RIP  Paul Hester (Read 715 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

RIP  Paul Hester
Mar 29th, 2005 at 2:16am

Crowded House Drummer Found Dead
Mar 28, 7:58 AM EST

The Associated Press

SYDNEY, Australia -- The drummer from 1980s Australian rock band Crowded House hanged himself in a park in southern Australia, an emergency services spokeswoman said Monday.

Paul Hester, 46, went missing on Friday. His body was found Saturday in a park near his home in the southern city of Melbourne, said Metropolitan Ambulance Service spokeswoman Liraje Memishi.

IP Logged

CozmoGirl
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: RIP  Paul Hester
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 10:23pm

Hard to feel grief for someone who had no love for himself.  It is simply a waste.  Ending his pain, and causing so much for those he left behind.  Those are the ones to feel grief for.  I know that sounds cold, but  having a friend who took his own life, I feel justified in saying this, it is the cowards way out.  No matter how bad you think you have it, someone else always has it worse. Sad

I hope I didn't offend anyone, sorry if I did, just my opinion.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 11:57pm

I do not agree that it is the cowards way out, I think it must be very painful for that person to want to kill themselves feeling there is nothing for them in this world, I feel the opposite, also having had someone kill themselves close to me, the pain from what I understand is unbearable. I think it is horrible to call someone a "coward" when you do not know what the person is going through, I feel that it is far from a coward for someone to do this,  The ultimate act of pain. Cozfan

IP Logged

CozmoGirl
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 3:14am

I do not doubt  that he was in pain, but so was my friend, and to keep yourself in that much pain and to not reach out for help, especially if you have people who love you around you is selfish.  I loved my friend dearly, but taking his own life was a selfish act.  He inflicted so much pain on his family and friends some almost did not recover.  We tried to help him over his pain, he never asked, we could all tell he was depressed, but I guess somehow  he felt that it would just be better to kill himself then have to deal with it any longer.  I miss him and think of him often, and the thought of his sweet face makes me smile.  Although we do not agree on the subject, I am sure that we can agree that we both love and miss our friends. Smiley

CozmoGirl

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 5:24pm

i think anyone that takes their own life does so not by choice necessarily.  for some, they lack the tools to cope or seek help.  society has attached such a stigma to mental health issues that it really isnt surprising that some folks see suicide as the only solution.
yes, Paul Hester had 2 children who will never get over their loss but for him, it must have been the ultimate act of desperation to end his pain.

i am with you cozfan on this one.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 8:33pm

I'm with CozmoGirl on this.  She stated it perfectly.

IP Logged

CozmoGirl
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 8:46pm

Bookies, I do agree with you that some people mentally may not be able to ask for or get help for themselves.  I believe if you have the strength to take your life, you also have the strength to save your life and try to make things better.  There is nothing weak about needing or asking for help, but you have to want to help yourself before anyone else can help you.  I will also agree that it is the ultimate act of desperation in some cases, but not all.  When someone takes their life they end their pain , and inflict so much on those they leave behind.  It is a no win situation for everyone and very sad.

CozmoGirl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.