Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Concerts you have been to this year (Read 15136 times)
Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Concerts you have been to this year
May 24th, 2005 at 12:49pm

Thought I would start this topic again.  What concerts have you been to this year?

Myself, I saw Duran Duran back in March.  It was great to see the original lineup.  The concert was awesome.  The only thing that could have made it better for me was to have had the chance to meet them.   8)

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Re: Concerts you have been to this year
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2005 at 10:52pm

U2 twice! Simply awesome.

IP Logged

El Romantico

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2005 at 4:20am

Los Lobos and their all acoustic show.  It was fantastico!  Muy bien hecho!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2005 at 11:31pm

There sure have been a lot of "guests" posting since the crash!   8)

IP Logged

Another of those "Guests"

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2005 at 2:48am

Perhaps, Bookies.  However, I'm not clear on your point in bringing it up. 

Just a statement of fact, or is this perceived as a problem?

Did you not think the mention of Los Lobos was legitimate or serious?

A guest

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #5 - May 27th, 2005 at 11:12pm

well what I meant was that it seems like a coincidence that all of a sudden we get so many guests posting without wanting to become a member.  no big deal.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #6 - May 28th, 2005 at 9:55am

oh and btw, all of a sudden we get a slew of new members!!
wow!
nobody is fooling anybody.
we will soon move to an invitation only board!!
can't wait.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 8:27pm

Last night I saw HotHotHeat.  They were hot hot.  They gave me hot hot feet.  A good, spunky new-waveish young band from the Vancouver area with lotsa catchy tunes.  You may have heard their hit from last year "Bandages".  Check 'em out.

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 9:23am

I would have liked to have seen Hot Hot Heat, too.  Smiley

I've seen Billy Idol twice so far this year, in Tucson and Cleveland.  Billy and the band rock hard and look great.  Front row in Cleveland, I got an autograph from Billy (while he was singing), an autographed drum stick from Brian Tichy, and a Steve Stevens guitar pick.  Not bad!   8)

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 11:29pm

Nice, LMK!!

I hope the guys will be playing somewhere soon where we can road trip again! Wink

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 21st, 2005 at 4:40am

I caught the Knack this weekend at Racine Harborfest.  They rocked!  They have a new drummer (a fine one, at that), but the other 3 are originals, and they sounded better than ever!  Well, I had never seen them live before, but they were really tight.  Highlights included "Baby Talks Dirty", "Good Girls Don't", "Siamese Twins (The Monkey & Me)", and at the end, "She's so Selfish", "Frustrated", and "My Sharona" to top it off.  They had this odd medley of "Tequila" with the Doors "Break on Through"....it was kinda cool, but it dragged on and on for about 20 minutes.  Other than that spinout, it was an outstanding show.

And we were so close, I scored a thumb pick from Prescott, the bass player.

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #11 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 4:07am

Last night I went to the Grand Opening of the Seminole Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, FL.  Pretty great  theater to see concerts in.  Seats 5500 people and really not a bad seat in the house!  I saw the Outlaws, who I personally don't remember, REO Speedwagon, I was pleasantly surprised!  And Styx, who really rocked.  They said that they were releasing a new album.  They actually sang I am the Walrus, by the Beatles,  Again, I was pleasantly surprised.

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 4:32am

solodka, The new STYX cd is all covers - it came out a few months back and it rocks! Did they play I Don't Need No Doctor(they played it here a few days ago)... and man do they rock on that song - its worth buying the CD just for that!

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #13 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 5:00am

Yes, they did an encore that included I Don't Need No Doctor!  I was very surprised that they did not do a few other songs, one was Mister Roboto.  I guess due to the relationship of some of the ex-band members that is why they didn't sing certain songs.  This was their last concert before going home after a few months of being on the road.  They did play for about an hour and 20 minutes!  The whole concert was from 7:30 until 11:30.  But overall, I think that they pretty much had the same sound!  Of course Tommy Shaw was great.  They had another guitar player from another band that escapes me now.  Andrew, do you remember what his name was and what bands he played with?

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 5:03am

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but in my humble opinion, bands like Styx are what's wrong with rock and roll. You can put Boston, Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Heart on that same list just to name a few more. The stuff I heard off of that Styx covers album was horrid, laughable really. It's worse than that Rush cover album. Steve Marriot's original vocals on Humble Pie's version of "I Don't Need No Doctor" can't be touched. Just my opinion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.