Detroit has been legendary in elimination games, but (I'll say it again) Flip Saunders is not the coach Larry Brown was.  And he's certainly no Chuck Daly.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #58 - Jun 4th, 2006 at 12:59am

...and there is only one Shaq.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #59 - Jun 4th, 2006 at 8:07am

You called it in 6 Brew and you were correct all the way.  I would have liked to have seen a game 7, but I always like to drag things out all the way!  Someone has to win and someone has to lose.  

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #60 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 7:49pm

Two words:

Dwyane
Wade
    !

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #61 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 9:32pm

It was a miracle that they pulled that one off!  Shaq needs to step it up a few!  Glad he made his last free throws!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #62 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 1:05am

Now that's what I'm talking about!  I cannot believe that it's a tie ball game!  I don't know if a team that has lost the first 2 have come back and won the next 3!  Let's see what happens Sunday!  The Heat really need this last win at home!  If they can pull it off, we still might have a shot at this! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2006 at 8:37am by solodka »  
solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #63 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 8:25am

I think that the 2004 Pistons are the only team ever to have won games 3-4-and-5 all at home in a series.

So far.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #64 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 8:38am

So, what do you think?  Any predictions?  You were quiet about this one!  What's up with that? Smiley  Didn't want to go out on a limb?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #65 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 9:28pm

Did anyone hear what Avery Johnson had to say about the flagrant foul on Shaq the other night?  He should be fined!  Talking about the refs decision and that some players get special treatment etc...
I'm glad that they threw Stackhouse out!http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060617

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #66 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 7:03am

BrewCity wrote on Jun 17th, 2006 at 8:25am:
I think that the 2004 Pistons are the only team ever to have won games 3-4-and-5 all at home in a series.

So far.

• Since the 2-3-2 format was put in place in 1985, only one team, the 2004 Detroit Pistons, has won all three middle games at home.
• Game 5 winner has won 18 of 24 NBA Finals when the series is tied 2-2.

The 6 teams that lost were:

'94 Knicks
'88 Pistons
'78 Sonics
'69 Lakers
'62 Lakers
'55 Pistons (Fort Wayne)

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #67 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 8:09pm

Dwyane Wade cannot be stopped.  Especially by that little boy Devin Harris.  Dallas may have been crushed by last night's loss.  Miami will prevail in Dallas, and it could very well be in six games.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #68 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 9:05pm

Now the Heat share the same wins for games 3-4-5!  What will happen?  Only time will tell, but I think it will go to game 7!  Controversy after Controversy!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #69 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 8:37pm

Game 6 tonight!  I think I will give this one to Dallas!  They are pissed and they are pumped up about losing the last game because of their "stupidity".

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #70 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 9:44pm

I think Dallas has been smacked down.  They are crushed.  They have lost their confidence.  They cannot stop Wade.  I could see Miami finishing them off tonight. 

However, if I am wrong about tonight's game, and Dallas wins it, they will probably go on to win game 7 also.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #71 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 11:42pm

I'm curious to see how this is going to play out tonight!   Smiley

Beware of an effective 'Toine
By Greg Anthony, ESPN Insider

DALLAS -- The fruitless Miami trip is behind them. And now the Dallas Mavericks, having lost three road games, have the chance to bring home their first NBA title by winning Games 6 and 7.

They have a great chance to do it. I expect the Mavericks to come out in Game 6 at home and play a great game. You're going to see a much quicker Dallas team out there. Jerry Stackhouse is coming back after missing Game 5 with a one-game Sack-A-Shaq suspension. Overall, you're going to see Mavs players who are prepared to take care of business.

Dirk Nowitzki, especially.

You saw him kick the ball in the stands after a tough Game 5 loss, and he was later caught on tape, taking out his postgame frustration on an unsuspecting exercise bicycle.

Take it as a good sign. I applaud his passion, and the will he has to win. Dirk wants to be the best, which frankly not everybody wants to be. I think he was frustrated in his own performance, and how the game went. I think he will feel very comfortable back at home for Game 6.

But what about Miami's chances? Winning in Dallas has proven to be a tall order for them.

Dwyane Wade has yet to play a great game in Dallas. Shaquille O'Neal's foul-shooting troubles have resurfaced. Still, if those two can excel, and the Heat get one other standout performance, I see a window of opportunity for the visitors.

Climbing through the window could be none other than Antoine Walker.

Talking Points
Heard on ESPN Radio's Dan Patrick Show on Monday:

Greg Anthony: Officiating was solid. There was contact on Wade. Insider

Charles Barkley, TNT: Wade has been more of a factor than the officialsInsider

Reggie Miller, TNT: Officials are covering for themselves and Wade is getting 'Jordan-like' callsInsider
It is now just a question of which 'Toine we see. He took seven shots in a Game 5 win and 19 in a Game 1 loss. Ideally for the Heat, he should be taking between 13-14 shots. What happens with those shots could be the difference between winning and losing.

But if things don't go very well for Shaq-Wade-Walker, we'll probably be seeing a Game 7 in Dallas.

After Wade's 43-point heroics Sunday, a team might want somebody else to beat them. But I don't think Dallas will use as much doubling on Wade as some would think. Down the stretch in Game 5, I think a player like Wade can sense when a team is confident in defending him; Dallas was not. That feeds him even more.

However, it's a different game in Dallas. This series may prove definitively why the home court means so much. Miami joins the 2004 Detroit Pistons as the only team to win the middle three home games of a series.

That's why you work so hard to get it -- I think the home-court advantage in basketball means more than in any other major sport. And it's also why Dallas deserves so much credit for taking down the defending champs on the road in Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals.

Dallas has played well for many stretches in Miami, and only really completely unraveled in the Game 4 loss. Miami had a spectacular effort from Wade in Game 5. When LeBron goes for 45 and Nowitzki hits for 50, it's always going to be hard to beat a team like that.

Dallas almost did. Now, Game 6 awaits.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #72 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 7:18am

NBA Fines Mavericks' Cuban $250,000
By JAIME ARON

DALLAS (AP) - Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was fined $250,000 by the NBA on Tuesday for his outbursts following Game 5 of the NBA finals.

Cuban was cited for ``several acts of misconduct'' committed after Dallas lost 101-100 in overtime to the Heat in Miami on Sunday night.

Furious with several calls, Cuban went onto the floor to vent directly to official Joe DeRosa. He then stared down and screamed toward commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials, from the court, then the stands. He later used profanity during a postgame session with the media.

The fine was announced hours before the Mavericks played host to the Heat in Game 6 of the NBA finals. Miami led the series 3-2.

Cuban said Monday he was bracing for the fine, his second this postseason. It showed in his reaction to the penalty: ``I'm fine with it,'' he wrote in an e-mail. ``Get the humor there. Fine with it.''

The NBA said it would have no further comment on the matter.

Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki was so frustrated with the way Dallas lost Game 5 that he kicked the ball into the stands, knocked over a stationary bicycle and kicked at something else on his way to the locker room. On Monday, he was fined $5,000 for booting the ball.

``(Cuban) is a very emotional guy, too,'' Nowitzki said. ``He was upset, as we all were, about the loss, obviously the whole last sequence that went down.''

Cuban has been fined at least $1,455,000 and suspended from three games since buying the team in January 2000. The exact total of his punishment tab isn't known because the league doesn't always publicize action against team owners. Cuban says he matches every dollar with a charitable donation.

This also marks the 10th known time that Cuban has been penalized. The biggest fine was $500,000 - the most ever against one person - in January 2002 for comments that included saying he wouldn't hire the league's head of officiating to manage a Dairy Queen.

Since then, the only other acknowledged fine came last month, when he was assessed $200,000 - $100,000 for going onto the court during a playoff game in San Antonio and another $100,000 for an entry on his blog criticizing the way the league selects officials for the playoffs.

Cuban also has been riled up several times since his last fine.

When Jason Terry was suspended from Game 6 of the Spurs series for punching Michael Finley, Cuban said he ``didn't understand it and not quite so politely, I told the league so.''

In the conference finals, he went into the stands to help the wife of coach Avery Johnson when she was in an argument. Third-string center D.J. Mbenga went, too, and he was suspended for six games. When announcing that, the league said Cuban was off the hook because ``his actions did not violate NBA rules and were not otherwise inappropriate.''

Last Friday, after Jerry Stackhouse was suspended for a hard foul on Shaquille O'Neal in Game 4, Cuban said, ``It makes no sense at all,'' adding that there were several hard hits against Dallas ``all without response from the league.'' He then wore a Stackhouse jersey to Game 5.

Cuban also mocked his persona with a blog entry apparently aimed at drawing more viewers to his appearance on David Letterman's late-night show, writing, ``I already have picked out my next charity to donate to.''

Also Tuesday, Cuban posted a blog entry in response to a column in the Miami Herald that quoted him as saying, ``Your league is rigged'' during his tirade after Game 5.

``That's a complete insult to the players on the court and the incredible amount of effort they put into preparing for and playing the games,'' he wrote. ``The NBA couldn't rig the games if it wanted to. And it doesn't want to. It's that simple.''

He wrote that he hates the idea of any wrongdoing, calling each theory ``a business hole I have to work harder to dig us out of.''

His solution: Better explanations by the league of what happened and why.

``I think it would help the perception of our game,'' he wrote. ``I think it would help fans better understand not only the rules of the NBA, but also the nuances, strategies and challenges of the game.''

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #73 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 7:26pm

Way to go Miami!  It was only done once before where a team came back to win 4 after losing the 1st 2 games!  Sorry, upon further reading, I think they are the first to win the next 4 and the 3rd team to win the series after losing the first 2.  Is that correct?

Wade's World: Finals MVP leads Heat to first title in team history

Miami Heat center Alonzo Mourning celebrates a 95-92 win over the Dallas Mavericks in Game 6 of the NBA basketball finals in Dallas, Tuesday, June 20, 2006.
MIAMI DALLAS
Points 95 92
FG Made-Attempted 35-78 (.449) 34-92 (.370)
3P Made-Attempted 2-18 (.111) 5-22 (.227)
FT Made-Attempted 23-37 (.622) 19-23 (.826)
Rebounds (Offensive-Total) 14-56 16-50
Assists 18 16
Turnovers 19 13
Steals 9 12
Blocks 10 7
Fast Break Points 22 25
Fouls (Tech/Flagrant) 23 (0/0) 28 (0/0)
Largest Lead 9 14
Top Performers
MIAMI DALLAS
D. Wade
Reb: 10
Ast: 5
Stl: 4
Blk: 3
  D. Nowitzki
Reb: 15
Ast: 2
Stl: 0
Blk: 2
Game Leaders
MIAMI                         DALLAS
Points D. Wade 36         D. Nowitzki 29
Rebounds S. O'Neal 12   D. Nowitzki 15
Assists J. Williams 7 J. Terry 5
Steals D. Wade 4 J. Howard 4
Blocks A. Mourning 5     D. Nowitzki 2
Team stats: Miami | Dallas

DALLAS -- For Pat Riley, it's the first time in 18 years he can say it. For Shaquille O'Neal, it's been four years, and for Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton and Dwyane Wade -- especially Wade -- it's the first time they can make the claim.

Champions, all of them. All of the Miami Heat.
Rallies from 2-0 deficits
NBA teams that have won best-of-seven playoff series after being down 2-0:

2006: Miami def. Dallas, 4-2 (NBA Finals)
2005: Washington def. Chicago, 4-2 (conference quarterfinals)
2005: Dallas def. Houston, 4-3 (conference quarterfinals)
2004: L.A. Lakers def. San Antonio, 4-2 (conference semifinals)
1995: Houston def. Phoenix, 4-3 (conference semifinals)
1994: Houston def. Phoenix, 4-3 (conference semifinals)
1993: Chicago def. New York, 4-2 (conference finals)
1977: Portland def. Philadelphia, 4-2 (NBA Finals)
1971: Baltimore def. New York, 4-3 (conference finals)
1969: Boston def. L.A. Lakers, 4-3 (NBA Finals)
1969: L.A. Lakers def. San Francisco, 4-2 (conference semifinals)

In a decisive Game 6 that capped one of the most stunning turnarounds in NBA Finals history, the Heat finished off the Dallas Mavericks and showed themselves to be worthy of being crowned champions by riding their young superstar to the first title in franchise history with a 95-92 victory Tuesday night.

Wade didn't quite score 40 this time, as he had twice before in this series, but he came awful close with 36 points and avoided a nightmare finish after blowing a pair of free throws with 9.1 seconds left to give the Mavericks one final chance.

But that chance ended with Jason Terry's 3-point attempt bouncing high and hard off the rim, Wade getting the rebound with a second left and no Mavericks anywhere near him. He tossed the ball high in the air and the Heat players bounded off the bench in celebration, so many years of waiting for so many of them finally having come to an end.

"I don't want to say I put the team on my back. You know, we did it together. Like Coach said, like we've all been saying, it's been 15 strong," Wade said. "They gave me the opportunity by putting the ball in my hands to prove people wrong. When I came [into] the series, it was, I can't shoot. I don't know where they got that from. So I proved to them I can shoot, and then after that, I proved I can play, and that's all I tried to do: prove people wrong."

Miami became just the third team in NBA Finals history to win a series after dropping the first two games, and the first to do it after losing Games 1 and 2 by double-digit margins. This series actually looked lost for the Heat with 6˝ minutes left in Game 3 when they trailed by 13 on their home court, but the Mavericks relaxed too soon and never got their groove back, earning the dubious distinction of becoming the first team to lose the NBA Finals in the fourth quarter of Game 3.

Dirk Nowitzki scored 29 points for Dallas but was barely a factor in the fourth quarter, scoring two points from the line. With Dallas trailing by three and the clock ticking inside 20 seconds, Nowitzki passed the ball off to Erick Dampier, leading to a turnover. The big German never touched the ball again, a disappointing finish to a disappointing quarter and a disappointing series for Dallas' best player.

"Dirk's a warrior," coach Avery Johnson said. "He tried. No excuses, Miami deserved to win."

Aside from Wade's 36, Miami got 17 points from Udonis Haslem, 14 from Antoine Walker and just nine from O'Neal. Still, he's a four-time champion now, and Wade might just be on his way to chasing Shaq's total. He won the Finals MVP Award and proved himself worthy in this series of carrying the superstar label that's bestowed on him now.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #74 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 7:27pm

Continued.....

"He was very much the heart of an extraordinary team," commissioner David Stern said in awarding Wade the MVP trophy.

"I really believe it was our time," Riley yelled into the microphone in front of the few thousand fans who stuck around for the trophy ceremony.

O'Neal picked up his fifth foul just more than two minutes into the final quarter and went to the bench, but on this night the Most Dominant Ever wasn't even Much Of A Factor, and the Heat kept playing in front for the next few minutes, in large part because of the energy and defensive presence provided by O'Neal's backup, Mourning.

Josh Howard tied it 79-79 with 7:06 left on a pair of free throws, but Haslem made a corner jumper with 5:45 left to put Miami ahead for good. On each successive possession as the clock kept winding down, the Mavs looked tighter and tighter as they kept getting next to nothing from their three best offensive starters.

A 3-pointer from the corner by James Posey off a pass from Wade made it 87-81 with 3:41 left, but Dallas pulled to 89-88 when Stackhouse sank a 3 from the corner with 1:37 remaining. A putback by Haslem made it a 91-88 with 1:21 left, Howard made it a one-point game on a jumper with 42 ticks left, and Wade went to the line after colliding with Nowitzki and knocked down a pair for a three-point lead with 26.2 seconds left.

"He just took it to another level," Riley said. "You all witnessed it. You all watched it. Players like that are very hard to come by, and to watch them grow right in front of you, you know, he's making his legacy in his third year. We're blessed to have him."

In the beginning, the Mavs' long-lost aggression returned, especially when it came to Nowitzki, whose follow dunk in the lane off a missed dunk by Stackhouse put the Mavericks ahead 26-12.

It was looking at that point as though it might just be a rout like the last time these teams played here in Game 2, except for the fact that Wade hadn't even gotten started yet.

Wade's first point didn't come until 1:58 remained in the first quarter, and he had seven by the end of the quarter as part of a 15-4 run that got the Heat right back into contention. The score was 36-31 Mavs midway through the second quarter when Stern was shown on the videoboard, and the fans let him have it with boos. He hasn't been the most popular man in this town ever since Mark Cuban bought the Mavericks, and his league's suspension of Stackhouse for Game 5 and quarter-million dollar fine against Cuban prior to Game 6 fueled this latest booing, which was pretty intense.

Miami went scoreless during the 2˝ minutes that Wade rested in the second quarter, and he came off the bench a little rusty. One of his three turnovers in the quarter led to a breakaway dunk by Marquis Daniels to get the Mavs' lead up to 46-36, but Wade led Miami back -- with some help from a highly questionable foul against Daniels that led to a three-point play as part of a 13-0 run that ended with a two-handed slam by Mourning off a behind-the-back pass from Jason Williams -- and ended the half with 19 points as Miami led 49-48 at the break.

Dallas had gone from tenacious to tentative, and it kept up in the third quarter. Howard picked up his fourth foul just more than three minutes into the second half, and Stackhouse joined him with four fouls two minutes later as Walker scored and was fouled off a steal by Wade. Walker did his famous shimmy shake as he lay on the ground after the bucket, which put Miami ahead 59-53.

A strong defensive stretch helped the Heat open a nine-point lead, but the game started to change after Mourning missed a foul shot that would have completed a three-point play, and the Mavericks turned the long rebound into a fast break that Daniels ended with an emphatic dunk. A subsequent three-point play by Daniels brought the Mavs even closer, and they trailed only 71-68 entering the fourth quarter.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #75 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 7:58pm

I guess I called it.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #76 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 8:57pm

Miami didn't win it. It was handed to them by the ofiicials. Every time Wade drove the lane, a whistle blows. Shades of Jordan. Yesterday was no exception. Replays showed numerous times that Wade wasn't even touched and the whistle blew. The officials made sure that their darling Wade got his ring.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #77 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 10:59pm

Why do the officials care who gets the rings?  I could see the league wanting the series to extend to 7 games for extra TV and ticket revenue, but why else would they care?

If you drive to the hoop, you get to the line;  if you take jumpers, you don't get to the line.  It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2006 at 5:00am by BrewCity »  

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #78 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 10:16pm

Why should you automatically go to the line every time you drive the lane? Shouldn't you actually have to get fouled before you are awarded free throws? Again, numerous times Wade was never touched but he went to the line. On the other side of the coin, the Pistons were getting hacked under the boards against Miami and there were no whistles. Why should they care who wins? Because Dallas has no real superstars. Wade is the next superstar, and with him getting a ring, he will get tons of sponserships which in turn will also bring in more money and attention for the NBA. All you had to do was watch this series to see how one sided the officiating was. That's why the Mavs owner blew a gasket. He saw what everyone else saw.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #79 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:34am

Did you also happen to see the 5th game?  What about the Mavericks call for a time out?  Are you on the Mavs side here too?  Sorry, but I don't agree.  I only saw one call on Wade that I wouldn't have called a foul!  He got fouled all the time due to actually fouls!  With the Mavs expecting him to miss some free throws which he did finally at the end, Miami was still victorious in the end anyway.  You should want the Heat to win.  At least you can say that you were beaten by the NBA champs and not just another losing team!  OK, maybe I'm being harsh, but Miami has finally won a championship and I'm happy for them and I am proud to live in a winning home town! Smiley  Last year I wanted the Pistons to win, but they let me down.  This year, my wish came true, but I would have been just as happy if the Pistons had won! WinkSo there!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #80 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:36am

I agree, you should actually have to get fouled in order to get a call.  And Wade did get at least one call where even I didn't see any contact (and I admit I'm a big Wade fan).  But that's how it has worked in the NBA for as long as I can remember (back to the mid-'70's).  Dr. J got calls, Magic and Bird got calls, Jordan really got calls, etc. etc.

Oldfriend, if your "no superstars" theory is correct, wouldn't the NBA have stopped the Pistons from winning the rings 2 years ago?  Huh

I agree that the reffing in the NBA sucks, and it's inconsistent, but I don't believe the conspiracy theories.  The one thing that is consistent is that the players that drive to the basket more tend to get to the free throw line more than the players who stay outside and jack up the "J"'s.  And for some reason, Dallas turned into too much of a jump-shooting team at mid-series.  And that's what I think cost them the series.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #81 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 10:52pm

The officials tried to screw the Pistons 2 years ago, but the Pistons played so well that they beat the Lakers AND the officials. Again, if you watched the finals this year, especially the 3 games in Miami, you would have had to been in a coma not to see how lopsided the officiating was in favor of Miami. Besides sending Wade to the line constantly, they also would never call the obvious offensive fouls against Shaq that he commits everytime he gets the ball and just barrels backwards into whoever is guarding him. This series has just about killed my interest in watching pro hoops anymore. I'll stick to college games next year.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #82 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 11:42pm

My interest in pro hoops was pretty much killed off a long time ago, due not only to the crappy rule enforcement and "uneven" officiating, but also the lack of consistent effort of too many of the players.  I watched a lot this year because of Dwyane Wade.  I really prefer the college game.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #83 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 12:44pm

ive thought for while the pistons would have been in the finals...for the world championship..they came close for the third time....miami gave the effort and did it.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #84 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 1:01pm

wow i cant believe that ben wallace is jumping to chicago for 4 extra million...i guess a dollar is a dollar....hes a big piece to detriots recent success.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #85 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 8:37pm

That's what it boiled down to!  Who wouldn't like 4 extra million??!!!    Loyalty vs 4 million.  You do the math and we know the answer!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #86 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 10:57pm

It's pathetic. The guy already has more money than he will ever need, and 12 million a year for 4 years wasn't enough. I thought Ben was different, but obviously loyalty means nothing to him, so screw him. Good riddance.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #87 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 11:22pm

48 million or 52 million and a constistant winning team.....championships....4 million....as oldfriend says....thats pathetic.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #88 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 12:30am

Everyone always thinks that the "grass is greener" on the otherside!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #89 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 12:33am

4 million? The paper is now reporting that Chicago is giving 12 million more than the Pistons were going to give him and that he didn't like the Piston's offer.

Personally I'm gald to see him go... refusing not to go in the game, opening making bad comments about the coach, etc - things a co-captain shouldn't be doing! I think he hit his prime and is on the downswing.

Amen Oldfriend - screw him! This city supported him like crazy. He won't get that in Chicago.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.