Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cheap Trick Rocks! (Read 676 times)
Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Cheap Trick Rocks!
Feb 1st, 2005 at 12:12am

I was fortunate to see Cheap Trick in Kansas City Friday, Jan. 28.  They put on a great show and the crowd seemed to love them.  My friend's 11 yr old niece went with us and she stood in front of the stage the whole time, managed to get some of Ric's guitar picks. 
She heard some gal in back of her say they were lame...don't know what her problem was...probably likes rap. 
Anyway, the last I've seen them "live" to speak of was on their Silver DVD from 1999.  I was expecting them to come out using canes but oh, no...they were looking fine!  Robin still has that great hair and Ric still ROCKS! 
I know a lot of us on the board likes the band so just wanted to let you know they sound so good and have ripened just wonderful with age...lol! Cheesy

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Re: Cheap Trick Rocks!
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 5:41am

Thanks for the update, Lisa!  Glad to hear you had a great time.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 5:41pm

Quote:
have ripened just wonderful with age...lol!

lisa, don't you know that all good things ripen with age?
including a few of us on this board!! Grin

thanks for the review.

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 10:46pm

Yes, especially men!  I have an old(er) one for a hubby and I think I'll keep him.   Wink

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 4:29am

I saw them live in San Diego in about 1980 at the then San Diego Stadium.  It was an all day rock "festival" with Chuck Berry, The Flirts, and others I cant remember on the bill.  In one day I drank my first beer, smoked my first marijuana joint, and touched a "forbidden" part of the female anatomy.  Quite a memorable day! LOL And, Cheap Trick rocked!

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 11:13pm

Rob, been there and done that...except for the female anatomy part-lol!  Memories are great, aren't they? Wink

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 2:25am

Mine was a Heart concert, June 1979 at Alpine Valley Music Theater.  I passed on the weed, but the rest of Rob's story sounds very familiar.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.