IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Detroit Pistons
Reply #46 - May 30th, 2006 at 8:24pm

You beat me to that one Bookies!

Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal were too much to handle for the second straight game and as a result, the Miami Heat are one win away from the NBA Finals. Wade scored 12 of his 31 points in the fourth quarter and O'Neal added 21 with nine rebounds to lead Miami to an 89-78 Game 4 win over visiting Detroit on Monday. A strong third quarter helped the Pistons erase a 14-point first-half deficit, but the Heat used a 10-2 run in the fourth for a 79-67 lead. Udonis Haslem played a strong game with 16 points for Miami, which shot 55 percent from the field while limiting Detroit to 39 percent. Tayshaun Prince scored 15 and Chauncey Billups added 14 for the Pistons, who will try to stave off elimination at home in Game 5 on Wednesday.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #47 - May 30th, 2006 at 8:37pm

I think that (true to my original prediction--Heat in 6 games) the Pistons still have one win left in them.  Heat in 6.

Miami is starting to peak!  I think they look like a team that will go all the way.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #48 - May 30th, 2006 at 10:37pm

One thing that nobody mentioned. The officiating. It is so obviously one sided it's sickening. It's starting to get with Wade the way it was with Jordan. Get within 2 feet of him and you get a whistle. And they never call Shaq's constant offensive fouls when he just backs his way into Ben and simply pushes defenders out of the way. When the Heat go to the line more than twice as many times as the Pistons, that should tell you that the officials are going to make sure that Wade and Shaq get a championship.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #49 - May 31st, 2006 at 1:09am

Shaq does get away with alot of rough stuff.  But alot of the free throw discrepancy is due to Flip's Hack-a-Shaq strategy.  And, like anyone in the NBA, when you continue to take the ball to the hole, you usually end up on the line alot.  That's what Wade does so well.  And he is so quick and skillful at penetrating, the defenders (Detroit's or anyone else's) often are left behind and commit frustration or desperation fouls to try to stop the dunk.  Detroit is playing pretty rough, too--Wade was hit hard in the face at least once (by Rip) and was undercut and landed flat on his back at least twice while going to the rim.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #50 - May 31st, 2006 at 2:16am

Brew, I couldn't have said that better if I said it myself!  Thanks! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #51 - May 31st, 2006 at 10:34pm

If Wade is going to keep driving the lane every time he gets the ball, then the Pistons should send him a message with a couple of hard fouls. Let him know that if he constantly drives the lane, there will be a physical price to pay. The officials will call a foul if you just get near him, so the Pistons might as well foul him for real.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #52 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 8:26pm

The Pistons overcame what had been a frustrating facet of the game to keep their championship dreams alive with Wednesday's 91-78 Game 5 win over the Heat. Detroit, which had struggled from the free-throw line in road losses in Games 3 and 4, shot 23-of-26 from the stripe while Miami went 6-of-20. Tayshaun Prince paced the Pistons with 29 points and Chauncey Billups added 17 and 10 assists. Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal continued to lead the way for the Heat, scoring 23 and 19 points, respectively. The Eastern Conference Finals return to South Beach for Game 6 on Friday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN).

Will Brew's prediction in Game 6 come true?  Only time will tell now!  Until tomorrow.......

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #53 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 10:01pm

Game 6 decides it. Obviously, if Miami wins, it's over. If the Pistons can pull out game 6 in Miami they way they pulled it out in game 6 in Cleveland, then we come home and take game 7. I think the pressure is on Miami right now to win game 6. There is no way they want to come back to Detroit for game 7.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #54 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 3:03am

Yes, Oldfriend, I have to agree with you on that one~

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #55 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 3:12am

This is the end of the line for the Pistons.  Miami is way more talented than Cleveland was, and is peaking at the right time.  I don't think there is any more pressure on Miami--Detroit is still facing elimination.  And, I think Miami is hungrier than Detroit right now.  Shaq has been coasting a little--all season--and that should stop now that it's getting into crunch time.

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #56 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 11:40pm

Wade became sick today and missed practice they claim he will still play tonight...

Brew while I agree Miami is way tougher then Cleveland and maybe hungrier than Detroit (I mean Pistons knocked Shaq out of the playoffs twice in a row) Pistons are 11-2 in elimination games... which is the best record in elimination games in NBA history.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #57 - Jun 3rd, 2006 at 2:21am

If Wade can drag his sick ass out of bed, he will play.  If not, we will see a Game 7. 

True, Detroit has been legendary in elimination games, but (I'll say it again) Flip Saunders is not the coach Larry Brown was.  And he's certainly no Chuck Daly.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #58 - Jun 4th, 2006 at 12:59am

...and there is only one Shaq.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #59 - Jun 4th, 2006 at 8:07am

You called it in 6 Brew and you were correct all the way.  I would have liked to have seen a game 7, but I always like to drag things out all the way!  Someone has to win and someone has to lose.  

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.