Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
And the Oscar Goes To.......... (Read 733 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

And the Oscar Goes To..........
Jan 26th, 2005 at 6:37pm

as years passed, i had found myself less informed about oscar nominees but this year takes the cake! i have seen zero of the movies nominated and can honestly say i only have interest in seeing a couple of them.

anybody else?
predictions?
opinions?

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Re: And the Oscar Goes To..........
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2005 at 8:25pm

Anything Johnny Depp wins, that's cool with me.

And, I so glad the Academy didn't deem Michael Moore's piece of propaganda crap worthy of any nominations.   Tongue

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2005 at 9:43pm

The odds are against it but Jamie Foxx could actually win for best actor and best supporting actor (according to what I heard on the radio). I think he has a shot to win best actor for "Ray".

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2005 at 10:11pm

I heard that he did a great job with "Ray"... Has anyone else seen it yet? (I have yet to see any of the nominees!)

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 3:49am

I haven't seen any of those movies either, but then again I don't go to the movies when they come out.  My old college-days job was working at the theater and I just can't bear to pay for a ticket!  I'll have to wait for the DVDs, ol' cheap skate.  LOL Embarrassed

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 4:34am

Hey, I certainly don't blame you-- my hubby & I are the same way-- usually we wait for the DVD.... A couple of advantages-- 1) you can put the movie on pause... 2) you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for popcorn and pop...3) You can watch the extra features (when they have them)... 4) you can put on the fire and watch the movie from a nice comfy couch...

I've started buying DVDs when I know that we're going to have some friends over to watch it-- still cheaper than going to the movies!

I usually only go to the theatres when I know that the film will be one that looks better in a larger version (i.e. like the Lord of the Rings and things like that.)

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 7:14am

Quote:
Anything Johnny Depp wins, that's cool with me.

i agree with that too brew but according to the junk i have read, he doesn't stand much of a chance.

also, i would like to see hilary swank win.  did i tell you all that she was at the viper room the night the romantics played?

hmmm.......
looks like the viper room connects depp & swank.
maybe they will have oscars in common too. Wink

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 6:40am

Just Saw "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".  it was very interesting.  I think someone mentioned somewhere that it was done by the same director as "Being John Malkovich".  If it isn't I'm surprised, because that's the vibe I got from it....

I think it was the first time I've ever seen Jim Carey not act completely over-the-top.  He was pretty serious in this role!

By the way, if anyone wants to BUY Ray, Best Buy has a really good deal right now.   

Normally, the Movie is $19.99... it's on sale for $15.99.... if you decide to get the Music DVD at the same time, it's $25 for both videos (apparently the Music DVD is a special Best Buy Release....)

I went out and bought it tonight-- haven't seen the movie, but if it as good as I've heard it is, I'm sure I won't be disappointed... (besides, by the time my hubby & I go to the movies, get a tub of popcorn and pop, the cost is just about $25--plus we can't re-play it once we've seen it on the big screen!)

Will let people know after I watch it!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.