Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
what happened to all the posts? (Read 4088 times)
knownote
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

what happened to all the posts?
May 21st, 2005 at 10:25pm

Where'd they all go?

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: what happened to all the posts?
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:42am

And for the millionth time I suggest not using YaBB...

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2005 at 12:18pm

It looks like the board went down again.  I am sure we will get an update soon from those that know what happened and what the future holds for the board.  Ah you just have to love things sometimes.  Hopefully all will be patient while this is sorted out again.   8)

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:19pm

I have been in contact with webmistress.  She is going to install an upgraded version.
Not sure what happened.  I had to have a new username though.

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2005 at 9:26pm

"It's just like starting over."  John Lennon

Unfortunately, I don't know what to suggest.  I like the format of this message board because it is easy to navigate and to access any topic you want.  The only other message board I have been to is the Undertones', and their's is not user friendly.

In any event, let's put our frustration on hold and lend whatever support we can to Bookies, Gbaby,and Ms Pinky.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2005 at 6:03am

OH MY GOSH!!!  NOT AGAIN!  AHHHH!  I hope this upgraded version will do the trick.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2005 at 8:51am

They must have crashed it when they "restored all of the old posts" from the previous crash(es).  I'm sure that's what they were working on.  Yeah, that's it.   Lips Sealed

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2005 at 5:50pm

Well, the board looks different, so I guess this is the updated version.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that all goes well.

IP Logged

BrewCity4

Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2005 at 10:44pm

Maybe we angered "Susan Day" and (s)he hacked down the board!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2005 at 1:12am

GRRR.... what a pain!
This looks new.. but at what cost to our old members?! Sad

I think it is time we start looking for other message board services...

IP Logged

Learn 2 Laugh

Reply #10 - May 25th, 2005 at 3:42am

Hey Brewcity4:

The Susan Dey line was me.,  It was a joke.  Remember humor?!  Accusing me of hacking the site and crashing the message board indicates that you don't.

Apparently, you haven't been here for the countless other crashes (and subsequent loss of all previous posts) of this board.

I am willing to cut you plenty of slack for perhaps not being in tune with the site's unfortunate track record.

But, accusing me (or anyone else) of hacking is irresponsible and out of line.

As for the Susan Dey thing, again, it was a joke.  Apparently there are a LOT of people here who are so into The Romantics that they (apparently) forgot that they can like the band AND enjoy an occasional laugh as well.

That's sad, really.

(Oldfriend, you, in particular, surprised me with your rather vitriolic and visceral response.  It was a joke.  JUST a joke.)

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 25th, 2005 at 3:46am

I apparantly missed the whole Susan Dey thing.  I was gone over the weekend and when I came back all was gone.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - May 25th, 2005 at 8:50am

Well Learn, we are all very impressed with your vocabulary. My comments were hardly "bitterly scathing". You made another comment on another thread that was a sarcastic put-down of one of the band members that was completely uncalled for. My first thought was that you might be someone else who is a constant pain in the ass here, but then it was obvious that your use of the english language was too good to be her, so I felt that we did not need another pain to post here. As far as your "joke", you seem to be the only one that got it.

IP Logged

Lance Pearn

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2005 at 11:09am

Right on,Oldfriend. Learn 2 Laugh needs to become more of a " Model Citizen" don't you think?I say more Rich Cole Rock-n-Roll!

IP Logged

BrewCity4

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2005 at 8:21pm

As for me, I am so glad that you are "willing to cut me plenty of slack".  Otherwise, I am sure that my spirit would be crushed.

FYI, I was here for all of the previous crashes, and lost a total of probably about 800 of my own posts in the process.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.