Send Topic Print
Detroit Pistons (Read 9372 times)
solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Re: Detroit Pistons
Reply #30 - May 22nd, 2006 at 6:29am

Bring on the Heat!  I'm sure the Pistons will win, but I hope it'a a tough one!  I don't want to give in too easily~ Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #31 - May 22nd, 2006 at 7:55am

OK, after Game 5, you left the Pistons for dead, and I (correctly) picked them to win both Game 6 and 7.   Cool

Now, I'm afraid they will be too worn down to beat Miami.  I like the Heat in 6 games.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #32 - May 22nd, 2006 at 9:29am

They will be tired, but not dead!  They hardly lose at home!  I like the Heat, but I'm going with the Pistons.  That way even if the Heat win, I win! Smiley Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #33 - May 22nd, 2006 at 7:25pm

bookies_original got an honorable mention in a pistons contest.  check it out:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006605210558

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #34 - May 22nd, 2006 at 8:22pm

Those were pretty funny!  Do they do that sort of thing all the time?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2006 at 10:50pm

Wow! that was exciting stuff! I was in Houghton Michigan friday night. My son's band. Alucard" was waiting to play a show that night. Right next to the venue is a place called the Keewenau Brewing Company. It's an awesome pub with great micro brews. The band , my other some (from the Weakend) and myself were watching the game while enjoying one of the best and most original pizzas we have ever had (that's a whole story in itself) and some of these great micro brews (try the pick axe blond). When Rasheed had the chance to ice it but missed both free throws at the end of the game, it was really nerve wracking. After they did eventually win game 6, I knew they had a great chance to wrap it up at home. This was a great series as far as excitement and LeBron is awesome, but the Pistons are going to have to pick it up a notch against Miami. They have to work for better shots and drive the lane more. Not so many outside jump shots, and the defense is going to need to play the way they played in the fourth quarter sunday against cleveland. Pistons in 6.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #36 - May 23rd, 2006 at 7:29pm

anybody hear Glenn Frey's "The Heat Is On" off in the distance?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #37 - May 23rd, 2006 at 7:58pm

American Idol or the basketball game?  I have to see the ending show!  I guess I will see the highlights! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #38 - May 24th, 2006 at 1:29am

Whatever crap you end up watching (I'm sure it will be American Idol),  just make sure you tune in for the 4th quarter of the game.  That's where it all happens.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #39 - May 24th, 2006 at 7:17pm

had to watch the tigers game but know we lost.
what happened?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #40 - May 24th, 2006 at 8:42pm

Well, The Heat won!  And yes, I did watch American Idol.  But let me explain.  It wasn't that I watched it home on the tele.  I went to the Hard Rock and they had a big Club Idol show.  Tommy Davidson, Paulie Shore, Wyclef and a few others, put on a concert.  It was for Wyclef's charity for Haiti.  It was for a good cause!  And Tommy Davidson and myself kept checking on our phones to keep up with the score!  Looked like a very close game that Miami stayed ahead most of and then lost it for just a few and then came back by 5 I believe.  Tune in tomorrow.......

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #41 - May 24th, 2006 at 8:55pm

The Heat looked well rested early on, jumping out to a 12-point lead in the first half, but needed to rally late to overtake the Pistons, 91-86, in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. After cutting down the Nets seven days ago, Miami stormed into Detroit on Tuesday and built the early lead behind Dwyane Wade's perfect 6-for-6 shooting. The third quarter was a different story, however, as Wade -- who hit seven straight shots before missing -- picked up his fourth foul, and Shaquille O'Neal joined him on the bench shortly thereafter. The Pistons pulled ahead on a Chauncey Billups' layup with 6:55 to play in the quarter, but James Posey's 3-pointer with 2:15 left in the third gave the Heat the lead for good. Wade finished with 25 points on 9-of-11 from the floor. Antoine Walker pumped in 17, while O'Neal and Gary Payton each added 14. Rip Hamilton led Detroit with 22, and Billups finished with 19 and seven assists. Game 2 tips Thursday at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #42 - May 26th, 2006 at 5:15am

One of our local news channels was doing something at the pre-game for tonight's Pistons/Heat game.  Well, they were saying that at a nearby farm they are digging for Jimmy Hoffa.  A local bakery is making cupcakes with hands coming out of the top of them and Pistons cookies.  The Jimmy Hoffa cupcakes are outselling the Pistons cookies!  Way to go Detroit fans! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #43 - May 26th, 2006 at 3:32pm

Tied Up!  Saturday will be a big game in Miami!  Should be interesting!  This might tell it all!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #44 - May 28th, 2006 at 12:31pm

Heat take a 2-1 Lead!

Dwyane Wade was on fire from the start of Saturday's Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals and that didn't change at all down the stretch. Wade, who scored 20 of his game-high 35 points in the second half, netted five points and assisted on another bucket in the final 1:53 of Miami's 98-83 victory over the visiting Pistons. Detroit cut a 12-point deficit in the final quarter down to one before Wade helped put the game out of reach. He connected on a pair of free throws for a 10-point lead with 1:53 to go and then converted a three-point play with 46 ticks remaining for a 96-83 edge. Wade put the finishing touches on the game as he fed Udonis Haslem for a basket in the closing seconds as the Heat seized a 2-1 series lead. Wade shot 13-of-17 from the field added 10 Nestlé Crunch Time Points

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.