Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
You Know You're a Romantics Fanatic when.... (Read 2427 times)
pinkbubelz
Ex Member

You Know You're a Romantics Fanatic when....
Jan 24th, 2005 at 9:49pm

Thought this might be a fun thread to start... Smiley

Here's a few on my list....

1) The first time you meet your future spouse, the 2nd sentence you ask them is if they know how to play "What I Like About You".

2) You cancel your New Year's Eve Party (and move it to New Year's Day) just so that you can see the Romantics Play at the Royal Oak Music Theatre.

3) You have a copy of "Meet The Romantics" and it is in danger of melting down in your CD Player.

4) Even though you are broke, you still consider flying to another city to see the Romantics play.

5) You drive from Detroit to Toledo and Cleveland just to see 2 concerts (and they are on the same weekend.)

6) You grab about 20 copies of the Metro Times because the Romantics is on the cover.

7) You have all of their early albums on Vinyl (and are still keeping an eye out for other pressings)

8 ) You have been to about 40 weddings and have asked the DJ to play "What I Like About You" at almost every one of them...

9) You have a Karaoke CD with "What I Like About You" on them as well as "Talking in Your Sleep" and can critique the listed lyrics....

10) You know the actual link to the Message board page by heart:  http://www.romanticsdetroit.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

11) You wait so long outside of their tent at a concert that their bouncer takes pity on you and gets you inside to meet the band!

12) You buy the guitar music (tab & note format) of "What I Like About You" even though you play piano and don't even play electric guitar. (hope to learn it someday!)

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Re: You Know You're a Romantics Fanatic when....
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2005 at 10:56am

Great thread...I think Kat and I (Pody too) can relate to more than one of those questions... Grin

Lin

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 2:49am

Oh, this is too funny! 
You know you're a fanatic when you pretend to be part of the catering crew to get backstage(many moons ago!)

You know you're a fanatic when you've managed to run off three boyfriends who swear you've slept with Wally....only in my dreams, you dummies.

You know you're a fanatic when you finally find the man who can trust you...enough to let you have your entire wedding filled with the wonderous sounds of the Romantics.

You know you're a fanatic when you forbid the dj at your wedding reception to play anything but the Romantics.

You know you're a crazy fanatic when you're actually considering hiring the band to play in your backyard!

And finally......

You know you're a fanatic when you spend way too much time at work on this website.

And that's just a small sampling of my personal fanatacizm...is that a word?   Wink

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 3:43am

Love it Lisa! Smiley

I have taken to bringing my own CDs of "What I Like About You" to the Karaoke bars and to weddings because I need to have the right version of that song... Smiley

I'm considering inviting the band to my house to dinner... does that count?

Oh, and another one...

You know you're a fanatic, when....

13)  you are seriously thinking about hiring Rich Cole to put in your air conditioning... (gotta scrape together some cash first... LOL)

I lied.... one more:

14) You think of Coz Canler and not Bill Cosby when you hear someone mention the name "Coz"....

and it continues....

15) You went out and bought 5 copies of 61/49 when it came out... 1 for playing, 1 for your kid brother, 1 for the band to autograph and 2 just in case your other CDs end up getting scratched or otherwise destroyed by the number of times you've listened to it....

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 3:28am

You got me laughing, Iris!!  Speaking of Coz...I have a cat named Cozmo...kinda similar, although I named him after Kramer from Seinfeld. 

I think dinner with the guys at your house counts...just let me know when you do this and I'll bring the dessert!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 3:39am

How about when you have to have 61/49 not only on cd but on vinyl as well.

Or how about when you have been videotaping every known local and national TV appearance since 1980? (not to mention some local shows as well)

Or how about trying to get your hands on as many live recordings as you can (especially some from back in the day before they got signed. Could this mean an all live "Meet The Romantics Live" coming next? Hint Hint).

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 3:45am

Old Friend!!!

How about 4 copies of 61/49 on CD and 2 copies on vinyl? (in mint condition, AND autographed?! Wink  )

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 9:08pm

How about when you have to have ALL the albums on both cd and vinyl...and you have to store the vinyl in makeshift sleeves because you have the album covers framed in your rec room...

And you draw the Romantics' logo on the bass drum of your 5-year-old kid's toy drum set...

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 1:31am

with magic markers or crayons... Grin

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 11:03am

Quote:
Great thread...I think Kat and I (Pody too) can relate to more than one of those questions... Grin

Lin

Oh wait, I forgot Francine...I know she can relate to more than one of these questions...I actually learned to drive a stick shift on a last minute NJ-OH trip after having just been to 2 back to back shows (hey it was 1984)...that OH trip was pretty darn fun though, even with the rain and humidity  8)
Lin

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 7:35pm

you know you are a romantics fan when:

.......you wake up and hour and a half before you need to during the work week to check out the message board and grab a free postie Grin

........your family members (including your 80 year old mother) know the names of the girls who work for web.

........expedia, cheaptickets, southwest , northwest and spiritair are your most frequently visited websites.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 8:23pm

Quote:
with magic markers or crayons... Grin

Actually, I had pretty good success with finger paints.  The goopiness lends itself to the Romantics logo.   Tongue

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 7:14am

LOL... I'm guessing a few beers might help as well!

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 8:11pm

You know you're a Romantics fanatic when . . . you plan your vacations around where the guys are playing!

Lori

I NEED A VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 13th, 2005 at 12:17pm

Thought it might be fun to revive this thread... Smiley

You know you're a Romantics Fanatic when you go to the "Future All-Stars Baseball Game" JUST to listen to the Romantics play in 90+ degree heat.... AND... you leave before the game even starts!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2005 at 9:48pm

I'll second that one!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 3:36am

Bumping this thread to the top Smiley
We need some fun on here again! Wink

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

CyberCat
YaBB Newbies

Canada
Reply #17 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 6:36am

Oh, yeah!  Wink Especially this one:

7) You have all of their early albums on Vinyl (and are still keeping an eye out for other pressings)

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 6:45pm

16) You invite your mom and a bus load of international students to a concert just so that they can "experience" some American culture and music

17) You plan your annual trip around the fact that The Romantics are playing in Vegas...

18) You party with some of the band members until 4 a.m. Vegas Time (7 a.m. home time)

19) You almost get a black eye from a woman because you are trying to take pictures of the band.

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.