Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Romantics songs that should have been hits (Read 6329 times)
Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Romantics songs that should have been hits
Feb 23rd, 2005 at 3:41am

Everybody knows "What I Like About You" and "Talking In Your Sleep", but listening through the Romantics' catalogue, they seemed to have a ton of great songs that could have been big radio hits (or singles), but weren't:

"When I Look In Your Eyes":  this has been a staple of the Romantics' act since before the beginning of their recording career, and it's a great song.  It should have been a hit.

"Shake A Tail Feather":  a cover of an old rock 'n roll/R&B song from the early 1960s.  The Romantics' version had "hit" written all over it...and people *did* get hits with recycled 1960s oldies back in the 1980s.

"One In A Million":  this one did make the Top 40, but just barely, and I don't remember it being on the radio in the 80s at all (I was about 11 years old when this song was first released).  Listening to it today, I've got to wonder why "One In A Million" wasn't charting higher than, say, Huey Lewis and the News'  "If This Is It" or Men At Work's "Who Can It Be Now?" from approximately the same era. 

As far as being hitmakers is concerned, the Romantics were one of the most underappreciated bands of the 1980s.  Casual listeners who haven't tried the catalogue beyond "What I Like About You" and "Talking In Your Sleep" have no idea what they've missed.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Re: Romantics songs that should have been hits
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 4:00am

Rock You Up,  and just about anything off the first album could have been hits.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 9:55am

One in a Million did play on Radio Stations in the 80s.   Smiley

I still love "A Night Like This"....

Listening to Oldfriends "Meet the Romantics" you can definitely hear a lot of energy and excitement in their early versions of their songs... Smiley  It's really too bad that they didn't get the radio play that others in the 80s got....

Personally, I liked their older albums better... My least favorite probably is Rhythm Romance-- I think they got really watered down at that point...

Ken, if you don't already have 61/49, then you definitely need to get it. The songs are much more "mature" and complex and I love the direction they are taking now... Smiley  It feels like they've gone back to some of their early sound to me... Smiley

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 3:03pm

I bought 61/49 last year following the renewal of my interest in the Romantics' music.  I was not even a teenager when the Romantics were in their early 80s commercial prime, so like most other people, I only knew their two big hits.  Being a longtime Beatles fan, however, I recognized the sonic kinship between the early Beatles and the Romantics (even through the heavy 80s production on the IN HEAT songs, one could hear the Beatles influence).  I read up on the Romantics and bought as many of their older records as I could find, and I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that the Beatles' kinship I detected within the Romantics was *not* a fluke.

I was surprised by the appearance of a *new* Romantics album in the record bins.  Wary of comeback efforts by 80s bands long not heard from, I decided to read some reviews of 61/49 before spending my cash for it.  I was surprised by the nearly universal good reviews the record received.  That convinced me to buy the album.  I was not disappointed.   On 61/49, the Romantics demonstrated how they were a much deeper and musically capable band than they're often given credit for.  The Romantics are the true heirs of the early British Invasion, and have captured the sound and spirit of the early Beatles, Rolling Stones, Kinks, and Who better than any other band I've heard in the past 25 years.  61/49 also revealed a new dimension to the Romantics that I hadn't heard before, and that I bet casual fans of the band haven't even imagined the Romantics were capable of:  they guys are bluesmen as well as rock 'n rollers.  Muddy Waters would've been proud of 61/49, which ranks up there with the Stones' EXILE ON MAIN STREET as one of the best examples of dark, bluesy rock 'n roll.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2005 at 1:08am by Ken_Cheng »  

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 5:49pm

no mention of Tell It To Carrie?  I think that could/should have been a hit.

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 11:53pm

Quote:
no mention of Tell It To Carrie?  I think that could/should have been a hit.

That was another good one in a retro-1960s mode, kind of like Blondie's "In The Flesh".   "Tell It To Carrie" was mellower-sounding than most of the Romantics' output at the time; it sounded very much like a Hollies record.

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 1:57am

I agree with just about all of those "shoulda been" hits. I can only blame Nemperor for not making "A Night Like This" a hit. Am I right that "Forever Yours" was the first single off that album? Good grief. Why wasn't "Night" one of the videos? Ditto Rob on "Rock You Up." Should have been the second single, followed by "Got Me Where You Want Me." I love "One in a Million," but those other two songs capture the essence of the Romantics much better. And I've always been partial to "Keep in Touch" as well. Also, for a cover-tune hit, I would choose "She's Got Everything" over "Tail Feather" (although I love them both). Even "Open Up Your Door" is a great recording ... Seems like Nemperor had a knack for choosing the wrong lead single, though. I know "Eyes" was a single -- did it get released before or after "What I Like"? Then came "Forever." Not sure about Strictly Personal, although I know "She's Hot" was one of the singles. And the choice of "Test of Time" was just atrocious. (I know Rob agrees with this one.) Not that there is much to choose from on that album, but the title track would have been my choice for sheer commercial sheen. Anyone else? What should have been the first single from RR?

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 3:45am

Kevin, I absolutely agree with you that Nemporer was to blame for some very bad choices in releasing singles. Forever Yours was a poor choice off National Breakout because it just sounded too different than the first album, and lacked the energy of the first album.  A Night Like This probably would have had to have been reworked to be a single.  I have always been partial to Take Me Out Of The Rain. I think it's the song that most captured the  sound of the first album, and I just think it's a great little pop song. Poor Little Rich Girl was another possibility. As far as Strictly Personal, I believe No One Like You was released as a single.  It was a good song, but again strayed way too far from the Romantics sound.  It was more of a "lite metal" ballad.  I think Dont You Put Me On Hold or Come On Girl (work out with me) would have been better choices.   For the In heat album, you can't disagree with Talkin and One In a Million because they both became hits.  I do think though that Rock You Up should have been a third single to showcase the harder edged Romantics stuff. I also always thought Love Me To The Max had single potential.  Ok, the Rhythm Romance album. Kevin, the word "atrocious" sums up the choice of Test Of Time as the first single.  I think that just killed the album. Too wimpy. Maybe Make It Last, the title track, or lets Get Started would have worked.  Mystified wasn't a bad single, but by that time the album was dead with no momentum.

IP Logged

KristineAOrlando
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 7:50am

Hey hey hey now! Kevin, I just have to disagree with you about the Rhythm Romance album. I have revisited it recently and I think Mystified was a very worthy song and the rest of the album, while a little bit of a deviation from the true Romantics' sound, was quite likable. In Heat is also a favorite of mine, with Do Me Anyway You Wanna, OIAM, TIYS and Tail Feather.

Of course, I will ALWAYS be partial to A Night Like This.

IP Logged

Lori

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 9:01am

Mystified was a great song, in my estimation, but "On A Night Like This" definately shoulda been a hit!  What a fabulous song....................

Lori

IP Logged

Timster2
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 9:18am

I always felt "Girl Next Door" from the first album would've made a good single.  I have to agree with Rob about "Take Me Out of the Rain" from National Breakout.  It's probably my favorite track from that album.  It does sound like something that could've been left over from the first album- much like "I Can't Tell You Anything". 

From Strictly Personal I'd offer up "Can't Get Over You" -it would've been nice for a song with Rich singing lead to have been released as a single.   I don't think much promotion was done for "She's Hot".

I could've sworn that "Rock You Up" was released as a third single from In Heat, but it just didn't chart.  I thought that I saw a 45 with a picture sleeve in an oldies store a few years ago. "Tail Feather" would've been a great dance single.    I know that it was included on a "pre-packaged" cartridge tape that played throughout the day in the Limited store where I worked, so someone in the industry recognized its appeal.

As for Rhythmn Romance, "Let's Get Started" was probably the strongest track from the album.  "Test of Time" was/is still a turd.  The title track should've been the lead single, but what's done is done.

You got me bothered, You got me hot, I'm Hot & Bothered - I want what you got!

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 10:32am

I think Rock You Up was a single - it was played on the radio a lot in my neck of the woods!

Lori

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 9:42pm

"Rock You Up" was released to rock radio (it was played constantly here in Louisville), but wasn't released as a commercial single -- as in, you couldn't go into a store and purchase it as a 45. It did show up on a four-song sampler from In Heat, but other than that the only way to get it was on the album. Interesting that I see many folks choosing "Let's Get Started" as a single candidate from RR. I like that song, too, and it bore the most resemblance to the Rock You Up/What I Like sound. I have an article from an Indianapolis newspaper circa 1987 that bears the headline, "Band accustomed to bad breaks" (boy was THAT a harbinger). In the article, Wally mentions that "Started" probably would have been the best choice for the first single, but that the record company chose "Test of Time" instead. Which in part led to the failure of RR, and you all know the rest of the story.

I'm also interested to hear that so many folks like "Take Me Out of the Rain." I've always been partial to that song as well, although I don't hear it being a radio single. To me, that's one of those eternal album gems, the earworm that won't let go but which just didn't really sound produced for radio. I love the bridge in that song. Wally's vocal is so passionate; almost sounds like he's about to cry ...

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 11:38pm

Devil In Me 
61/49 
Midnight To Six Man 
When Will It End 
Out Of My Mind (Into My Head) 
When The Angels (Hear Me Callin') 
New Kinda Pain 
I Need You 
Paint The Sky 
Still We Remain 

Wink  Smiley

Its rare I'll listen to a CD non-stop day after day. Along with American Idiot, 61/49 is a CD that rarely ever leaves my player.

Older stuff: Rock You Up is an AWESOME song and When I Look In Your Eyes which is just as fun as What I Like About You in my opinion.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2005 at 8:37pm

'Lets get Started"
Love it up"
anything and everything off "In heat"
'Open up your door"
"Got me where you want me"
"Shake a tail feather" Live
Anything Live
In heat is by far the best album.

Cozfan

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2005 at 11:50pm

I agree, "Got Me Where You Want Me" is a total classic.  I used to deejay at a small club in the early-mid '80's, and that song always packed the dance floor.  That song shoulda been a hit.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 12:00am

theres a number of songs from in heat that in my opinion should have been more reconized......rock you up.....u got me.......shake a tail feather........and the 61/49......had a load of songs that should be rockin the us of a........they have a strong soild history and i hope they get the attetnion they deserve in the up in coming years.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 12:21am

As I have said before, in my humble opinion, 61/49 is by far the best album they have ever done and is the first album to really capture the essence of what the Romantics sound really is. The british invasion/garage influence, which is the music that Wally always loved, really shines through on this album which is solid from start to finish without even one filler tune. Just about anything on this album could have and should have been a hit single.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 3:34am

Sadly, it's mostly a marketing thing these days... But I am glad that The Romantics at least got some recognition for this CD!

BTW-- What I Like About You is hopefully generating a lot of money for them right now!  

I swear I hear it at least 3 times a day on TV or the radio...

When the "Finding Nemo" ice show was in town, they used a version of WILAY in their ads (and probably showed that ad a gazillion times during the children's prime time hours....

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 7:53pm

iris......i need to play there cd to hear there music.....calif or colorado doesnt give them airplay......enjoy your airwaves!!!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 11:02pm

Pirate-- not even on the "Retro" stations?  That is really too bad! Sad  Have you tried seeing if there are any "80s music" or "retro music" stations online?

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2005 at 3:42pm

"What I like about You" is everywhere.
The Romantics were in a court battle, including Jimmy (when Jimmy wasnt with them) over the rights to that song, it was sold unlawfully by there management, remember all those bud commercials? (budweiser)
They won the rights back to the song that was theirs in the first place, got all there back royalties. years of royalties, millions.,Then sold it  the rights again  for good.  That is where the bulk of there money came from and now they will be able to live very nice lives after this was settled.
It was years. Some of the guys werent even able to buy a house then, that is all changed now, it was years of court. Love, cozfan

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2005 at 9:46pm

And your point is? By the way, no one sold the rights to "What I Like about You".  That is why they still get royalty checks to this day for that song.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 6th, 2005 at 2:48am

Oldfriend-- that makes good sense to me-- why would they sell the rights to a song that to this day is making them money?!  Not a day goes by that I don't hear WILAY being played somewhere, whether it's on a retro station, in the grocery stores, on a commercial and even in a massacred cover version via an "American Idol" Barbie doll!   

I think it has to be one of the most recognizable Romantics tunes of all time... Smiley (I'll bet that to many young people, it's more recognizable than some Beatles songs!)

IP Logged

jonnie2224
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:46am

One of my favorite Romantics songs off "In Heat" is.............. "I'm Hip".

IP Logged

jonnie2224
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #25 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:48am

oh by the way....."Wally Rules"

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 9:45am

Quote:
And your point is? By the way, no one sold the rights to "What I Like about You".  That is why they still get royalty checks to this day for that song.

Old friend you have yet again, showed you do not know what you are talking about, you always have something to say to my posts ,it is amusing.
On this subject however you are TOTALLY wrong and do not know what you are talking about.  I was there! (post i wasn't) I WAS.
Why do you always feel you have to have some kind of reply to my posts? They are for the fans, not you.
                                                Stick to Rich. Cozfan

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 11:02pm

I respond to your posts and any post that states wrong information, and as usual, you are wrong. "I was there". You were where? The fact is that the Romantics never sold the rights to "What I Like About You " to anyone. Even Rich to this day gets royalty checks for that song. You were there. ???????? Thats right. You are always there and hanging out with the Romantics. Then you wake up.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 6:52am

:) Again, stick to Rich, I was there . Why does it bother you so much? Who cares? Your information is wrong.
Sometimes it is right or half right, but this time you are Wrong,   
Cozfan
(by the way you werent there, so how do you know?) I WAS. You honestly do not know anything on this subject, but okay you do right? lol

And by the way that is why The Romantics have let this song be dubbed over 2000 times , because they want the royalties, not because it was sold BEHIND their backs? Wake up. It was sold way before they new anything about it. That is why it is all over the place. that is why they were in court so long.
You claim to be intelligent, and 'know' everything but you dont. Sorry  And yes I admit I know nothing about Rich personally. I met him once. I believe he is a plumber now but I am not sure, Ill leave that to you. But on this subject you do not have a clue.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 7:08am

Quote:
I respond to your posts and any post that states wrong information, and as usual, you are wrong. "I was there". You were where? The fact is that the Romantics never sold the rights to "What I Like About You " to anyone. Even Rich to this day gets royalty checks for that song. You were there. ???????? Thats right. You are always there and hanging out with the Romantics. Then you wake up.

And by the way. They didnt sell it . They were fighting with THEIR MANAGERS AT THE TIME, WHO CLAIMED THEY OWNED IT AND SOLD IT! please just be quiet already.
'And then I wake up hoping and wishing I had a chance to meet the romantics ', lol.  You haven't a clue. Cant wait to meet you, you want to 'hang' out with the guys?
lol  Cozfan.  Hey, go try for more free posties! You hang around here alot, your cool, and hip.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #30 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 11:39am

Your own posts contradict each other. First of all, you don't "sell" the song or the rights for use in commercilas, movies, or whatever. You license out the song for use in commercials or movies but still retain ownership of the song. You don't "sell" it. Their managers never "sold" the song. The legal battle between the Romantics  and Arnie and Joel is old news. BuT of course, you were there! You sat in on the negotiations when the song was licensed out. Do you see how delusional you are? Silly question. No you don't. Almost everyone here has seen you attack people in the past on another board when you used the name "Blondio". You attacked anyone who really knows the band. We know that in your little dream world, you are a personal friend, manager, publicist, archivist, and God knows what else for the Romantics. But this is typical of someone who escapes from psychos are us. I knew the peace could not last forever.  Geesh! Your absence was nice while it lasted. Why don't you try going to another band's message board and try to hand them the same BS that you dish out here, because no one here is buying it.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 11:56am

AMEN to that, Oldfriend!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 5:38pm

just one question for both of you:

in the grand scheme of life, how important is this really?

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 9:10pm

Quote:

I agree, it obviously is someone's life, I am not in blondie by the way, just concentrate on your familys band, so you dont  embarrass yourself. No need to reply, you do not know what  you are talking about, AGAIN. Cozfan
Who is Rob?

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #34 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 10:32pm

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste". Bookies comment was directed at you, airhead, but you don't even see that. You are right Bookies. This mental midget's fantasies are not even worth acknowledging.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 12:30pm

Quote:
"A mind is a terrible thing to waste". Bookies comment was directed at you, airhead, but you don't even see that. You are right Bookies. This mental midget's fantasies are not even worth acknowledging.

Yes, Im sure of it, reread it. You are relentless, it is kind of amusing. Im sure you get something out of this, what it is , I dont know, or care. But I hope it makes you happy, you really make me laugh. Cozfan

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 12:34pm

Quote:

Yes, dear old friend you are the one that needs to read and comprehend. It is just meant for me? lol  Cozfan

And the answer is, it is not important in the scheme of life, she is right on, I agree. Just let it be. Enough.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #37 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 10:01pm

Did they have grammar schools where you grew up? By the way, I WILL continue to correct the constant misinformation that you post here, including your delusional fantasies. Again, why don't you try going to another band's message board and try to convince those people that you know the band, have all of their unreleased recordings, and sat in on all of their contract negotiations. See how long it takes before they label you what we here know you are, which is a psycho living in a dream world. Bookies was right. Rob and I should agree that your ramblings are not worth one more minute of our time. Back to the topic. "Take Me Out Of The Rain" is not only a song that I would like to see them add to the live set list, but that could have been a hit single in my opinion. That tune has a very radio friendly  melody.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:31pm

Quote:
Did they have grammar schools where you grew up? By the way, I WILL continue to correct the constant misinformation that you post here, including your delusional fantasies. Again, why don't you try going to another band's message board and try to convince those people that you know the band, have all of their unreleased recordings, and sat in on all of their contract negotiations. See how long it takes before they label you what we here know you are, which is a psycho living in a dream world. Bookies was right. Rob and I should agree that your ramblings are not worth one more minute of our time. Back to the topic. "Take Me Out Of The Rain" is not only a song that I would like to see them add to the live set list, but that could have been a hit single in my opinion. That tune has a very radio friendly  melody.

You are crazy man! Read what you write and speak for yourself , not others. Cozfan

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #39 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:50pm

As John Lennon once said:" Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see". The same song also states more than once that "nothing is real". Sound familiar?

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 2:02am

It sounds to me that you are very jealous, and you claim not to care.  You have and are making a fool of yourself.
I cant wait to meet you though! You then can tell me how dellusional I am, Hey can I video tape it? lol 
You really have no idea what you are talking about yet you ramble on and on and bring other peoples names into your posts because you can not stand on your own two feet. Sad really.
Im sure when we meet you will understand how infantile you have been, and how wrong you are as usual. That you say Im delusional about knowing people in a band is pathetic.  I would surely spend all day on here like you and try to convince people of it, I think I would make up a better delusion.    Cozfan

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #41 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 2:57am

Like Rob (and Bookies), I also agree with Oldfriend on this one. I did so from the first ridiculous post about WILAY being "sold." You don't "sell" a song; publishing doesn't work that way. There are a variety of ways in which a song can be licensed, and for different purposes by different license holders. Here's a pretty good article about the basics:

http://www.legaljungleguide.com/resourc/musician/articles/songwriting.htm

The point is,  Cozfan, you don't "sell" a song wholesale. It just doesn't happen that way, which is what Oldfriend was trying to point out. Apart from your absolutely putrid grammar, you render your argument flaccid simply by not being able to understand this fairly basic concept  from the beginning.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:23am

Quote:
Like Rob (and Bookies), I also agree with Oldfriend on this one. I did so from the first ridiculous post about WILAY being "sold." You don't "sell" a song; publishing doesn't work that way. There are a variety of ways in which a song can be licensed, and for different purposes by different license holders. Here's a pretty good article about the basics:

http://www.legaljungleguide.com/resourc/musician/articles/songwriting.htm

The point is,  Cozfan, you don't "sell" a song wholesale. It just doesn't happen that way, which is what Oldfriend was trying to point out. Apart from your absolutely putrid grammar, you render your argument flaccid simply by not being able to understand this fairly basic concept  from the beginning.

Yes Kevin, the rights to a song can be sold, but do you actually think I care about your ramblings ? Just from your post, the back up man to OLDFRIEND, shows you also do not know what you are talking about, When either of you find out what really happened then post. You look almost as ridiculous as old friend.
I have a question. How do you know ? How do you know or Old friend what was done with that song? You do not. I was there during that whole period, you both were not. You do not know. Please do not talk about my grammar being putrid , reread your posts then judge mine, It is funny how both of you can say something , not look at yourselfs, It is hysterical.
Keep posting,maybe you will reach your dream of 1000 posts.
  Just in case you have not figured it out, I couldn't care less about you or oldfriend and your ramblings. You have no facts and just go on rambling.
By the way thanks Kevin for straightening me out on the subject of 'the sale of songs" Have you sold any lately?  Did either of you help Paul Mcartney with his problems with songs being sold, Maybe you could of helped him! lol Im sure you could of.

IP Logged

Pointless

Reply #43 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:35am

Yes, you can "sell a song."  Jackson owns publishing writes to the Beatles stuff.

Give it up people! Music is suppose to be fun, whats the point if someone knows or doesn't know? So what if someone has something wrong, does it matter that much to you?

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:56am

Just for the record, Michael Jackson owns the publishing rights to the Beatles catalogue because he outbid McCartney. In the case of the Romantics, "What I Like About You" was never "sold" to anybody. There is more to this whole debate than you know. This wanna-be friend of the Romantics called cozfan used to attack other people on another message board when she used the name "Blondio". Anyone who really knew the band was a target of this psycho, in particular a lady named Linda Foster who actually did know the band. Cozfan, in order to make herself feel important, constantly makes outrageous claims about knowing the band, being there ("I was there") when Romantics business meetings were held, having an archive of all of the Romantics unreleased music, etc, etc, etc. I have and will continue to correct all of her lies, false information, and delusional fantasies concerning the Romantics. Stick around this board for a while. You will see what I mean about this person living in her own little dream world.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:05am

Quote:
Yes, you can "sell a song."  Jackson owns publishing writes to the Beatles stuff.

Give it up people! Music is suppose to be fun, whats the point if someone knows or doesn't know? So what if someone has something wrong, does it matter that much to you?

I agree pointless, there is no point, I also commend you for stating it on the board, I get many emails in private about how ridiculous oldfriend is.( I guess they are scared to hurt his feelings? I dont know)
Oldfriend will go on and on. I do not know blondie, I have seen them in concert, along with Clem Burke.
I am not the one that has the Delusional problem, it seems to me you are totally obsessed with someone that I am not.
You are Pointless, Why do you care so much?
You really are making me feel sorry for you, to think you have kids! And you are arguing about things you know nothing about, accusing me of being blondie, and to boot telling me I wasnt  there!
Do you honestly have any friends except on this board?
Do you ever work?
Can you please bother someone else, you are giving me a headache. I really feel sorry for you.
Man to Man get some help.

By the way, for you to be telling me who I know or not you are crazy. It doesnt matter anyway. You do not know ANYONE personally in the band. Why are you talking out your a..? I give you , you might know Rich but as for the others, you dont know squat. Before you post and of course you will, please know what you are talking about and who you are talking to. One day you may be surprised Smiley

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 9:40pm

Board moderators.  Please step in and ban this Cozfan.  We are all tired of her act.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 9:44pm

Quote:
Board moderators.  Please step in and ban this Cozfan.  We are all tired of her act.

Yes, they should ban me,  As oldfriend is the one who constantly attacks anything I say. Rob , who are you?
By the way this is America. Cozfan

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #48 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 9:53pm

I think I hear Rod Serling's voice in the background.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #49 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 10:02pm

By the way, for you to get private e-mails about me from other people here, that would mean that you had friends here. I rest my case.

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #50 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 10:03pm

Now THAT was funny, Oldfriend.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #51 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 12:16am

Hey "Boris"...
Why don't you post on the board anymore?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #52 - May 15th, 2005 at 11:52am

Obviously "What I Like About You" was a big enough hit and popular enough that people still want to use it in movies. Went to the show tonight and in the previews was a new movie that looked pretty funny called "Wedding Crashers". In the soundtrack was What I Like About You. Should be some extra royalties for the boys. Cool.

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #53 - May 16th, 2005 at 4:25pm

"What I Like About You" hasn't lost its legs, but what's a bit irritating is that most people don't remember who originally wrote/recorded it.  Everybody remembers the Romantics' hits, but most people don't seem to remember the band itself.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.