Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Concerts you have been to this year (original) (Read 8423 times)
Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Concerts you have been to this year (original)
Mar 12th, 2005 at 1:06pm

What concerts have you been to this year so far?  I just saw Duran Duran the other night and all I can say is WOW!  They are great.  If anyone gets a chance and likes their style of music, it is worth going.   8)
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2005 at 9:12pm by bookies_original »  

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Concerts you have been to this year
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 3:21am

While it wasn't actually this year, a few months ago my family, some friends and I went to see Tears For Fears while they promote their "Everybody Loves A Happy Ending" album. I can't say enough about this show. For one thing, this album is SO good and in my opinion the best of their career. They did the whole album as well as the best of the other hits such as "Sowing The Seeds Of Love". The sound was mixed perfectly and their performance was flawless. I always knew that Roland was an excellent singer and musician, but I was really knocked out by Curt's bass playing as well as his vocals. It was all the more enjoyable because we were no farther than about 10 feet away from the State Theater stage. I have seen a lot of shows in my day, going back to my first which was the Dave Clark Five in 64, and this Tears For Fears show definitely ranks in my all time top ten.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 7:20am

Pac-Man, cool!  I'm going to see Duran Duran on Saturday with the wife (the tix were a Valentine's day present from me).  Got any cool highlights from the show you can tell me?

As for other shows, I'm planning to see Garbage and the Psychedelic Furs in the next month or so if I can make the shows.  Has anyone seen either of them recently?

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2005 at 12:10pm

If you visit their website (duranduran.com) you can find the set list.  So far it has been the same for all of their shows so you can view any set list for any show.  Simply put they are great entertainers and sound great live.  They have a video screen behind them which they use for most of the songs.  Just wait until you hear Careless Memories.  The video they have running on the screen is absolutely hilarious.  So much that I hope they make it available at some point.  They also have a gal singing with them and a guy playing the sax (forgot their names).  They both sounded great as well when added to the songs they were needed for.  In my opinion the only thing that would have made the concert better for myself would to have been able to meet them in person.  They have some shirts and other merchandise available although the selection isn't to large.  Shirts were around $35 each and the hat was $30.  The tour book was $65 and the soccer shirt was $100.  They did have a few cheaper items as well.  You will definately enjoy it.  I wish I was able to see them again.  I don't know if you will get the same opening act (I Am Robot) but they stunk it up.  Duran Duran performed for about 2 1/2 hours, well worth the $$.  Now if The Romantics get back out my way this year will even be even better  8)

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2005 at 9:20pm

Thanks for the rundown Pac-Man.  So far, no opening act has been announced--maybe they won't have one.  I checked out the set list...it looks pretty dynamite!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2005 at 7:50pm

brew.....have a great time.....ive never was able to catch duran duran.....i would imagine it will be a great show...enjoy and have a brew!!!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 8:49pm

So far, the only concert I've been to this year (2005) is the New Year's Eve event with the Romantics! (and technically, I heard them "last"year because they played before Midnight! Smiley

IP Logged

CozmoGirl
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2005 at 9:07am

For my anniversary I went and saw Keith Urban.  Awesome concert.  He can really play guitar. Cheesy

Hoping to see Motley Crue, but the tickets prices are sick.  Just have to see what happens. Smiley

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2005 at 4:57pm

like Iris, the only concert I have been to recently is the Romantics!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2005 at 7:26pm

iris and bookies...you saw the romantics in back to back days.......and in a small time spanned you saw them in 2004 and 2005.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2005 at 7:38pm

I was with Iris and bookies at the NYE Romantics show!

Will be going to see Billy Idol in May in Cleveland, and hopefully also in Tucson.   8)

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #11 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 3:15am

Saw Billy Idol a few years ago in Denver.  Great performer.  Steve Stevens has to be one of the most under-rated gutar players out there.  I don't know if you have picked up Billy's new CD yet or not.  He definately showed his diversity on the new CD.  It is almost as if he is doing little tributes to various artists old and new (IMO) as well as having some signature Billy songs.  Anywho you will enjoy the concert.   8)

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 5:38am

The Academy Is
Hidden In Plain View
Straylight Run
Something Corporate
Bottom Line
The Start
Goldfinger

Something Corporate was great, but Goldfinger let me come up on stage and sing, so they win the favorite concert so far award.

I plan on seeing:
New Found Glory
Reggie and the Full Effect
Jimmy Eat World
Taking Back Sunday
The Format
Weezer
Velvet Revolver
Hoobastank
Simple Plan
Good Charlotte
STYX
Bryan Adams
Santana
Los Lonely Boys

This year looks like to be a great year for concerts just from the few announcements already... and I hear Jeff Beck and Robert Plant are doing something together!

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 5:47am

Hey Pac Man...of course I bought Billy's new CD as soon as it hit the shelves!  I'm a diehard fan of his, and have been to many IDOL shows since the 80s.  If you go to billyidol.com and look under the Fans link, scroll down and look for Lynn Knapp.  There are a ton of pics of me there, as I have been in the front row several times!

Billy always gives 110% at his gigs, as does Steve Stevens.  The new band is very tight, and the bass player is a good guy.  The Idol shows are totally different than the Romantics shows!  Both are great for me, and I'd LOVE to see the Romantics again this year.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2005 at 9:45am

I browsed the fan photos and found your photos.  Nice win for the fan prize contest.  I know we are hoping to catch him again if he comes out our way.  And of course we are hoping The Romantics make it out our way as well.  We haven't been able to see them since August 2002.   8)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.