Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Concerts you have been to this year (Read 15101 times)
pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Re: Concerts you have been to this year
Reply #120 - May 14th, 2007 at 11:46am

Recently went to see The Brothers Groove at the Cadieux Cafe (Feather Bowling anyone?!)  It was  a fun evening-- hanging out with my hubby and his cousins. Smiley  (Eric's grand uncle used to be a champion pigeon flyer when they did contests at the Cadieux Cafe!)

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #121 - May 14th, 2007 at 8:13pm

pinkbubelz wrote on May 14th, 2007 at 11:46am:
(Eric's grand uncle used to be a champion pigeon flyer when they did contests at the Cadieux Cafe!)

Dare I ask what a pigeon flyer is?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #122 - May 18th, 2007 at 11:26pm

Someone who raced pigeons.  Smiley

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #123 - May 22nd, 2007 at 10:27am

LOL!  I'm picturing the little pigeon sneakers they wore! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #124 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:24am

Got to see my sister's band (The Sharp Things) play last weekend   Looking forward to seeing The Romantics and The Police in the next few weeks.

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #125 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 10:52pm

Just when I think 1964 The Tribute can't get any better than the last time I saw them, they seem to put on an even more amazing show. Every harmony and guitar part was just perfect, and they even added a couple of songs to the show that I have never seen them do before, including one of the encore songs which was "Birthday". It was a request because it was a young boy's mom's birthday. That was the first time I have ever seen them do a song that was post Revolver. Rich and his son went with us and this was the first time they ever saw these guys. Needless to say, they loved the show. 1964 The Tribute will be back in the area in November.

IP Logged

Kevin64

I Love YaBB 2!

Long Island,New York
Reply #126 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 6:55am

Oldfriend,I saw 1964 for the 2nd time just a few weeks ago here in New York.I too was blown away by them once again.They do change their set list alot,so I was glad to hear them play Rain and Thank You Girl.These guys amaze me,and I can't wait for them to return to New York!

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!
shoemach5 schumach23  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #127 - Jul 15th, 2007 at 11:32am

I love the Beatles... Oldfriend-- will you let us know when they are back?  If my schedule isn't packed with work duties, my hubby and I would love to check it out!

By the way-- say "hi!" to Rich-- My air conditioning is working GREAT!!! Smiley

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pac-Man
God Member

Chomping Away

Reply #128 - Aug 14th, 2007 at 1:22pm

We saw Night Ranger the other night.  They put on a great concert and are worth checking out if anyone gets a chance.   Cool

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #129 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 10:48pm

Just saw Crowded House at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor last night. Absolutely amazing. They sounded SO good. Neil Finn sounded great and every background harmony was right on the money. Instrumentally they were flawless. They did a bunch of the hits that you would expect, a few from the new album (which is great), and a couple of surprises like a song from the Afterglow album. They did two three song encores and played for well over two hours. Fantastic show. We started our night at Conor Oniell's with some great Irish food and Guiness and Bodington's. It was one of those really memorable nights.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #130 - Aug 24th, 2007 at 10:33pm

Just saw the Yardbirds last night at the Magic Bag. This lineup has a guy from Royal Oak on bass and lead vocals and his voice is remarkably similar to Kieth Relf's. There is a guy on background vocals who blows a mean harmonica which really fills out the sound. The guitarist is a young 23 year old english guy who definitely does the material justice. Of course original members Jim McCarty on drums and Chris Dreja on rhythm guitar are there as well. They did most of the songs that you would want to hear like Shapes Of Things, For Your Love, Over Under Sideways Down, Heart Full Of Soul, Train Kept A Rollin', Happenings Ten Years Time Ago, Rack My Mind, Drinking Muddy Water, I'm A Man, and Smokestack Lightning. They even performed Dazed And Confused with Keith Relf's original lyrics. It was a really excellent show and if you are a Yardbirds fan, you won't be dissapointed with this lineup.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #131 - Aug 25th, 2007 at 10:29am

Nice review!  I wish I was there! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #132 - Aug 28th, 2007 at 12:37am

Get Back: The Cast Of Beatlemania. Another great show last night at Meadowbrook, especially the 2nd set where they perform the material from Sgt Pepper to Abbey Road. Amazing live versions of Strawberry Fields Forever and I Am The Walrus. These guys and 1964 The Tribute are the best Beatles shows around.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.