Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saw a signed copy of STRICTLY PERSONAL today (Read 746 times)
Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Saw a signed copy of STRICTLY PERSONAL today
Mar 30th, 2005 at 11:47am

I visited Amoeba Records' store in Hollywood, California today and I saw a vinyl copy of STRICTLY PERSONAL that was signed by Jimmy Marinos.  It was addressed to "Virginia and Theresa", and the album in question was originally a promotional copy sent to DJs (not meant to be sold in stores).  It sells for $1.98 these days (with Jimmy's signature, it should be worth considerably more than that). 

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2005 at 1:44pm by Ken_Cheng »  

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: Saw a signed copy of STRICTLY PERSONAL today
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 5:15pm

you should have picked it up.   legit signatures or not, the album itself is worth $1.98!

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 4:20am

I was sorely tempted.  You can't argue with the price, and it's a genuine Romantics relic from their heyday (with Jimmy's signature to boot).  The only thing that stopped me from doing it was the long cashier line (didn't feel like standing in line for 20 minutes to buy a $1.98 album). 

If I'd bought it, however, I'd probably also have to spring for a working turntable somewhere.   Smiley

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 4:55am

Having a working turntable is a great investment.  For me, it's like turning on a time machine every time I use mine.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 12:34pm

Oh Ken you reallly should go back and wait the few minutes to grab the album.  I know I for one would have waited to grab such a priceless item (IMO).

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2005 at 9:14am

I've bought a number of (used) albums which I haven't even had the opportunity to listen to, due to a lack of a working turntable... But, since they add to my collection, I'll pick them up, regardless! Smiley

I agree-- go back and snatch it up before someone else realizes they might have something they can sell on Ebay for a profit!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.