Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Romantics on New NBC reality show (Read 4415 times)
knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Romantics on New NBC reality show
May 22nd, 2005 at 7:42pm

"hit me baby one more time", where various 80's stars compete for another record contract and the audience decides based on performances.

The Romantics are on there, so EVERYBODY'S got to watch this and vote for them June 2nd. I think they are on the first episode.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?  At first I thought, "gee, they think the romantics are has-beens", but then I thought, well, this is good publicity.

What do you think?  Nevertheless, you gotta watch!

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Romantics on New NBC reality show
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:17pm

I hope the Romantics and all other groups who are on this show get to play more than one tune.  If so, the Romantics will definately have an advantage over most.  The Romantics are not now, and never have been, "one hit wonders" like the Knack, Billy Idol, and so many others.  If the Romantics are on, I will watch!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:27pm

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hit_Me_Baby/index.shtml

PLEEEEEEEEZE GO TO THE SITE AND VOTE FOR OUR BOYS!

They are having a poll and as of today, here are the standings:

Which performer's music conjures up the strongest memories for you?
A Flock of Seagulls
 0.17%  
Arrested Development
 0.13%  
Loverboy
 0.30%  
The Romantics
 0.06%  
Tiffany
 0.34%

Vote more than once!! (not sure if it counts though. they might have ip's logged) We can't let Tiffany run away with this one!!

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:39pm

Yes, please go to the NBC site and vote.  Let's win one for Rock n Roll!

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2005 at 3:41am

Please, Dennis.  Billy Idol has never been a 'one hit wonder'.   Angry
I'm concerned that our Romantics are going to be on this show.  They put out a great new CD with 61/49, and I don't want them to be considered 'has beens'.  How could they even mention the Romantics (many great songs) to the mall chick, Tiffany?!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2005 at 6:16am

i wish someone could confirm whether or not they are actually doing this show.  what i find weird is if you click on any of the other 4 performers, it gives you a little capsule about them but when you click on the romantics, all it says is "coming soon"

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2005 at 8:40am

Darn! I leave SoCali two days before the show..!

IP Logged

Timster2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2005 at 9:58am

I saw a commercial for this show last night while watching NBC and there was absolutely no mention of the Romantics.  There was a list of artists/groups mentioned such as the Knack and Loverboy, but not our guys from Detroit. 

Do the poll results have an affect on who gets mentioned and who doesn't in the commercials?  I just voted which gave the Romantics a whopping .07%.

The other thing to consider is "is this show already taped?"  Maybe its why we have heard so little from the Romantics in terms of touring lately. 

Regardless, I have to wonder if the Romantics would be performing /already performed "What I Like About You" or "Talking In Your Sleep".   Since each group/artist is supposed to perform their biggest hit along with a new song, I wonder which cut from 6149 will be/was picked.

I guess we should be thankful that the Romantics will be on TV and getting exposure whether they win or not.  I just hope that they are treated with the same respect as the hacks that they are up against!

You got me bothered, You got me hot, I'm Hot & Bothered - I want what you got!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2005 at 1:18am

If they need a photo--I'll offer up one of mine!

Tiffany-- BLeCH!!!!!  Never listened to her then, and I will never listen to her now!

They need to get The Romantics and "What I Like about YOU" on their board-- if people hear that song, then they WILL remember our guys...

I will try to vote as often as I can.  We need to get those numbers up!

(it's up to 0.07 now!)

It might help if they had a photo on the site, so that people would actually recognize the band!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2005 at 1:21am

I guarantee that more people recognize "What I LIke About YOu" than any of the songs by the other artist.  I dont' think I can let a day go by without hearing it on TV or the radio!

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2005 at 9:29am

It looks like the Romantics have been pulled from the site all together...   ???

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2005 at 10:10am

Is there anyone who can fill us in on what happened? Site manager, moderators, the guys themselves? I was soooo looking forward to the guys getting some exposure again!

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2005 at 10:17am

Ok, found this link and found out this started as a british tv show.  This page lists the artists and what they sang on the british show.

It also lists the line ups for the american version. It still lists the romantics for week #1, although the official site now has a blank sillouette in place of where the romantics pic used to be.

Only someone who works with the band can tell us what happened I guess.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2005 at 10:51pm

It is strange that the show is only a week away, yet no one from the band or close to the band has mentioned anything definite regarding the show.  The Romantics tend to avoid anything that makes them look like has-been's or a nostalgia act (Whatever happened to? on VH1 etc.) so it would surprise me if they did this show.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #14 - May 25th, 2005 at 12:44am

I doubt you will be seeing them on this show.  They have been removed from the poll and the picture has been taken down.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #15 - May 25th, 2005 at 9:41am

Just curious, did they originally agree to do it, or was it just an assumption by the producers??

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - May 25th, 2005 at 10:03am

I can't imagine it being an 'assumption' by NBC.  They had to have gotten an 'ok' from SOMEONE associated with the romantics.  Maybe someone just spoke too soon.  My curiosity is killing me wondering what happened!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #17 - May 26th, 2005 at 9:47pm

Hopefully someone from the Romantics camp will give us the "official" word on what transpired. 
I am glad they are not doing the show.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 27th, 2005 at 8:37pm

I'm not glad...that would have been a really cool thing to see them on.

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 2:46am

I agree.. I wish they were on the show!

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 5:36am

I thought it woulkd have been great publicity! What better than being on a major network prime time show?

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #21 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 5:37pm

yes, it would have been great publicity but at what expense?
are the guys wanting to convey the message that they are some flash in the pan, washed up one hit wonder?
or do they want to promote themselves as a band whose best work is yet to come?
if anyone was asking me, i would prefer the latter.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 8:20pm

Or, a chance to show the nation that they did have some great songs in the past, they still rock, and are still a vital band (maybe better than ever) whose best is yet to come?

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #23 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 5:13am

Quote:
yes, it would have been great publicity but at what expense?
are the guys wanting to convey the message that they are some flash in the pan, washed up one hit wonder?
or do they want to promote themselves as a band whose best work is yet to come?
if anyone was asking me, i would prefer the latter.

I love the guys, but I have to admit, I'd love to see them on the show.  Because it looks like to me, that outside of the Detroit area there's little if any promotion going on AT ALL! 

I still get the response, "who are the romantics" whenever I mention the band.  Maybe the guys are happy to kind of stay a regional band.  If so, that's great.  If they were actually interested in going national again, that tv show would've been great promotion, with no shame involved whatsoever.  Especially when they WON.

IP Logged

rockford_boy
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 8:34pm

One thing you all are overlooking is that the band just ended a multi-year lawsuit that involved all of their back catalog. I'm making a guess, but that may be why The Romantics just dissapeared from the program.

They are still trying to push the "GREAT" 61/49 cd and may have had legal issues working against them. I don't know, but folks do not turn away good publicity unless they feel it will hurt them some how.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 11:50pm

I'll be watching the 1st episode tonight, Romantics or no Romantics.   I'd prefer the former, though.

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 9:21am

Thank goodness the Romantics pulled out of this show!  Our guys are certainly not "one hit wonders" or "has beens"!  Most of the acts on the show tonight looked and sounded bad, in my opinion.

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 9:27am

Quote:
Thank goodness the Romantics pulled out of this show!  Our guys are certainly not "one hit wonders" or "has beens"!  Most of the acts on the show tonight looked and sounded bad, in my opinion.

BUT consider this, imagine how great the Romantics would've sounded by comparison.

...and even though I didn't really care for their syle of music, arrested developement actually sounded good.

And Loverboy weren't one hit wonders, they were one of the few acts that could actually fill up a greatest hits cd.  But, they still didn't sound very good.  And thank goodness Tiffany didn't win!

IP Logged

Timster2
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 11:02am

Man, does that show suck!  Most of those acts were lightweights and I would'nt have cared to see any of them again.  I thought the show had a fake
" vibe" to it and that most of the audience stood there grinning and acting like they were into the performaces, when they probably didn't even know who the acts were.   

Part of me is glad that the Romantics won't have to perform someone else's "current" hit (instead of something off of 6149), but  it would've been interesting to hear/see what they would've chosen (or been forced) to play.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 5:10pm

I agree, Timster,  about the show having a "fake" feel to it.  I didn't care for the host.  I don't like the format at all.  I think that the acts should have performed one of their hits, and then followed with  a newer song of their own.  Performing someone else's current hit seems ridiculous to me.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #30 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 5:57pm

did i really watch that show?
i did!
what an embarrassment for all the acts that participated.
this was the worst hour of tv i have ever seen. 
good move Romantics by NOT doing this show!
it was awful!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 8:45pm

I have to agree, in general that the show was sucky, but I think what made it so bad was the selection of new songs they played.  If The Romantics had to do a crapsong like Loverboy did, I can see why they rejected it.  However, if they could play something cool that rocks like "Ride" by the Vines, or maybe "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet, etc., they would have set everyone's TVs on fire (and saved the show).

I'll watch next week, though.  The Knack and Tommy Tutone may offer some hope.   Undecided

IP Logged

Timster2
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 8:04am

I'll go against my better judgement and watch next week, just to see the Knack and Tommy Tutone. 

I wonder how old a required "current" hit can be .  Some of those "current" hits were a year or so old.

It makes me wonder if the Romantics were initially up for the show until they found out that they had to play someone else's hit, rather than being able to
plug 6149.   Although BrewCity mentions some good choices  for them to cover, I could understand why their enthusiasm would've dropped off.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 8:29am

I agree.  I didnt know they had to play someone
else's hit either. That is kind of a goofy requirement.  It would have been good publicity though.  Howard Stern was talking about it all morning.

IP Logged

jonnie2224
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #34 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 12:50pm

You know what was even more sad ? Did the singer of "Loverboy" eat his hits OMG what a blimp !!! Give Wally credit at least he's in shape !!!
I agree if the Romantics could play Jet as a cover that would be awesome !!!!!

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 11:08pm

Perhaps the Knack has been reading this board...I checked and they are on next week and their cover song will be "are you gonna be my girl". 
The Knack are my odds on favorite to win next week. They've been playing and touring (like the romantics) since the 80's and in the past couple of years released a concert dvd in which they sounded fantastic.
I think the Romantics would perform just as well as the Knack are going to....even though a lot of people think the show would be bad for them, I think they could do it and really shine in it.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #36 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 11:34pm

i too love the Knack live and have gone to see them just about every summer that they play here. 

i still support the Romantics in their decision NOT to do this show though.

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #37 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 11:41am

I can understand the Romantics not wanting to play this show.  Still, I hope the band gets some kind of new national exposure in the near future.  It's time that the country...nay, the world remember how great this band has always been.   Pop radio could use a band like the Romantics now.

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #38 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 8:42pm

I'm a big Knack fan too. Those guys still sound incredible live. I hope they do well this Thursday ...

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 11:27pm

I didn't see the show, but it sounds like The Romantics would have blown the other bands out of the water...(which would have been good despite the apparent cheesiness of the show.)

Just looking at the photos on the site, our guys at least still LOOK like they still perform, vs. just looking old and washed up!

And, I think it is funny that They'd give Tiffany a Kelly Clarskton song to sing... I was never into Tiffany back when I was a kid, I can only imagine how bad the song sounded...

I might watch it this week just for kicks...

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #40 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 1:22am

I like to think that the producers of the show rejected the Romantics after getting one look at  and one listen to them and thinking to themselves, "No, no!  They won't do at all!  They're still too cool, competent, and sure of themselves!  There just isn't any pathetic factor to work with here!  These guys are just still too good!"    Smiley

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 1:31am

OK, we're still hoping for an explanation from the band about what happened......Were they invited?  Did they accept and then pull out?  Did they try to get on and were rejected?  Curious minds need to be quenched!    Grin

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #42 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 6:35am

i don't have an "official" word but i did hear something to the effect of they had agreed to do the show initially and had a change of heart.

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #43 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 8:50am

I believe they may have had an issue with something I noticed tonight on the show.......all the music tracks are pre-recorded!
Which is part of the reason that most of the artists don't sound that great.  The difference in quality of the pre-recorded music and live vocals don't mix well.

The show's not over yet tonight, but if vanilla ice wins, I'll swear off the show!

So far I think Tommy Tutone's sounded the best, even though I'm a big Knack fan.  On the Knack's cover, he couldn't quite hit those high notes on the Jet song.

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 8:57am

Ok, I'll break down on this one... good thing the Romantics didn't take part in this crap.

I didn't catch the people performing their hits, but the covers made me want to puke. The Knack did ok with Jet, but they had some lyrics wrong and didn't bring the dirty/grunge feel to the song. Tommy Whatever was horrible. Being a Blink-182 fan, I wanted to puke big time. Again he sang alot of wrong lyrics. Added lyrics in the bridge. Change the entire guitar chord structure, oh and the main melody for the "na-na-na-na-na" was so far off. After that I turned it off and was gald the Romantics didn't take part in this crap.

I would like to catch the Knack one time.. thought this year they are playing a private party when they swing through town

I did notice that the music could be pre-recorded - at times  the Knack's singer wasnt playing his guitar but I could have sworn I heard his guitar.. hmmm.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #45 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 5:20pm

that's it for me!! i have seen enough!  what a total sham this show is and such a wasted one hour of my time.
it has absolutely NO redeeming qualities.
fake from start to finish.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 5:42pm

Yep, this show is quite pathetic.  I am saddened to see another of my favorites on there next week - Howard Jones.  I will say, there is ONE redeeming quality, though - they are donating their winnings to charity.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #47 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 6:12pm

yes gbaby but how many of them could have afforded a huge donation to charity anyhow without making total idiots of themselves?

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #48 - Jun 11th, 2005 at 1:59am

The show does help to highlight how well the Romantics have managed to maintain their collective dignity since the 1980s.  You look and listen to the Romantics today and you see an act that still has its original passion and charisma intact.  They're a little older, but not far removed from their prime.

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #49 - Jun 11th, 2005 at 3:08am

I wouldn't judge the groups too harshly on the show.  The show's sound mix is HORRIBLE.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, the music is pre-recorded, obviously to save time so they don't have to actually set up all the equipment and designed to make things faster and easier.  The problem is, it makes everything sound like crap trying to mix live vocals with pre-recorded music.  Which I think is one reason the hip hopsters and rappers seem to be doing so well on the show, they don't ever REALLY play anything anyway!

I know the knack sound better than they did on the show. (there's no excuse for A Flock Of Seagulls though, their lead singer just plain sucked)
Tommy Tutone's mix was probably the best mix on this past show.

The pre-recorded music is largely what's giving it all that "cheezy" "fake" feel.  And the stupid host doesn't help either.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #50 - Jun 11th, 2005 at 2:02pm

I watched it for the first time last night.  I enjoyed seeing the groups, but the format and the host suck.  It is way to much to cram into 1 hour (less than that with commercials).  I am willing to bet this show will be gone shortly.

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #51 - Jun 12th, 2005 at 3:16am

I just saw the show, and have to say, I enjoyed the bands, especially The Knack : )  "My Sharona" is such a classic  Grin

I agree, the host stinks, and the show itself, nothing great, but it's nice to hear such great bands again. 

Looking forward to Howard Jones!

Lori

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #52 - Jun 12th, 2005 at 4:15am

I agree that it is nice to see these bands again.  Too bad somebody couldn't have come up with a better premise for such classic bands that deserve a better showcase for their talent. Sad

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #53 - Jun 13th, 2005 at 2:37am

Agreed! 

L.

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #54 - Jun 13th, 2005 at 6:33am

Bands Reunited on Vh-1 was a good place to see those kinds of bands again, but I think it's gone now.

There were too many let-downs on it., where bands wouldn't re-unite, or else someone would say they would reunite on camera, then back out or just plain not show up!

They had Squeeze on there and the they agreed to re-unite, but then Chris Difford was the only one to show up!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jun 13th, 2005 at 1:52pm

Haven't seen the show, and judging by the comments here, I'm not sure I'm even going to try to see the show.... My hubby and I are in agreement... The Romantics aren't another "washed-up/has-been" band with no shred of dignity...They don't belong on this kind of show!

As my hubby put it so eloquently, The Romantics are a band who are serious about trying to come back with new music and to be better than ever... The sad thing is that they now have to "compete" with these other bands that are just desperate to get any type  of publicity, whether good or bad (in this case, a cheesy show) and who are trying to capitalize on their "nostalgia" factor... 

It's obvious from 61/49 that The Romantics aren't just trying to bring back their younger days, but instead they are making music that pleases them (and their fans) without being tired repeats of their musical past...

Good for them for turning down a show that would pigeon hole them as "one or few hit wonders of the 80s."!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 8:24am

Yikes-- half-watching this show tonight...
Wang Chung sounded horrible to me... My hubby was watching the bassist in one of the other  bands and he was playing something completely different than what was on the "sound track".....

And, Yes, the host is cheesy (Those Brits!  LOL)

Thank Goodness the guys chose NOT to play this show!!!  They would have to force the producers to let them REALLY play instead of going through the motions.....

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #57 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 11:53am

I just wanted to set the record straight on a few things.  I  happen to know first hand that the band was offered the show, but never actually agreed to do it.  Somehow there was a misconception on NBC's part and that is why they had the Romantics photo on their website.  So as not to confuse anyone, the band has no desire to participate in the show at this point.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2005 at 10:51pm by solodka »  

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 8:23pm

That's not surprising after seeing that crappy show.  It is a cool concept, though.  But Irene Cara.....gimme a freakin' break!   Embarrassed

Did anyone catch Howard Jones last night?  How was he?  What songs did he perform?

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 1:52am

Howard Jones sang No One Is To Blame and then a song by Dido.  You can read a review on :
www.realitytvworld.com

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 4:48am

Thanks, that was pretty much the info I was looking for.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #61 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 6:18am

The show is a complete joke.  After watching last nights show and the wonderful outcome I will not waste another hour on this b.s.  I enjoy watching the groups but last night took the cake.  Irene Cara stunk up the place.  She sounded horrible  Shocked  I don't know what happened to her over the years but her voice has gone the way of the west.  The show is suppose to be the original band (or as close as you can get to it) performing yet she comes out with her new band to do the second performance and then wins it?  NBC allows this and promotes the band on national tv?  Give me a break.  IMO Howard Jones was spectacular and deserved the win last night.  Out of the 5 groups Irene Cara was in 5th place IMO.  They shouldn't have allowed her to come out with her new band thus ruining the idea behind this show.  Don't get me wrong, her new band sounds ok (minus her) but this isn't the idea behind the show.  It just goes to show how a show goes down hill quickly and looses an audience thanks to b.s. like this.  Ah, just a little venting from the old Pac-Man   8)

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #62 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 11:41am

i had know idea that show existed ........does sound interesting.......i got to read threw all the posts to see if the romantics did or didnt play.......if they did i wish i knew so i could have voted.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #63 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 9:54pm

pirate, luckily for them, they didn't play.
i have given this show 2 hours of my time.......which is two hours too many.
an absolute waste.

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Jun 19th, 2005 at 4:09am

I have to say that you can always try and take something and use it to your own advantage.  For example, take Vanilla Ice.  Not that we care about Vanilla Ice, speaking only for myself mind you, but he obviously got the most out of a bad show.  He  was able to show whomever was watching, that he was able to take Destiny's child song, I'm a Survivor, turn it into his own song and give the public a preview of what is coming out on his brand new album.  He ended up winning $20,000 for his charity, Make A Wish Foundation, and was even paid for being on the show.  So, for us it might be a waste of time watching, but someone is obviously watching as it is still on.  For how long is the question here. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.