Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Concerts you have been to this year (original) (Read 8431 times)
pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Re: Concerts you have been to this year
Reply #75 - Sep 23rd, 2005 at 9:44pm

I wonder if LMK has seen Billy Idol recently???

She must be busy-- haven't seen her around the board in a while!

IP Logged

solodka
Ex Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Reply #76 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 6:35am

Lots of FL concerts for Billy Idol!
Thu, Oct 27 Jacksonville, FL Florida Theatre

Fri, Oct 28 Fort Meyers, FL Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Center

Wed, Nov 2 Melbourne, FL King Center

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #77 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 5:57pm

sure wish there was an abundance of Romantics concerts to announce! Wink

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #78 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 10:24pm

Went last night to The Ark in Ann Arbor to see Michael Penn. What a fantastic talent this guy is. One of the best singer songwriters around. His new album "Mr Hollywood Jr" is a masterpeice in my opinion. The whole album is a story about the time period in the late 40s just after World War 2. What I still can't believe is that he played such a small venue and that it wasn't even sold out!. This is Michael Penn, a major league star and talent. He was just on the Leno show a couple of weeks ago promoting the new album. While the album has a full band, he performed at the Ark with just an acoustic guitar and a piano player. The songs still sounded great. I had never been to the Ark before and we got there early to try and get a good seat, thinking that the line would be around the block. The Ark is a small room with great sound. The stage is elevated only a couple of feet off the ground. We sat right next to the front of the stage, maybe 6 feet away from him. Does anyone here remember the song from his first album that got a lot of airplay called "No Myth"?. Mr. Hollywood Jr. is his 5th album and they have all been great, similar in my opinion to someone like Neil Finn. Michael Penn hung around after the show and answered questions and signed autographs. Very cool. I mentioned to him that I was shocked that it was not a sellout and like he told me, radio sucks and he just isn't getting much airplay so he wasn't surprised by the small crowd.  If anyone is a fan of great pop songs with terrific hooks and melodies, then go pick up Mr Hollywood Jr. right away. You won't be dissapointed.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 11:25pm

I have his first album with "No Myth".  It's a great album, but I haven't heard anything from him since.  Does his other stuff, especially the new one, sound similar to that first album?  If so, I'll have to check it out for sure.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #80 - Sep 28th, 2005 at 4:03am

Absolutley. If you like the first album, you will like the other 4, especially the new one. We have all five of his albums and they get regular play at my house.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.