Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Board is slow, summer shows etc. (Read 817 times)
Rob
Ex Member

Board is slow, summer shows etc.
Apr 7th, 2005 at 5:29am

It seems to be a slow time on the board right now... Does anyone know if the band plans to rev up their tour schedule over the summer?

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: Board is slow, summer shows etc.
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 5:21pm

news out of the romantics camp has been pretty scarce as of late.  i am working on getting some info though.
hopefully they will have several dates this summer!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2005 at 2:26am

yes.....that would be great if they kicked up some summer activities for us fans.......looking forward on some info on what there plans might be.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 12:34pm

Agreed.  Hoping to hear of some dates around the U.S. so all of us fans can see them this year.   8)

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 10:54pm

Every year there are bands like Bad Religion and MXPX that have been around for a while who play the Warped Tour. This year is no exception with Offspring being one of the headliners. I wonder what the Romantics would have to do to get on the Warped Tour. In my opinion they should fit right in with all of the different types of bands that do that tour. It would be great for the Romantics to get exposed to that audience. I remember a few years ago the Specials played Warped and they came out around the time of the Romantics. Just a thought.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 10:58pm

I seem to remember The Romantics tried something like this in the 90's.  They were in a show with several younger "harder" bands.  I think they were trying to catch some attention from record labels.  I recall that fans who saw the show said The Romantics played their stuff faster and harder in an attempt to fit in with the younger bands. Anyone recall this?
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005 at 9:32am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 11:54pm

Billy Idol is doing Warped Tour this year(well atleast parts of it - by looking at his dates, he doesn't seem to want to do the two week on, then one day off, then two more weeks deal that Warped does... those older people  Wink ).

Romantics sharing the stage with the Suicide Machines here in Detroit would be cool. Even if the Romantics arn't there this year, atleast the Suicide Machines will play "What I Like About You."

To tell you the truth, they would fit in at Warped - Floggin Molly gets the crowd going, and they arn't "punk".  Shows at Warped Tour are pretty "hardcore" though... I remember last year Good Charlotte showed up in Detroit last year and all these pre-teens and their parents were setting up lawn chairs and the the mosh pit engulfed them and they got very mad.  Even the soft punk of Good Charlotte saw mosh pitting and crowd surfing which caused the band to stop during almost every song because someone got hurt.  Everyone would know atleast one song!

Listening Web?  Smiley  I say drop a line to the Warped crew, alot of bands play just one or two days.

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 8:51am

Yes, Billy Idol is playing a few dates with the Warped Tour.  His tour schedule this year  is jam packed, including European dates, so that is probably why he and the band won't be doing the entire Warped Tour.  8)

Would love to see the Romantics play this summer somewhere not too far away from Detroit.  (not trying to be selfish!)  I lent my 61/49 cd to a coworker who thinks he burned a whole in it, he liked it so much!  And, if they do a local type of gig, it would be great once again for Rich AND Jimmy to join them!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:38am

imk...if i were able to catch them again i would sure hope to see jimmy appear as special guest....that would rock.

im hoping for a summer tour of some sort.......and thats a great idea old friend for them to grab a spot on the warp tour......i would think getting in contact with the promoter of the tour would be the way to go.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.