Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Romantics songs that should have been hits (Read 6335 times)
BrewCity
Ex Member

Re: Romantics songs that should have been hits
Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2005 at 11:50pm

I agree, "Got Me Where You Want Me" is a total classic.  I used to deejay at a small club in the early-mid '80's, and that song always packed the dance floor.  That song shoulda been a hit.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 12:00am

theres a number of songs from in heat that in my opinion should have been more reconized......rock you up.....u got me.......shake a tail feather........and the 61/49......had a load of songs that should be rockin the us of a........they have a strong soild history and i hope they get the attetnion they deserve in the up in coming years.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 12:21am

As I have said before, in my humble opinion, 61/49 is by far the best album they have ever done and is the first album to really capture the essence of what the Romantics sound really is. The british invasion/garage influence, which is the music that Wally always loved, really shines through on this album which is solid from start to finish without even one filler tune. Just about anything on this album could have and should have been a hit single.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 3:34am

Sadly, it's mostly a marketing thing these days... But I am glad that The Romantics at least got some recognition for this CD!

BTW-- What I Like About You is hopefully generating a lot of money for them right now!  

I swear I hear it at least 3 times a day on TV or the radio...

When the "Finding Nemo" ice show was in town, they used a version of WILAY in their ads (and probably showed that ad a gazillion times during the children's prime time hours....

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 7:53pm

iris......i need to play there cd to hear there music.....calif or colorado doesnt give them airplay......enjoy your airwaves!!!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 11:02pm

Pirate-- not even on the "Retro" stations?  That is really too bad! Sad  Have you tried seeing if there are any "80s music" or "retro music" stations online?

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2005 at 3:42pm

"What I like about You" is everywhere.
The Romantics were in a court battle, including Jimmy (when Jimmy wasnt with them) over the rights to that song, it was sold unlawfully by there management, remember all those bud commercials? (budweiser)
They won the rights back to the song that was theirs in the first place, got all there back royalties. years of royalties, millions.,Then sold it  the rights again  for good.  That is where the bulk of there money came from and now they will be able to live very nice lives after this was settled.
It was years. Some of the guys werent even able to buy a house then, that is all changed now, it was years of court. Love, cozfan

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2005 at 9:46pm

And your point is? By the way, no one sold the rights to "What I Like about You".  That is why they still get royalty checks to this day for that song.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 6th, 2005 at 2:48am

Oldfriend-- that makes good sense to me-- why would they sell the rights to a song that to this day is making them money?!  Not a day goes by that I don't hear WILAY being played somewhere, whether it's on a retro station, in the grocery stores, on a commercial and even in a massacred cover version via an "American Idol" Barbie doll!   

I think it has to be one of the most recognizable Romantics tunes of all time... Smiley (I'll bet that to many young people, it's more recognizable than some Beatles songs!)

IP Logged

jonnie2224
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:46am

One of my favorite Romantics songs off "In Heat" is.............. "I'm Hip".

IP Logged

jonnie2224
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #25 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:48am

oh by the way....."Wally Rules"

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 9:45am

Quote:
And your point is? By the way, no one sold the rights to "What I Like about You".  That is why they still get royalty checks to this day for that song.

Old friend you have yet again, showed you do not know what you are talking about, you always have something to say to my posts ,it is amusing.
On this subject however you are TOTALLY wrong and do not know what you are talking about.  I was there! (post i wasn't) I WAS.
Why do you always feel you have to have some kind of reply to my posts? They are for the fans, not you.
                                                Stick to Rich. Cozfan

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 11:02pm

I respond to your posts and any post that states wrong information, and as usual, you are wrong. "I was there". You were where? The fact is that the Romantics never sold the rights to "What I Like About You " to anyone. Even Rich to this day gets royalty checks for that song. You were there. ???????? Thats right. You are always there and hanging out with the Romantics. Then you wake up.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 6:52am

:) Again, stick to Rich, I was there . Why does it bother you so much? Who cares? Your information is wrong.
Sometimes it is right or half right, but this time you are Wrong,   
Cozfan
(by the way you werent there, so how do you know?) I WAS. You honestly do not know anything on this subject, but okay you do right? lol

And by the way that is why The Romantics have let this song be dubbed over 2000 times , because they want the royalties, not because it was sold BEHIND their backs? Wake up. It was sold way before they new anything about it. That is why it is all over the place. that is why they were in court so long.
You claim to be intelligent, and 'know' everything but you dont. Sorry  And yes I admit I know nothing about Rich personally. I met him once. I believe he is a plumber now but I am not sure, Ill leave that to you. But on this subject you do not have a clue.

IP Logged

COZFAN
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 7:08am

Quote:
I respond to your posts and any post that states wrong information, and as usual, you are wrong. "I was there". You were where? The fact is that the Romantics never sold the rights to "What I Like About You " to anyone. Even Rich to this day gets royalty checks for that song. You were there. ???????? Thats right. You are always there and hanging out with the Romantics. Then you wake up.

And by the way. They didnt sell it . They were fighting with THEIR MANAGERS AT THE TIME, WHO CLAIMED THEY OWNED IT AND SOLD IT! please just be quiet already.
'And then I wake up hoping and wishing I had a chance to meet the romantics ', lol.  You haven't a clue. Cant wait to meet you, you want to 'hang' out with the guys?
lol  Cozfan.  Hey, go try for more free posties! You hang around here alot, your cool, and hip.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.