Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dirtbombs/Romantics single cancelled (Read 591 times)
Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Dirtbombs/Romantics single cancelled
Feb 25th, 2005 at 12:38am

Hey everyone, I e-mailed In the Red Records regarding the fate of the planned Dirtbombs/Romantics split single; I told him we had seen a vinyl version on eBay. Here's the response I got:

"hello,
the single you saw on ebay is on a label called kapow. the version of  "mystified" on this single is a dub version. the regular version was intended for release on the split with the romantics. i cancelled this single as an ITR release, despite paying for the recording sessions,
when i heard the dirtbombs reggae  version of "mystified". it's my own personal taste, but i don't like reggae and i really didn't dig the version the dirtbombs did. the romantics cover of the dirtbombs "i can't stop thinking about it" is really good, however. i also thought
it would be bad for the dirtbombs to release a single where they are blown away by the romantics. anyway, that's the story.
-larry"

Interesting, huh? We may have to ask the band if we'll ever get to hear that recording.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Re: Dirtbombs/Romantics single cancelled
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 8:02am

Well, I guess now I'm not so disappointed about not having won that ebay auction! Smiley

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 11:41am

Quote:
i also thought
it would be bad for the dirtbombs to release a single where they are blown away by the romantics. anyway, that's the story.-larry"

There's no particular shame in getting outrocked by the Romantics; there aren't many bands on Earth that can match the Romantics for sheer rock 'n roll energy.  Smiley

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 9:22pm

Update: I asked the guy if the Romantics' recording would ever see the light of day. He said he paid for the recording and would be more than happy to give the master to another label -- in exchange for reimbursement of the money he spent on the recording. Would Web be interested in doing this? Probably a question worth asking ...

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 11:46pm

Gosh, that would be great!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.