Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Concerts you have been to this year (original) (Read 8409 times)
Rob
Ex Member

Re: Concerts you have been to this year
Reply #15 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 2:36am

Going to see U2 tonight!! Opening show of the tour, here in San Diego.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 8:54am

Rob, we will need the full report on that show!

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 2:41am

Incredible show!!  Great mix of old and new songs, including Electric Co, Ah cat dubh/Into the heart, and 40, which haven't been played live in years. Opened with City of Blinding Lights, and closed with 40. The only songs missing I would have liked to hear were With Or Without You, and Bad. But, they have almost 30 years worth of songs, so some are bound to get left out.   All in all, they are still on top of their game.  See a show if you can.      

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 11:50pm

Here's a pretty good review...

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=3893

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 10:20pm

brew....ill be picking up billys idols new cd this weekend......he is getting some air time on the radio station here......sounds good........yes steve smtih is unrated......been a fan of his since his electricfying sounds in rebel yell

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 11:31pm

Pirate, be sure to pick up Devil's Playground from Billy Idol.  It's a really interesting collection and several of the songs are new favorites of mine.

Steve Stevens is the lead guitarist and he is awesome once again on this new CD.   Smiley

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 3rd, 2005 at 9:17pm

Went to the 2nd U2 San Diego show on Wednesday night.  Even better than the first show! The set list included With Or Without You, and Gloria, wich were not played the first night. The new album is really carrying over live, and Edge's guitar playing is absolutely reaching "brilliant" status.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - Apr 5th, 2005 at 7:08pm

imk......i picked it up and it does sound good......scream gets alot of air time and im glad stevens put a side the atomic playboys which i believe they were called to stick with idol....the album rocks.....i havent been able to catch a billy concert but i hope soon that i can.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #23 - Apr 5th, 2005 at 7:11pm

rob....U2 has never slipped for a second.....thats what i like about them......consistant rockin in roll.....consider yourself very lucky to catch them not once but twice.....
i bet you had a great time.

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 8:39pm

Haven't seen him YET this year but am hoping.  Tomorrow morning, tickets go on sale for Bruce Springsteen solo at a small venue close to home.  I can only hope I can nail 2 tickets  Grin

Lori

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 3:21am

Well......Lori, did you nail (the) Springsteen (tickets)?

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 25th, 2005 at 11:38pm

I went to see the Psychedelic Furs last weekend, in a small (300 capacity) club.  Great show--I got my money's worth as soon as Richard Butler opened his mouth and that cool gravelly voice started to work its' magic.  We were about 10 feet from the stage, they played all of their cool songs, overall a great time.

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Apr 28th, 2005 at 8:45am

Saw Bruce in Detroit Monday night.  Sold out show, and very good.  I'm not a huge Bruce fan, but he was pretty incredible solo.

Seeing Billy Idol in Tucson and Cleveland the next two weeks and can't wait!

Brew, I saw the Furs a few years ago in  a small venue in Detroit.  They were great and Richard Butler is quite a showman.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 4:12am

I saw
Garbage
last night.  What a great band they are.  Excellent show!  Man, do they rock.

Butch Vig, the drummer, had his drums surrounded by a plexiglas box.  We were wondering, (any of you drummers out there)...was that just for looks, or does that do something to the sound?

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #29 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:48am

It probably makes it easier for the sound man to mix the drums without getting any "bleed" from the guitars.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.