Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Romantics merchandise on Ebay Stores (Read 990 times)
Rob
Ex Member

Romantics merchandise on Ebay Stores
Oct 17th, 2005 at 9:22pm

I was lurking around on Ebay, and discovered there are hundreds of Romantics items if you go to Ebay Stores. Every recording is available, as well as remixes, singles etc. There was even a guy who had several old photographs available from the pre 1st album Romantics. Check it out!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Jimmy's Drums are back again!
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 3:00am

Boy, this guy is persistent!  Still out of my price range!

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280025165698&rd=1&sspa...

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Re: Romantics merchandise on Ebay Stores
Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 7:37am

Has this been verified to be "the set" as this person states in the auction.  If I win the lottery I will buy it, otherwise I am going to have to pass on this one  Embarrassed  To bad to see a nice gift like this that was given to someone for a reason to just end up on ebay.  What else is new as a lot of folks are out to make a buck off someone else.

IP Logged

rockford_boy

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 10:08am

This is or isn't what is listed. Jimmy was using 28" kick drums near the middle and end of the 80's. You can clearly see the drum size on the videos and Bandstand. If they don't have documenation, from the drummer, then that is spooky, especially for that much scratch. It would be nice to know which tour so you can cross check the pic archive and see if you can spot the set.

I remember his kit from In Heat, and it wasn't that tour, or the National Breakout tour. At least, not when they were at Rockford or Headliners in Madison, WI.

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 8:18pm

RockfordBoy--this set was said to be from the Strictly Personal tour in the early '80's.  There's another thread on this board that has a lot of discussion about these drums, and I'm pretty convinced that they are legit.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.