Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
U2 Tour (Read 1139 times)
Rob
Ex Member

U2 Tour
Jan 30th, 2005 at 2:26am

Anyone got tickets to the upcoming U2 tour? I've got two to opening night here in San Diego, but let me tell you the presale to U2.com members was an absolute fiasco!!

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Re: U2 Tour
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 6:58am

I wish!!  They aren't scheduled for a city near me. Cry  I heard they will add more North American dates later in the fall.  I hope that is true.  It would be great if they would make an Atlanta stop.  Rob, what happened with the pre-sale?

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 7:06am

Yes, a whole bunch of arena dates in the mid-west area will be announced for the fall leg. Word around the campfire is they'll be playing here in Detroit on Oct. 25th(I'll be seeing them in late Sept. in my soon to be new home of Cleveland).

They way they are pricing tickets sounds great... tickets will roughly range from 50 bucks to over a 100(or something like that.. cant remember the exact numbers) but the cheapest seats... will be the general admission floor!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 8:26pm

I saw the last U2 tour and even at a hundred bucks, it was worth every penny!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 8:45pm

Quote:
Yes, a whole bunch of arena dates in the mid-west area will be announced for the fall leg. Word around the campfire is they'll be playing here in Detroit on Oct. 25th(I'll be seeing them in late Sept. in my soon to be new home of Cleveland).

They way they are pricing tickets sounds great... tickets will roughly range from 50 bucks to over a 100(or something like that.. cant remember the exact numbers) but the cheapest seats... will be the general admission floor!

Andrew-- are you moving to Cleveland?

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 9:57pm

For college yes. Though looking at the amount of days off I'll have(over a month for Christmas alone) it looks like I'll be home as much as away - but Cleveland aint a bad second home, after all the first rock concert was held there(and they just opened a super nice House of Blues).

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 12:32am

What?! You didn't apply to go to MSU?!

In-state tuition is far cheaper than out-of-state....

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 2:04am

You get what you pay for.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 8:48pm

Hey now...!!!!  Shocked

It's more about getting out what you put in, rather than "getting what you pay for"....  Grin Just because a school costs more doesn't mean you will get a better education there.

I tell students that they could go to an Ivy League school and drop out because they are partying too much, or not putting in 100% effort....or they could attend a community college and be the valedictorian and receive numerous awards and scholarships to further their education.  Each school has own merits, but it is up to the student to take advantage of their opportunity to get an education.

It's more about how the students view and value their education and what they decide to learn from their institution, than just cost alone.  However, when it comes to paying in-state, vs. out-of-state tuition (or public vs. private universities), if a student is paying tuition (vs. on a scholarship), it's worth another look at how much the extra cost in tuition will help you in the long run....  Wink

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 2:21am

You are right...I was just jabbin' ya.

I always advise kids to pick the college with the best sports teams.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 3:30am

You're too funny....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.