Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MESSAGE BOARD WOES (Read 1208 times)
Web_Girl
Ex Member

MESSAGE BOARD WOES
Feb 12th, 2005 at 3:16am

WE JUST RECIEVED WORD ON THIS EVERYONE

I am wondering if there is a setting like after so many days or months, that it resets, i am not sure.

The WebMistress will be looking into it, and i hope to have some answers very soon.

YaBB is one of the more reliable boards, which is why we use it, and we have never had a problem with any of our other artists boards.

hopefully, we will be back up soon Embarrassed

thanks for your understanding 

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: MESSAGE BOARD WOES
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 12:08pm

If things get going again, I would strongly suggest that no one starts the "Free Posties" thread again. That did nothing but take up a bunch of space and had nothing information-wise to offer. Maybe once there are too many replies over all this thing is going to bite the dust again. Is that possible or am I way off the mark here? I would be the first to admit that I know nothing about computers.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 6:44pm

oldfriend, i honestly dont think that thread is what corrupted the board but what the heck, its worth a try so i (and others) will refrain from starting it again.
on the other hand, i believe it has something to do with someone infecting the board with a virus.
i had noticed some funky things going on in the days leading up to the crash but didnt really give it any thought.  thats how a virus would operate too.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 7:37pm

I have to agree, I don't think it was that thread.  I have been on other YaBB message boards with 20 times the number of posts, and they didn't crash.   I, too, noticed some unusual things the last few days.  I know nothing about computers, but can someone infect a message board with a virus just by posting on it?  And if they did, wouldn't it still be on here?  I mean, wouldn't the virus have to be "removed" to keep it from continuing to do the same thing?

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 3:06am

well.....you all will be upset with the pirate....i just read this thread but i made a pit stop in the general threads and restarted free posties......i cant imagine that a thread would do this.....as far as volume.....before the first crash well had both general and romantics threads well pack......im not a expert either but it does sound like a virus......it also impacts certain members like brew......he loses all his posts everytime.....i hope they solve the problem soon.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 6:20am

I say dump YaBB(I mean this losing info has happened several times)... there are only hundreds of other free message board systems(most better since YaBB still uses Pearl... an old form of web coding, I know of a few good ones).

I would be willing to share my experiences and lend a hand(been doing websites for over 5 years)....

IP Logged

Iris2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 9:10am

Grrr.... ;-(

It's me, Iris again...
I guess I've been hit now.
Can't log into my old name, so I had to start up a new one!

AND... on top of it all, I've lost everyones' addresses and phone numbers that I had left on my PM board!!

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 11:39am

Well if there is a backup of the old info it could (in theory) be replaced back on here.  Then again sometimes it is more time and hassle than it is worth.  Hopefully it will all work out for the best.   8)

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 1:50am

i vote for a new message board!!

IP Logged

lmk_new
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 6:30am

Grrr.... Angry

Lost everything on my profile...had to create a new one.  I suggest  a new message board format, please!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 12:01pm

I definitely agree!!!

Hey Web_Girl... can you ask the webmistress to restore my moderator capabilities?!

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 3:12am

Hey everyone,  one of my yahoo groups is also having trouble with blocked messages and stuff.   This group is kinda paranoid because it's geared toward stuff they think the govt is not wanting us to know about, if you get what I mean.  Shocked They think they're being hacked into by "disinformers".  Someone else said their other groups that are similar are having problems.  I think it's just a virus or something going around in general, we're not the only ones having trouble.  Hang in there!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 1:14am

Hey, what happened to our pictures?   Undecided  Now I have to look at the posters' names to see who's posting.

IP Logged

Ken_Cheng
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 12:35pm

I recommend the V Bulletin system.  V Bulletin has all the advantages of this system here (and then some), with none of the drawbacks.  Several other forums I visit use V Bulletin and do quite well with it.  It's worth considering.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 5:24pm

brew, i managed to get our pictures back.  mine changes so often though that you will still have to look at the name to see who is posting!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.