Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Albums That Deserve Attention (Read 933 times)
oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

New Albums That Deserve Attention
Apr 11th, 2005 at 11:02pm

I thought that this would be a good place for the members here to share some info on some of the albums that they have picked up recently. I highly recommend the new album by Mae called "The Everglow". A pop triumph. Great melodies throughout and definitely one to listen to from start to finish. The best album I have heard since the last Finn Brothers album, which is another Neil finn (and Tim) masterpiece. (And don't forget about Tears For Fears "Everybody Loves A Happy Ending")

IP Logged

CozmoGirl
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: New Albums That Deserve Attention
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:01pm

Everyone should pick up a copy of Theory Of A Deadman's new cd "Gasoline".  They are really a great band. Cheesy

They are playing Edgefest at the Smirnoff Amphitheatre April 24.  Should be awesome, Billy Idol, Crossfade, Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, Sum 41...lots more bands.  Sold out show!  Grin

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:43am

Duran Duran - Astronaut.  I personally can't get enough of the CD.  It has been out for a few months but is still realatively new.

IP Logged

CozmoGirl
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:16pm

Pac-Man,  I have that cd, plus many other Duran Duran cd's.  They have never put out a bad one.  I have their Greatest DVD, the videos are still as great as they were when I was a teenager, long ago.  Going to pick up their Astronaut DVD.

I really wish that The Romantics would put out a DVD of their videos.  Maybe someday  Grin

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 9:55pm

cozmo......i would form a line before opening if the romantics put out a dvd......i would also buy a few extras.

pacman......im very curious now...im going to get out there and buy that duran duran.....i sure enjoyed the album with ordinary world...out standing......of course they have a great history and im glad they got back together and stayed together.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 11:15am

I am a huge Duran Duran fan but will put that bias aside.  Their new album is honestly one of the best they have done.  I can listen to it from beginning to end over and over and not get tired of it.  I don't think folks will be disappointed if they pick it up.

I also hope that someday we get a Romantics DVD.  Perhaps some live concert footage and the videos, we need to videos.   8)

IP Logged

CozmoGirl
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 7:55am

Pirate & Pac,

I actually have "Talking In Your Sleep", the video on my computer.
If you don't have it let me know and I will tell you how to get it.   Took me forever to find it.  Still, I would get in line with you guys to get a Romantics DVD.  It is long past due.  I would have to buy extras too, because I know I would wear my first copy completely out! Grin

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2005 at 9:13pm

The new double album by the Foo Fighters, "In Your Honor". The electric cd rocks as hard as any Foo Fighters album, and the softer acoustic flavored cd has some really great songs, a couple of which almost remind me of Crowded House or solo Neil Finn stuff. Pick it up if you like the Foo Fighters.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 8:56pm

Oldfriend, I had heard from someone else that the Foo Fighters' acoustic disk was brilliant.  I haven't heard it yet, but I'll have to find it.

Garbage-Bleed Like Me is my new favorite.  To me, it's the best Garbage since their debut cd.  Very melodic with lotsa power and crunch.  A little more grown up.  If you like Garbage, get this one.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 10:05pm

If you appreciate really great songwriting talent and catchy melodies, then just go get Michael Penn's new album, "Mr Hollywood Jr. 1947". Absolutely outstanding. I would suggest any of Michael Penn's albums to anyone who appreciates well crafted songs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.