Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Another Romantics album in the foreseeable future? (Read 1532 times)
Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Another Romantics album in the foreseeable future?
Feb 26th, 2005 at 3:13am

61/49 has proven that the Romantics are not musically dead.  As a matter of fact, they're probably better than ever.  61/49 has certainly proven itself an artistic and critical success, so can we expect more new Romantics albums in the years to come?  61/49 suggests that the power pop band of the early 1980s can have a second career as one of the great unsung underground rock 'n roll bands of the new millenium.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Another Romantics album in the foreseeable fut
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 10:08pm

Yes we can.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 12:05am

as old friend says......yes we can......its just a matter of being patient.....as we all look forward to that day and stopping by the site we will kept up to date on the status.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 12:29pm

Quote:
as old friend says......yes we can......its just a matter of being patient.....as we all look forward to that day and stopping by the site we will kept up to date on the status.

No problem with being patient, but I sure hope the guys won't make us wait eighteen years for the next album this time.   Smiley

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 8:24pm

Oldfriend could probably confirm this, but about four years ago Wally showed me a demo of 61/49 when it was still tentatively titled "Standing in the Shadow of Hastings Street" (an ode to the old Detroit blues district and an explanation for the "shadow" cover design), and it contained about 18 songs, including another Mike song (I think it was called "Ain't Gonna Make It"), plus some of the others we saw teased on the website while we waited for 61/49. Point being, I know they have another 8 or 10 songs in the can, not to mention all the stockpiled songs from past years -- so Oldfriend no doubt knows of what he speaks when he says we can count on it. I myself still would like to hear a recording of "Tell Me I'm the One." That's one of the great lost Romantics rockers, in my opinion. (I also miss "She Knows How to Rock" and a few others ...)

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 10:18pm

And, how about Leave Your Nightlight On, Hot And Bothered, and Cadillac?

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 3:40am

Yeah, can't forget those. I would love to hear a recorded version of "Cadillac." I love when they play that. Not to mention "What'd I Say" ...

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 6:58am

I love LEAVE YOUR NIGHTLIGHT ON.  I'd really like to see that turn up on an album.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 12:48pm

I love it when they play "I'm Your Man" (is that the name of the song?  It's so much fun! Smiley

I also wish they would showcase some of the other songs from 61/49 when they play in concert... (Still We Remain, Paint the Sky)...because they DO depart from their usual sound!

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 8:28pm

"I'm Your Man" is another Pretty Things cover and is actually titled "Come See Me (I'm Your Man)." It's on the same Pretty Things album as "Midnight to Six Man." The album is titled Get the Picture?, and it's worth the price in any event ...
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2005 at 12:48am by Kevin1 »  

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 11:57am

I'm definitely going to have to pick up that CD! Thanks for the tip, Kevin!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 12:27am

I have been bugging Wally to re-record a few of the tunes from "Meet The Romantics" for official release on a new album Such as "Stick Around" "You Really Got A Hold Of My Heart", and Mike's "No Responsibilities". Maybe if they release an anthology collection someday tunes like their cover versions of "I Can Only Give You Everything" and the Dave Clark Five's "Try Too Hard" will be made available to the public. If you are a Romantics fan, there is a virtual goldmine of unreleased material.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #12 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 6:48am

without giving away too much here, you can count on the boys coming out with a new cd! Wink

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 8:30am

Very kool!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 8:32pm

I would love to hear new versions of a coupla songs from Strictly Personal, produced like the songs on 61/49.  Is there a chance that Rich would join the band in the studio?  His vocals add a lot to the mix.

For that matter, how about new 21st Century Romantics versions of some of the great songs on the 1st album?   Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.