Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Look For Rich Cole To Start Posting (Read 1256 times)
oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Look For Rich Cole To Start Posting
Feb 9th, 2005 at 3:52am

I talked to Rich today and suggested that he register and start posting here. I have been bugging him about this for a while and I think today he is going to register just to get me off of his back! He hasn't even seen the New Year's Eve pictures yet so I think that may entice him to come over to the board and register. I told him that there are a lot of people here who would love to talk with him, so if he doesn't register sometime today, I will REALLY bug him until he does.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Re: Look For Rich Cole To Start Posting
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 3:58am

Yay!!! Smiley
Looking forward to seeing his posts! Smiley

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 7:05am

Cool!  We'd love to have Rich as a board member/poster.  Tell him to come on board!   Smiley

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 5:32pm

can't wait to welcome him to the board!!
oldfriend, did you ever ask him about doing our chat?

IP Logged

chollaboy
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:51pm

Very cool!!! Loved his bass playing on National Breakout, very underated as a bass player!

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 12:24am

And, I believe his backup vocals were sorely missed after he left the band.

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 1:09am

Being a Bridesmaid several times in many bands, I know, somewhat , how Rich feels. He is truly an underrated bass player and you pick any of the 3 lps and there is great chemestry between Jimi and Rich's playing. Greatly missed and that is the ugly story of Rock and Roll. But, in this case, Rich got the chance to be a part of a great music wave and when the Romantics get into the RR Hall of Fame, he will get in there too. Dee Dee Ramone was booted out of the Ramones and being inducted to the Hall of Fame helped to bring it back for him. That is until he ended it.

I can't wait to read what Rich has to type and being a bass player myself I would love to know the geek info. What bass and amp did you use on the 3 lps and stuff like that. Those records have a great bass sound on them, very driving and pseudo-punk ala McCartney. Just great.

IP Logged

Kevin1
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 2:07am

I would love to see Rich on the board. I only met Rich once, at the '99 Detroit Music Awards, and he was a very friendly guy who was happy to chat with me (and sign my 'Strictly Personal' CD sleeve). I distinctly remember one thing he told me about being at the awards ceremony: "I'm just proud to have been a part of all this." He struck me as a sincere, humble guy who obviously doesn't have any hard feelings about losing his spot in the band. Oh, and Rob, I too planned to chime in about how much his vocals are missed -- you beat me to it!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 2:35am

Yup, there are quite a few of those great older tunes that I'm sure aren't played live anymore by the band because Wally or any of the others can't properly do the vocals  Undecided (some were originally done by Rich and some Jimmy).

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 9:17am

On the first album Rich used a Fender Precision bass and a Sunn amp. On the second album he used a Musicman bass through a Hi Watt rig. You will have to ask him what he used on the third album. I think he stuck with the Hi Watt amp but I'm not sure about what kind of bass he used.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 1:00pm

That will be great to see him on the board.  Looking forward to it   8)

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 6:05pm

Oldfriend:

Was the Sunn decked out with JBL speakers like Entwistle use to endorse? I have an old 2 x 12 from the 80's. Very heavy, but great crunch.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 13th, 2005 at 12:08pm

Hey Oldfriend!!!
Did Rich ever try posting?

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #13 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 7:41am

and if anyone in the band ever needs some technical support, just contact myself or iris!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.