Detroit Pistons (Read 9377 times)
BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Re: Detroit Pistons
Reply #75 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 7:58pm

I guess I called it.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #76 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 8:57pm

Miami didn't win it. It was handed to them by the ofiicials. Every time Wade drove the lane, a whistle blows. Shades of Jordan. Yesterday was no exception. Replays showed numerous times that Wade wasn't even touched and the whistle blew. The officials made sure that their darling Wade got his ring.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #77 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 10:59pm

Why do the officials care who gets the rings?  I could see the league wanting the series to extend to 7 games for extra TV and ticket revenue, but why else would they care?

If you drive to the hoop, you get to the line;  if you take jumpers, you don't get to the line.  It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2006 at 5:00am by BrewCity »  

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #78 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 10:16pm

Why should you automatically go to the line every time you drive the lane? Shouldn't you actually have to get fouled before you are awarded free throws? Again, numerous times Wade was never touched but he went to the line. On the other side of the coin, the Pistons were getting hacked under the boards against Miami and there were no whistles. Why should they care who wins? Because Dallas has no real superstars. Wade is the next superstar, and with him getting a ring, he will get tons of sponserships which in turn will also bring in more money and attention for the NBA. All you had to do was watch this series to see how one sided the officiating was. That's why the Mavs owner blew a gasket. He saw what everyone else saw.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #79 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:34am

Did you also happen to see the 5th game?  What about the Mavericks call for a time out?  Are you on the Mavs side here too?  Sorry, but I don't agree.  I only saw one call on Wade that I wouldn't have called a foul!  He got fouled all the time due to actually fouls!  With the Mavs expecting him to miss some free throws which he did finally at the end, Miami was still victorious in the end anyway.  You should want the Heat to win.  At least you can say that you were beaten by the NBA champs and not just another losing team!  OK, maybe I'm being harsh, but Miami has finally won a championship and I'm happy for them and I am proud to live in a winning home town! Smiley  Last year I wanted the Pistons to win, but they let me down.  This year, my wish came true, but I would have been just as happy if the Pistons had won! WinkSo there!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #80 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:36am

I agree, you should actually have to get fouled in order to get a call.  And Wade did get at least one call where even I didn't see any contact (and I admit I'm a big Wade fan).  But that's how it has worked in the NBA for as long as I can remember (back to the mid-'70's).  Dr. J got calls, Magic and Bird got calls, Jordan really got calls, etc. etc.

Oldfriend, if your "no superstars" theory is correct, wouldn't the NBA have stopped the Pistons from winning the rings 2 years ago?  Huh

I agree that the reffing in the NBA sucks, and it's inconsistent, but I don't believe the conspiracy theories.  The one thing that is consistent is that the players that drive to the basket more tend to get to the free throw line more than the players who stay outside and jack up the "J"'s.  And for some reason, Dallas turned into too much of a jump-shooting team at mid-series.  And that's what I think cost them the series.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #81 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 10:52pm

The officials tried to screw the Pistons 2 years ago, but the Pistons played so well that they beat the Lakers AND the officials. Again, if you watched the finals this year, especially the 3 games in Miami, you would have had to been in a coma not to see how lopsided the officiating was in favor of Miami. Besides sending Wade to the line constantly, they also would never call the obvious offensive fouls against Shaq that he commits everytime he gets the ball and just barrels backwards into whoever is guarding him. This series has just about killed my interest in watching pro hoops anymore. I'll stick to college games next year.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #82 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 11:42pm

My interest in pro hoops was pretty much killed off a long time ago, due not only to the crappy rule enforcement and "uneven" officiating, but also the lack of consistent effort of too many of the players.  I watched a lot this year because of Dwyane Wade.  I really prefer the college game.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

SANTA FE SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Reply #83 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 12:44pm

ive thought for while the pistons would have been in the finals...for the world championship..they came close for the third time....miami gave the effort and did it.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #84 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 1:01pm

wow i cant believe that ben wallace is jumping to chicago for 4 extra million...i guess a dollar is a dollar....hes a big piece to detriots recent success.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #85 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 8:37pm

That's what it boiled down to!  Who wouldn't like 4 extra million??!!!    Loyalty vs 4 million.  You do the math and we know the answer!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #86 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 10:57pm

It's pathetic. The guy already has more money than he will ever need, and 12 million a year for 4 years wasn't enough. I thought Ben was different, but obviously loyalty means nothing to him, so screw him. Good riddance.

IP Logged

PIRATE
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #87 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 11:22pm

48 million or 52 million and a constistant winning team.....championships....4 million....as oldfriend says....thats pathetic.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #88 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 12:30am

Everyone always thinks that the "grass is greener" on the otherside!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #89 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 12:33am

4 million? The paper is now reporting that Chicago is giving 12 million more than the Pistons were going to give him and that he didn't like the Piston's offer.

Personally I'm gald to see him go... refusing not to go in the game, opening making bad comments about the coach, etc - things a co-captain shouldn't be doing! I think he hit his prime and is on the downswing.

Amen Oldfriend - screw him! This city supported him like crazy. He won't get that in Chicago.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.