Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Romantics songs that should have been hits (Read 6362 times)
oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Romantics songs that should have been hits
Reply #30 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 11:39am

Your own posts contradict each other. First of all, you don't "sell" the song or the rights for use in commercilas, movies, or whatever. You license out the song for use in commercials or movies but still retain ownership of the song. You don't "sell" it. Their managers never "sold" the song. The legal battle between the Romantics  and Arnie and Joel is old news. BuT of course, you were there! You sat in on the negotiations when the song was licensed out. Do you see how delusional you are? Silly question. No you don't. Almost everyone here has seen you attack people in the past on another board when you used the name "Blondio". You attacked anyone who really knows the band. We know that in your little dream world, you are a personal friend, manager, publicist, archivist, and God knows what else for the Romantics. But this is typical of someone who escapes from psychos are us. I knew the peace could not last forever.  Geesh! Your absence was nice while it lasted. Why don't you try going to another band's message board and try to hand them the same BS that you dish out here, because no one here is buying it.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 11:56am

AMEN to that, Oldfriend!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 5:38pm

just one question for both of you:

in the grand scheme of life, how important is this really?

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 9:10pm

Quote:

I agree, it obviously is someone's life, I am not in blondie by the way, just concentrate on your familys band, so you dont  embarrass yourself. No need to reply, you do not know what  you are talking about, AGAIN. Cozfan
Who is Rob?

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #34 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 10:32pm

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste". Bookies comment was directed at you, airhead, but you don't even see that. You are right Bookies. This mental midget's fantasies are not even worth acknowledging.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 12:30pm

Quote:
"A mind is a terrible thing to waste". Bookies comment was directed at you, airhead, but you don't even see that. You are right Bookies. This mental midget's fantasies are not even worth acknowledging.

Yes, Im sure of it, reread it. You are relentless, it is kind of amusing. Im sure you get something out of this, what it is , I dont know, or care. But I hope it makes you happy, you really make me laugh. Cozfan

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 12:34pm

Quote:

Yes, dear old friend you are the one that needs to read and comprehend. It is just meant for me? lol  Cozfan

And the answer is, it is not important in the scheme of life, she is right on, I agree. Just let it be. Enough.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #37 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 10:01pm

Did they have grammar schools where you grew up? By the way, I WILL continue to correct the constant misinformation that you post here, including your delusional fantasies. Again, why don't you try going to another band's message board and try to convince those people that you know the band, have all of their unreleased recordings, and sat in on all of their contract negotiations. See how long it takes before they label you what we here know you are, which is a psycho living in a dream world. Bookies was right. Rob and I should agree that your ramblings are not worth one more minute of our time. Back to the topic. "Take Me Out Of The Rain" is not only a song that I would like to see them add to the live set list, but that could have been a hit single in my opinion. That tune has a very radio friendly  melody.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:31pm

Quote:
Did they have grammar schools where you grew up? By the way, I WILL continue to correct the constant misinformation that you post here, including your delusional fantasies. Again, why don't you try going to another band's message board and try to convince those people that you know the band, have all of their unreleased recordings, and sat in on all of their contract negotiations. See how long it takes before they label you what we here know you are, which is a psycho living in a dream world. Bookies was right. Rob and I should agree that your ramblings are not worth one more minute of our time. Back to the topic. "Take Me Out Of The Rain" is not only a song that I would like to see them add to the live set list, but that could have been a hit single in my opinion. That tune has a very radio friendly  melody.

You are crazy man! Read what you write and speak for yourself , not others. Cozfan

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #39 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:50pm

As John Lennon once said:" Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see". The same song also states more than once that "nothing is real". Sound familiar?

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 2:02am

It sounds to me that you are very jealous, and you claim not to care.  You have and are making a fool of yourself.
I cant wait to meet you though! You then can tell me how dellusional I am, Hey can I video tape it? lol 
You really have no idea what you are talking about yet you ramble on and on and bring other peoples names into your posts because you can not stand on your own two feet. Sad really.
Im sure when we meet you will understand how infantile you have been, and how wrong you are as usual. That you say Im delusional about knowing people in a band is pathetic.  I would surely spend all day on here like you and try to convince people of it, I think I would make up a better delusion.    Cozfan

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #41 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 2:57am

Like Rob (and Bookies), I also agree with Oldfriend on this one. I did so from the first ridiculous post about WILAY being "sold." You don't "sell" a song; publishing doesn't work that way. There are a variety of ways in which a song can be licensed, and for different purposes by different license holders. Here's a pretty good article about the basics:

http://www.legaljungleguide.com/resourc/musician/articles/songwriting.htm

The point is,  Cozfan, you don't "sell" a song wholesale. It just doesn't happen that way, which is what Oldfriend was trying to point out. Apart from your absolutely putrid grammar, you render your argument flaccid simply by not being able to understand this fairly basic concept  from the beginning.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:23am

Quote:
Like Rob (and Bookies), I also agree with Oldfriend on this one. I did so from the first ridiculous post about WILAY being "sold." You don't "sell" a song; publishing doesn't work that way. There are a variety of ways in which a song can be licensed, and for different purposes by different license holders. Here's a pretty good article about the basics:

http://www.legaljungleguide.com/resourc/musician/articles/songwriting.htm

The point is,  Cozfan, you don't "sell" a song wholesale. It just doesn't happen that way, which is what Oldfriend was trying to point out. Apart from your absolutely putrid grammar, you render your argument flaccid simply by not being able to understand this fairly basic concept  from the beginning.

Yes Kevin, the rights to a song can be sold, but do you actually think I care about your ramblings ? Just from your post, the back up man to OLDFRIEND, shows you also do not know what you are talking about, When either of you find out what really happened then post. You look almost as ridiculous as old friend.
I have a question. How do you know ? How do you know or Old friend what was done with that song? You do not. I was there during that whole period, you both were not. You do not know. Please do not talk about my grammar being putrid , reread your posts then judge mine, It is funny how both of you can say something , not look at yourselfs, It is hysterical.
Keep posting,maybe you will reach your dream of 1000 posts.
  Just in case you have not figured it out, I couldn't care less about you or oldfriend and your ramblings. You have no facts and just go on rambling.
By the way thanks Kevin for straightening me out on the subject of 'the sale of songs" Have you sold any lately?  Did either of you help Paul Mcartney with his problems with songs being sold, Maybe you could of helped him! lol Im sure you could of.

IP Logged

Pointless

Reply #43 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:35am

Yes, you can "sell a song."  Jackson owns publishing writes to the Beatles stuff.

Give it up people! Music is suppose to be fun, whats the point if someone knows or doesn't know? So what if someone has something wrong, does it matter that much to you?

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:56am

Just for the record, Michael Jackson owns the publishing rights to the Beatles catalogue because he outbid McCartney. In the case of the Romantics, "What I Like About You" was never "sold" to anybody. There is more to this whole debate than you know. This wanna-be friend of the Romantics called cozfan used to attack other people on another message board when she used the name "Blondio". Anyone who really knew the band was a target of this psycho, in particular a lady named Linda Foster who actually did know the band. Cozfan, in order to make herself feel important, constantly makes outrageous claims about knowing the band, being there ("I was there") when Romantics business meetings were held, having an archive of all of the Romantics unreleased music, etc, etc, etc. I have and will continue to correct all of her lies, false information, and delusional fantasies concerning the Romantics. Stick around this board for a while. You will see what I mean about this person living in her own little dream world.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.