Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
The Weakend (Read 5313 times)
oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

The Weakend
Feb 12th, 2005 at 12:13pm

The Weakend played an absolutely brilliant set on friday the 11th that had the crowd in a frenzy. You would think that after listening to five other bands first that the crowd would be drained. They must have gotten their second wind because from the first song the place went nuts. Amazing to me how many people knew the lyrics to every song. They are playing 2 shows the same night on Saturday the 19th, both in Warren. I will post the locations and times as soon as I find out the info.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Re: The Weakend
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 9:23am

Hey, we might actually be able to make it to their next gig!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 10:26pm

Exciting news around here! The Weakend has just been offered a three album deal with Fearless Records, with their first album to be heavily promoted and distributed through Warner Brothers! It looks like they will be doing most of the Warped tour this year and a national tour after that. More details to come. They are playing on March 20th at the Lions Club on Utica Road just south of 15 mile with Alucard. They have a few more local shows and after that it could be some time before they play the Detroit area again. Hope some of you locals can make it.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 8:25am

March 20th... I might actually make that one! It's the day after my birthday! Smiley

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 11:43pm

That's awesome news, Oldfriend!  Congratulations to The Weakend!!  I saw on their website that they will be in my neck of the woods on March 15.  I'm going to try to catch their show.  It's on a Tuesday night, so it's a little harder to get a babysitter, but, hopefully, I can get it worked out.

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2005 at 9:21am

Congrats to the Weakend, Oldfriend!  Both Alucard and the Weakend sound like they are doing great.  Will definitely try to see them on March 20, but can't promise it just yet.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 12:15am

The band plays in Montclair New Jersey tonight (Friday the 11th), the first stop on this mini tour of about 9 days, ending on Sunday the 20th at the Lions Club on Utica Road south of 15 mile along with Alucard and a couple of other bands.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 10:27pm

Today's show (Sat the 12th) is in Trafford, PA if anyone is interested and lives in the area.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2005 at 10:14pm

The band is in Woddbridge Virginia today (March 13th) and Virginia Beach tomorrow(March 14th).

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 2:15am

i hope they are around in the summer so we can all hook up and go to see them! Grin

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 3:23am

They will be going out again around late April until the end of May, and then they will be doing some Warped Tour shows this summer, including the Detroit date in late July. I will post any local shows that come up. Thanks for the interest.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2005 at 4:48am

Tonight (Thursday the17th) its Raleigh NC and tomorrow its Louisville KY.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2005 at 12:17am

The Weakend's lawyer has offered Fearless records some counter proposals for the 3 album deal that is in the works. The band has some new leverage since another label, Fueled By Ramen, is now showing major interest in the band. We will see what happens. The band is in Alabama tonight, followed by the next three nights in different cities in Florida. Then it's on to Atlanta and back up the east coast. Check their tour schedule at  www.the weakend.com and click on "shows". Of course, you locals don't forget the Warped Tour show on July 31st. Hope some of you can make it.

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2005 at 1:12am

Thats great news. Fueled By Ramen is huge! Look at what happened to Fall Out Boy. I've noticed on absolutepunk.net how much of a following the Weakend has - its great to see!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2005 at 5:35am

What is happening with Fallout Boy is very encouraging for The Weakend. They have done shows together, including a sellout at Clutch Cargo's last fall. Fallout Boy's drummer has actually said that Jeff from The Weakend is his favorite drummer and he stays in touch with Jeff all the time through e-mails. Hopefully this will be the start of something big.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.