Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mike Skill Speaks about Tampa (Read 859 times)
Web_Girl
Ex Member

Mike Skill Speaks about Tampa
Nov 6th, 2004 at 5:07am

Hi everyone,
Count on Web_Girl for post-show updates!

This is what Mike had to say about the performance in Tampa, FL:

"Brad Elvis was the first person I saw when I arrived in Tampa. I told him I needed a title for a song I had been working on and he came up with it out of the blue. The song is actually a power ballad…someone had challenged me to write one and the idea for some music came to me on my night off while we were in Santiago, Chile. When I got back to Detroit I worked on it some more.

This is the first song Brad and I have talked about together. Brad is a prolific writer and a great musician.

We played the St. Pete Times Forum, the home stadium of the 2004 Stanley Cup Champions, the Tampa Bay Lightening. In the locker room they have the names of three other teams written on the wall to look at and get hyped…Detroit happened to be one of them.

I never got to drive the zamboni but “Zamboni Joe,” who also has a 2004 championship ring, drove us all around town, from the venue to the hotel, to the practice space, etc. While in Tampa, I found this great Jamaican restaurant. All in all, it was a good time."

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Re: Mike Skill Speaks about Tampa
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 8:59am

Thanks, Web_Girl, for this post!

It is SO nice to hear from Mike....sounds like they had a good time.  I hope the crowd was great to the band.
It would be nice to hear his new 'power ballad', too. 
Lynn   8)

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 9:07pm

yes Web_Girl, thank you very much!! It is so fun to hear things from the  bands members' perspectives  and this report conjured up an especially hilarious visual when I pictured Mike driving a zamboni!! Maybe if the hockey season EVER gets started, the Red Wings will let him drive the ceremonial first zamboni around the ice!  Hey stranger things have happened, they let Alto Reed play sax and skate pre-game sometimes!  
Thanks WG and Mike.  Wink

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 4:23am

Great to hear from Mike! Smiley

I haven't been posting much-- 7600 photos over the past year have been keeping me way too busy... still working on getting some of them (well, most!) printed out! :-P

BTW-- Web_girl, when we were in Toledo earlier this year, I accidentally gave the guys one of the photos I asked them to sign.... Sad  (it was a photo of the Emerald Theatre...)

(I still have the Romantics photo disc on my list of stuff to finish, I haven't forgotten!-- got so many that I will have to weed through them all!)

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 9:04pm

Thanks Web_Girl and Mike.  It sure is nice to hear an update
from one of the band members.  I hope this will be an ongoing thing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.