Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Romantics on New NBC reality show (Read 4406 times)
knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Romantics on New NBC reality show
May 22nd, 2005 at 7:42pm

"hit me baby one more time", where various 80's stars compete for another record contract and the audience decides based on performances.

The Romantics are on there, so EVERYBODY'S got to watch this and vote for them June 2nd. I think they are on the first episode.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?  At first I thought, "gee, they think the romantics are has-beens", but then I thought, well, this is good publicity.

What do you think?  Nevertheless, you gotta watch!

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Romantics on New NBC reality show
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:17pm

I hope the Romantics and all other groups who are on this show get to play more than one tune.  If so, the Romantics will definately have an advantage over most.  The Romantics are not now, and never have been, "one hit wonders" like the Knack, Billy Idol, and so many others.  If the Romantics are on, I will watch!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:27pm

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hit_Me_Baby/index.shtml

PLEEEEEEEEZE GO TO THE SITE AND VOTE FOR OUR BOYS!

They are having a poll and as of today, here are the standings:

Which performer's music conjures up the strongest memories for you?
A Flock of Seagulls
 0.17%  
Arrested Development
 0.13%  
Loverboy
 0.30%  
The Romantics
 0.06%  
Tiffany
 0.34%

Vote more than once!! (not sure if it counts though. they might have ip's logged) We can't let Tiffany run away with this one!!

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:39pm

Yes, please go to the NBC site and vote.  Let's win one for Rock n Roll!

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2005 at 3:41am

Please, Dennis.  Billy Idol has never been a 'one hit wonder'.   Angry
I'm concerned that our Romantics are going to be on this show.  They put out a great new CD with 61/49, and I don't want them to be considered 'has beens'.  How could they even mention the Romantics (many great songs) to the mall chick, Tiffany?!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2005 at 6:16am

i wish someone could confirm whether or not they are actually doing this show.  what i find weird is if you click on any of the other 4 performers, it gives you a little capsule about them but when you click on the romantics, all it says is "coming soon"

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2005 at 8:40am

Darn! I leave SoCali two days before the show..!

IP Logged

Timster2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2005 at 9:58am

I saw a commercial for this show last night while watching NBC and there was absolutely no mention of the Romantics.  There was a list of artists/groups mentioned such as the Knack and Loverboy, but not our guys from Detroit. 

Do the poll results have an affect on who gets mentioned and who doesn't in the commercials?  I just voted which gave the Romantics a whopping .07%.

The other thing to consider is "is this show already taped?"  Maybe its why we have heard so little from the Romantics in terms of touring lately. 

Regardless, I have to wonder if the Romantics would be performing /already performed "What I Like About You" or "Talking In Your Sleep".   Since each group/artist is supposed to perform their biggest hit along with a new song, I wonder which cut from 6149 will be/was picked.

I guess we should be thankful that the Romantics will be on TV and getting exposure whether they win or not.  I just hope that they are treated with the same respect as the hacks that they are up against!

You got me bothered, You got me hot, I'm Hot & Bothered - I want what you got!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2005 at 1:18am

If they need a photo--I'll offer up one of mine!

Tiffany-- BLeCH!!!!!  Never listened to her then, and I will never listen to her now!

They need to get The Romantics and "What I Like about YOU" on their board-- if people hear that song, then they WILL remember our guys...

I will try to vote as often as I can.  We need to get those numbers up!

(it's up to 0.07 now!)

It might help if they had a photo on the site, so that people would actually recognize the band!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2005 at 1:21am

I guarantee that more people recognize "What I LIke About YOu" than any of the songs by the other artist.  I dont' think I can let a day go by without hearing it on TV or the radio!

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2005 at 9:29am

It looks like the Romantics have been pulled from the site all together...   ???

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2005 at 10:10am

Is there anyone who can fill us in on what happened? Site manager, moderators, the guys themselves? I was soooo looking forward to the guys getting some exposure again!

IP Logged

knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2005 at 10:17am

Ok, found this link and found out this started as a british tv show.  This page lists the artists and what they sang on the british show.

It also lists the line ups for the american version. It still lists the romantics for week #1, although the official site now has a blank sillouette in place of where the romantics pic used to be.

Only someone who works with the band can tell us what happened I guess.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2005 at 10:51pm

It is strange that the show is only a week away, yet no one from the band or close to the band has mentioned anything definite regarding the show.  The Romantics tend to avoid anything that makes them look like has-been's or a nostalgia act (Whatever happened to? on VH1 etc.) so it would surprise me if they did this show.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #14 - May 25th, 2005 at 12:44am

I doubt you will be seeing them on this show.  They have been removed from the poll and the picture has been taken down.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.