Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Videos On Homepage (Read 665 times)
gbabyjr
Ex Member

Videos On Homepage
Feb 2nd, 2005 at 4:45pm

Wow!  What a nice surprise to see the videos for "61/49" and "When I look In Your Eyes" from the Rockford show on the homepage!!  Makes me wish all the more for a show near me.  Thanks Ron Johnson!  The videos are great!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: Videos On Homepage
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 5:46pm

Thank you Ron!!
For some reason, I cannot view them yet, I think I need to download realtime (I will try again from work) but I am so excited that they are available to us.  I was at that show and it was wonderful!!
Thanks webmistress too!

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 8:46am

Yes, Ron, thanks for the videos.  I just watched When I Look In Your Eyes, and it was cool.  The sound didn't seem quite right, but maybe that's just my PC.  You need to see a local Detroit crowd at a Romantics show, though!  We are much more animated and everyone dances.  Grin

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 10:19am

The drawback with streaming files is you either focus on clear audio or clear video. In order to make the size small enough for the 56k world something has to give. I would rather have better images than audio. I have offered to send MP3's of the show to the webmistress. Those would be high quality and  if the focus was for broadband users I can send out a 25 mb size file with CD quality audio and the same image as you see now. Most places don't want to have multiple files of that size on their server, you can run into bandwidth and hit issues from too much traffic. So, thanks for the comments and I hope to be able to get another chance to shoot the band again "for real" and have isolated cameras on each member and do a multi-angle DVD. That would be killer. I have been a Romantics fan from the very start and have worn out the first 4 LP's. I would love another opportunity to do work for them again. They are a great live band and nice people too.  Ta Ta for Now.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 9:13am

Did anyone else have a problem with the audio being in sync with the video or does my computer just suck?

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 9:20am

Videos work fine and are in sync for me. I LOVE them! Call me greedy but I would love to see  the What I Like About You video.  Smiley

Speaking of videos... what are the videos from in the intro thing for the main site(with Midnight to Six in background..)? The video with the text on top of it.

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 9:21am

It's your computer. No offense. The data rate is 10 frames per second, so there is a minor skew, but not what you describe. Enough tech talk, it makes me more of a geek then I really am, or am I. Gosh I don't really know. You guys/gals can answer that. But be nice, no swearing in your answers.

Oh yeah, I also sent Tomboy, I don't know why that didn't make the cut. The web folks had high, medium and low rez files to choose from. I hope the photos from the show make it on here. You all with flip. From the pics on this site from their current tour, these photos are the best. I didn't take them, but the record lable folks have even framed some of the high rez ones that were sent off months ago. So, look for these, I hope. Bye By.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.