Send Topic Print
RIP Pope John Paul II (Read 471 times)
pinkbubelz
Ex Member

RIP Pope John Paul II
Apr 3rd, 2005 at 2:41am

Just heard the news that the pope has passed away.  Cry Cry Cry 

May his soul rest in peace.

The world has lost a truly remarkable man. The world was blessed to have "known" him and it will be hard for anyone to ever fill the void that he has left.

From what the news media has reported, he is one of the
few popes to ever cross the boundaries of age, culture and religion and one of the few popes that has tried to reach out to the children.  I vaguely remember when he was elected after the death of John Paul I.....

I was fortunate enough to see him when he visited Detroit at the Pontiac Silverdome and was greatly saddened to see the TV clip of him this past Easter--where he couldn't speak but offered a silent blessing up to the people.

May God bless him.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: RIP Pope John Paul II
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2005 at 6:45pm

very heartwarming to see such a glorious outpouring of love for this man of peace.  transcending religious borders and beliefs to recognize the loss of a "friend" of humanity. 

"Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought. "

~ Pope John Paul II

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2005 at 2:19am

rip john paul......your in gods hands and youve been blessed!!!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2005 at 10:52pm

I understand that they are in the process of choosing the new pope... This will be interesting!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.