Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The Weakend (Read 5348 times)
oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: The Weakend
Reply #30 - May 28th, 2006 at 12:13am

They played a flawless high energy set and even got an encore. They play tonight in Grandville which is a little west of Grand Rapids.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 9:02pm

This Friday the 23rd they will be at the same place, the Lions Club on Utica Road south of 15 mile, if anyone wants to come down. Alucard is also on the show.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #32 - Jul 19th, 2006 at 4:36am

Wednesday July 19
The Weakend, Fireworks, Sydney in Color
Myspace Internet Cafe

(not sure what that means though)

www.fromthegarage.com

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #33 - Jul 19th, 2006 at 11:15am

Myspace Cafe is on 13 mile on the east side near Hayes (I think). It's just a list of the bands that are playing there that night. They will be playing the Ernie Ball stage at Warped Tour on the 29th.

IP Logged

Andrew

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #34 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 11:43pm

oldfriend wrote on Jul 19th, 2006 at 11:15am:
Myspace Cafe is on 13 mile on the east side near Hayes (I think). It's just a list of the bands that are playing there that night. They will be playing the Ernie Ball stage at Warped Tour on the 29th.

I'll be there hopefully I can check them out (that is if the show doesn't fall apart like Warped 2002 as it seems to be doing - Detroit is now refusing to let them shut down the street so half the event is being pushed back into the small parking lot Sad ).

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - Jul 29th, 2006 at 5:37pm

Warped Tour today! If you're going, don't forget the sunblock. Ernie Ball stage is the place to be!

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #36 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:28pm

The Weakend is playing the Myspace Cafe on 13 Mile east ot Hayes this Friday the 6th with Alucard and a couple of other bands. Out of literally thousands of bands that competed to get on the Ernie Ball stage at warped tour, the Weakend got chosen as one of 13 bands to be on the nationally distributed Ernie Ball cd titled "The Best 13 Unsigned Bands In The Country". The Weakend contributes the unreleased song "This Sudden Loss Of Innocence".

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #37 - Oct 8th, 2006 at 10:05pm

Too bad no one made it to Myspace on Friday. The guys played a killer show. The Weakend has been asked to contribute their version of a Journey song for a Journey tribute album being released on a major label. Why anyone would want to do a Journey tribute album is beyond me, but the Weakend, who are not familiar at all with Journey material, will be listening to some of their stuff ( no matter how painful) and pick a tune to do. They will try to give it their own treatment and not just do a straight up cover. It should be interesting to see what they come up with.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #38 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 11:43pm

The band is playing the Majestic Theater downtown on New Years Eve.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #39 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 10:14pm

The band has been steadily recording new songs and demos for the last 2 years or so. They have decided to release about a dozen of these tracks on a new album which will be coming out soon. A limited number will also be released on vinyl. The vinyl versons will come out on several different colored vinyl albums.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #40 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 11:53pm

The band will be in Alabama this coming week to demo more tracks. They have written SO MANY new songs in the last few months that it is unbelievable. They have about 15 or 16 unreleased tracks that have been recorded and laying around for the last year or so, and they plan on putting out a new cd of about a dozen of these tracks next month. Check out their myspace site in a few days for more details.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #41 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 10:21pm

The demo sessions are going great. The instrumental tracks will be done by tonight and the lead singer, Andrew, will remain in Alabama for a few more weeks to finish the vocals and mixing. By late April or May they will be playing a lot of shows locally.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #42 - May 31st, 2007 at 10:48pm

The band is finally playing local shows again and play this Saturday June 2nd at the Myspace Cafe (which just moved).

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #43 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 10:04pm

The band is at GS360 in Warren tonight the 13th.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Jun 16th, 2007 at 6:41am

The Weakend plays the new Myspace Cafe in Roseville tonight. They go on around 9:30.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.