Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Romantics on New NBC reality show (Read 4408 times)
Rob
Ex Member

Re: Romantics on New NBC reality show
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2005 at 9:41am

Just curious, did they originally agree to do it, or was it just an assumption by the producers??

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - May 25th, 2005 at 10:03am

I can't imagine it being an 'assumption' by NBC.  They had to have gotten an 'ok' from SOMEONE associated with the romantics.  Maybe someone just spoke too soon.  My curiosity is killing me wondering what happened!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #17 - May 26th, 2005 at 9:47pm

Hopefully someone from the Romantics camp will give us the "official" word on what transpired. 
I am glad they are not doing the show.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 27th, 2005 at 8:37pm

I'm not glad...that would have been a really cool thing to see them on.

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 2:46am

I agree.. I wish they were on the show!

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 5:36am

I thought it woulkd have been great publicity! What better than being on a major network prime time show?

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #21 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 5:37pm

yes, it would have been great publicity but at what expense?
are the guys wanting to convey the message that they are some flash in the pan, washed up one hit wonder?
or do they want to promote themselves as a band whose best work is yet to come?
if anyone was asking me, i would prefer the latter.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 8:20pm

Or, a chance to show the nation that they did have some great songs in the past, they still rock, and are still a vital band (maybe better than ever) whose best is yet to come?

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #23 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 5:13am

Quote:
yes, it would have been great publicity but at what expense?
are the guys wanting to convey the message that they are some flash in the pan, washed up one hit wonder?
or do they want to promote themselves as a band whose best work is yet to come?
if anyone was asking me, i would prefer the latter.

I love the guys, but I have to admit, I'd love to see them on the show.  Because it looks like to me, that outside of the Detroit area there's little if any promotion going on AT ALL! 

I still get the response, "who are the romantics" whenever I mention the band.  Maybe the guys are happy to kind of stay a regional band.  If so, that's great.  If they were actually interested in going national again, that tv show would've been great promotion, with no shame involved whatsoever.  Especially when they WON.

IP Logged

rockford_boy
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 8:34pm

One thing you all are overlooking is that the band just ended a multi-year lawsuit that involved all of their back catalog. I'm making a guess, but that may be why The Romantics just dissapeared from the program.

They are still trying to push the "GREAT" 61/49 cd and may have had legal issues working against them. I don't know, but folks do not turn away good publicity unless they feel it will hurt them some how.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 11:50pm

I'll be watching the 1st episode tonight, Romantics or no Romantics.   I'd prefer the former, though.

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 9:21am

Thank goodness the Romantics pulled out of this show!  Our guys are certainly not "one hit wonders" or "has beens"!  Most of the acts on the show tonight looked and sounded bad, in my opinion.

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 9:27am

Quote:
Thank goodness the Romantics pulled out of this show!  Our guys are certainly not "one hit wonders" or "has beens"!  Most of the acts on the show tonight looked and sounded bad, in my opinion.

BUT consider this, imagine how great the Romantics would've sounded by comparison.

...and even though I didn't really care for their syle of music, arrested developement actually sounded good.

And Loverboy weren't one hit wonders, they were one of the few acts that could actually fill up a greatest hits cd.  But, they still didn't sound very good.  And thank goodness Tiffany didn't win!

IP Logged

Timster2
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 11:02am

Man, does that show suck!  Most of those acts were lightweights and I would'nt have cared to see any of them again.  I thought the show had a fake
" vibe" to it and that most of the audience stood there grinning and acting like they were into the performaces, when they probably didn't even know who the acts were.   

Part of me is glad that the Romantics won't have to perform someone else's "current" hit (instead of something off of 6149), but  it would've been interesting to hear/see what they would've chosen (or been forced) to play.

You got me bothered, You got me hot, I'm Hot & Bothered - I want what you got!

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 5:10pm

I agree, Timster,  about the show having a "fake" feel to it.  I didn't care for the host.  I don't like the format at all.  I think that the acts should have performed one of their hits, and then followed with  a newer song of their own.  Performing someone else's current hit seems ridiculous to me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.