Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interview (spanish) @ PopMadrid.com (Read 931 times)
popmadrid
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Interview (spanish) @ PopMadrid.com
Nov 7th, 2005 at 4:26am

Hello Romantickers,
just wanted to let you know that we had an interview with the Romantics last time they came to Spain, and it is here:
http://www.popmadrid.com/node/4744

Hope you like it. All the best!
Luis
http://www.popmadrid.com

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Re: Interview (spanish) @ PopMadrid.com
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 4:31am

Luis,
can we get you to translate it for us?
I am not sure many of us fans here speak Spanish1
Thanks for posting and welcome aboard!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 8:07am

I put the article into "Babelfish" ( http://babelfish.altavista.com ) and here is the translation... albeit a little  funny (literal vs. colloquial.)  If I have some time, I'll see if I can revise it to sound more like American English vs. Spanglish....

--Iris

Romantics: "Right now we have as much motivation as always"

by: joselt · 28 Sea 2002

The legendary band of power pop speaks to us of its present, last and future.

As creeis that has been the best band of the history of the Rock´n´Roll? Who are your favorite composers?

To try to choose a single band is very difficult. Instead of the best band, I prefer to choose the best time, than in my opinion it is from half to end of also 60. Existieron a pile of great English and American bands like good Australian and European groups.

My favorite composers were tios of the first blues like Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Howelin´Wolf, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Willie Dixon, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly and Little Richard. Also when growing in Detroit, strongly he was influenced by the composers of the Motown like: Berry Gordy, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Holland Dozier Holland, Norman Whitfield, Barrett Strong, etc.. Soon the British arrived Invasion with so incredible songs and composers coming from bands like: The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pretty Things, Them, The Kinks, The Hollies, The Who, Small the Phases, The Yardbirds, Creation, The Move, The Animals, The Troggs, Jimi Hendrix, The Easy Beats, Traffic, Cream, LED Zeppelin and very many more like naming them all.

What you think on Spain? You know some band Spanish? You know something on our scene?

Friends of other bands are counted wonderful things to me and that they amused much there touching and I know that we will experience mismo.He oido that Spain very hard has a scene of Rock´n´Roll in boiling. We hoped to become familiar with some of the local talents while we are there.

As they are the best discs than you have listened ultimanente?

The Strokes, the Detroit Cobras, the Chesterfield Kings and the White Stripes.

To Clem Burke: Háblanos on your experience in Blondie; how they were those years? Cuéntanos things on the New York scene, on the Ramons, Television or the Dead Boys…

We began Blondie in the 74 in the city of New York. We coexisted and we grew with bands like the Ramons, Television and Patti Smith. The scene of the CBGB included/understood 100 people, all of them components of bands basically. All we were friends and during that time there was a great camaraderie between us. Without mentioning the enormous musical nutritional chain, feeding us an a the others.

The Dead Boys later came a little from Cleveland, OH. Unlike the popular opinion, they were good chavales and Steve Bators was a charming person and a friend who still today I miss.

And how it was to touch with Peter CASE, You are fan of Nerves?

Jeffery Lee Perce de The Gun Club sent a copy to me of Nerves doing the "Hangin´on the Telephone" when it was of tour with Blondie in Japan during 1978. That was the first time that I knew of You rib Them. Of course, Blondie recorded Hangin´on the Telephone and it became nº 1 in UK. Also we recorded another song of Jack Lee in the disc "Parallel Lines".

On Peter, I believe that it is a mega talent as composer and the Plimsouls is great types. I recorded a disc with them call Kool Trash, escúchalo if you can find it. Fuel 2000 in the United States was published by the seal. All in the Plimsouls went it very well in the Spanish tour of the 96.

What you think on the image in rock´n´roll? You have always taken care of yours aspecto… We will see you again uniformed of leather?

Single we can speak by us but always we have felt who the image is an important part absolutely. Music and the essence are first but the image unites everything. If you will see leather dresses again us? They see the show and you will know it.
Whatever of the motivation of the 80 is?

The Romantics always we have put much dedication and been very we have motivated at the time of composing, recording and to present/display our music. Right now we have as much motivation as always. We have a new album that will leave this titled spring "6149" and will touch songs of this in our show. You can listen to songs of the new album in ours website www.romanticsdetroit.com. I hope that you enjoy as much listening to them as we did creating them.

Not creeis that "She´s got everything" and "What I like about you" or "When I look in your eyes” they look like much: )?

"She´s got everything" was a song of the Kinks and they were one of our great influences. They can exist light similar because the three songs are in the same album and then we were developing to our own sound and style.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 8:30am

Translated to "American English"... Smiley  Hopefully, I understood what the author meant... Smiley

--Iris

Romantics: "Currently, we are as motivated as ever"

by: joselt · 28 Sea 2002

The legendary band of power pop speaks to us of its present, past and future.

Who do you think is the best band in the history of Rock´n´Roll? Who are your favorite composers?

Trying to choose a single band is very difficult. Instead of the best band, I prefer to choose the best era, in my opinion it is from the middle to end of the 60's. There were many great English and American bands as well as Australian and European groups.

My favorite composers were from the early blues like Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Howelin´Wolf, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Willie Dixon, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly and Little Richard. Also while growing up in Detroit, he was strongly influenced by the composers of Motown like: Berry Gordy, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Holland Dozier Holland, Norman Whitfield, Barrett Strong, etc.. Then the British Invasion arrived with incredible songs and composers coming from bands like: The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pretty Things, Them, The Kinks, The Hollies, The Who, Small the Phases, The Yardbirds, Creation, The Move, The Animals, The Troggs, Jimi Hendrix, The Easy Beats, Traffic, Cream, LED Zeppelin and very many more. It's hard to name them all.

What you think about Spain? Do you know some Spanish bands? Do you know something about our scene?

Friends of other bands have told me wonderful things and that they enjoyed being there and I know that we will experience the same. We hear that Spain has a very hard Rock´n´Roll scene developing. We hope to become familiar with some of the local talent while we are there.

What are the best discs that you have listened most recently?

The Strokes, the Detroit Cobras, the Chesterfield Kings and the White Stripes.

To Clem Burke: Talk about your experience in Blondie; how were those years? Tell us about the New York scene, the Ramones, Television or the Dead Boys…

We formed Blondie in '74 in New York. We coexisted and developed along with bands like the Ramons, Television and Patti Smith. The scene of the CBGB included/about 100 people, which consisted mostly of band members. We were all friends and during that time there was a great camaraderie between us. We won't mention the enormous musical food chain, feeding us and the others.

The Dead Boys came a little later from Cleveland, OH. Unlike popular opinion, they were good guys and Steve Bators was a charming person and a friend who I still miss today.

How was it to meet with Peter Case, are you a fan of The Nerves?

Jeffery Lee Perce of The Gun Club sent a copy to me of the Nerves doing "Hangin´on the Telephone" during a Blondie tour in Japan in 1978. That was the first time that I heard of them. Of course, Blondie recorded "Hangin´on the Telephone" and it became number 1 in the UK. We also recorded another Jack Lee song on the disc "Parallel Lines".

On Peter, I believe that he is a very talented composer and the Plimsouls are a good group. I recorded a disc with them call Kool Trash,
if you can find it, listen to it. Fuel 2000 in the United States was published by Seal. The Spanish tour of the Plimsouls went well in '96.

What you think about the image of rock´n´roll? You have always taken care of your image … Will we see you again dressed in leather?

We can only speak for ourselves,  but we have always felt that image is definitely an important part. Music and the essence are first but image unites everything. Will you see us again dressed in leather? Come and see the show and you will find out.

What motivated you in the 80's?

The Romantics has always been dedicated and we were motivated at the time to compose, record and produce our own music. We still have as much motivation as always. We have a new album that will be released this spring entitled  "61/49" and will highlight these songs in our show. You can listen to the songs from the new album at our website www.romanticsdetroit.com. I hope that you enjoy listening to them as much as we did creating them.

Do you think that "She´s got everything" and "What I like about you" or "When I look in your eyes” are similar?

"She´s got everything" was a Kinks sing and they were one of our great influences. They sound similar because the three songs are on the same album and we were still developing our own sound and style.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.