Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ROMANTICS DVD (Read 3756 times)
PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

ROMANTICS DVD
Jan 29th, 2005 at 1:03am

a romantics dvd would be so awesome........ive heard in the future of a possilbe romantics dvd....but its been while.......has anyone heard anything new some sort of update if they are giving more thought or are looking into this........vintage and up to date romantics dvd would be a top priority for all romantics collectors......i sure hope to hear or see one soon.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Re: ROMANTICS DVD
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 1:22am

There is one available from the Rockford show. I would gladly donate it to the band. Band and Mgt have copies and it would be a great "Fan Club" production. I was not there to shoot The Romantics, I was working on a production for my band that was an opening act. So, the DVD is what it is, but does look and sound good, except for some distoration issue with Wally's bass. All that needs to be done is for the DVD to be mastered and pressed. Put the word out and see what fan response you get, also from the show are some stunning shots of the band, those some of those were included in the DVD. That's my two cents.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 11:10am

Yo Pirate. I have a couple things I am trying to get together for the message board people including a video compilation, but it will probably have to be on VHS (or Beta if you are old school like me) tape since I don't have a DVD burner at this time. Maybe they will come down in price. If so, maybe a romantics DVD compilation will be next year's Christmas present. If not DVD, I am sure video tape will do. It will be a compilation going back to before they were signed with a couple of songs filmed at the old Detroit club called Bookies club 870, their American Bandstand appearances, their Solid Gold appearance, some stuff from the In Heat tour, a whole show from the Rythym Romance tour with Dave on drums, some of their old promo videos from the early MTV days, as well as highlights from the 61/49 tour from Tastefest in Detroit from 2004 and of course some of the New Year's Eve show at the Royal Oak Theater with the rare appearance of Jimmy. I have some other projects in the works as well such as a "mono" mix version of 61/49 with acoustic bonus tracks of some of the 61/49 songs and also a complete live cd of other songs that were not on "Meet The Romantics" but are from those same shows which were all recorded in the late 70s with the original lineup. As you can see, I have my work cut out for myself. Just curious. Of those 3 different projects, which one would the board members like to see completed first? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 12:14pm

Hey Old Friend,
I have a DVD burner on my computer... Maybe we should get together and talk about it!

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 10:53pm

oldfriend,

All of your anticipated projects sound like "top priority" ones to me, though the video just slightly eeks ahead of the others.  I have a video of their "In Heat" appearance on Bandstand, but for some reason the "stupid" vcr had a button where you could turn the audio off.  Well, guess what?  The audio was turned off!!  Man, was I bummed. 

p.s.:  I too have a beta vcr.  I keep it to play my Avengers re-runs.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 12:53am

Dennis--

I can top your story about the "no audio"....

My hubby and I were at my parent's house and taped the 40th anniversary of Atlantic Records (I think) which included a reunion concert with Led Zepplin (With Jon Bonham's son on drums)....We had other things to do, so we just let the tape run....

Later that evening. my hubby and I took the tape home and started watching it. Everything seemed great until we got a few seconds into the set from Led Zepplin.  All of a sudden, the theme music from Nintendo's "Mario Brothers" video game started playing-- apparently, my dad had hooked up the VCR so that the sound from the video game fed into the VCR.... My brother (then in junior high, I think) had decided to play his game for the next hour or so of the video tape.... We had video, but the wrong audio!

Needless to say, my brother nearly became mincemeat the next time I saw him!

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 2:23am

Oldfriend, any live performances on video would be awesome!  Do you have any audio or video from the Strictly Personal Tour?  That would be kool to hear.  I have to hear "In The Nighttime" live!

IP Logged

Timster2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 5:40am

Oldfriend, although we all appreciate the hard work you've done on the projects you've mentioned, my two cents on the topic would be top priority goes to the video compilation.  I think there's a lot that we haven't seen for a while or maybe have never seen ever.  Some of us might have first seen the band in videos before ever seeing them in concert and a return to the "video age" of music promotion might bring back some special memories for us.

You got me bothered, You got me hot, I'm Hot & Bothered - I want what you got!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 11:48pm

yes old friend it does sound like you have your work cut out for you.....it all sounds great and would be great for a romantics collection.....you for sure have some romantics gold there in your hands.......vintage to the current.....old friend it sounds like you have all that cover........i would think most of us still have our vhs  machines.......beta i dont know about that one.......i havent seen one of those in years......but im sure who everr doesnt wont heisatate to buy vhs if required........i drewled when i read you post.....thanks for the post old friend.......looking forward to hearing more on this topic. Cheesy

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 1:51am

I was wondering if anyone knows what the total record time is on a recordable DVD.

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 4:40am

Oldfriend, you have us all drooling!  I was playing my Meet the Romantics cd again yesterday, loving every minute of it.

Any kind of video compilation would be wonderful!  Grin  The old stuff would be great, and so would the recent stuff, especially from the Tastefest and NYE.  Thank you for being so generous to us. 
Lynn

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 6:45am

Wow, Oldfriend, a video compilation sounds great!  It would be so great to see some old stuff, and fabulous to see some newer things.  ( Especially since it seems they will never make it close enough for me to see them live!  I haven't seen a live performance since the early nineties!)  Thanks, Oldfriend for all the effort you put into these projects!

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 9:26am

Oldfriend,

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seeing SOMETHING . . . ANYTHING would be great.  It's been a long time since I've even seen the older videos that they once played on MTV, eons ago!

Lori

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 12:21pm

HI oldfriend,
according to the label on the recordable DVDs I have, it says it's 120 minutes...

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 8:19pm

Oldfriend, like the others, I think these all sound like cool projects but I would put the video compilation at the top of the list.  (The older, the better).  I've been lucky enough to have seen the band as early as about 1981 but my memory is starting to fade a bit.  It would be awesome to see some of that really old live footage especially.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.