Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Alucard (Read 9796 times)
oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Alucard
Jan 21st, 2005 at 10:12pm

Since we are plugging local music, I figured that I would give my son's band a plug. Alucard just got out of the studio with songs for their next cd. They have a hall show on Friday, Feb. 11th at 15 mile and Utica roads. It is either a VFW hall or American Legion hall. You can't miss it if you go. They are greatly improved with their new lead singer. Come check them out and hear the new tunes!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Alucard
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2005 at 10:16pm

Check out     www.alucardrock.com

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2005 at 12:41am

darn it!
I'm going to be in Lansing for a photo gig that night! Sad

Keep us posted on any other shows, though!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 10:32pm

It's actually a Lions Club hall. There is a big lion out in front. The hall is on the east side of the street and it is just a little south of the big ice arena where the Motor City Mechanics play. They just played a great show at the Shelter last saturday. This will be one of the last local shows that they do for a while because they will be hitting the road soon and be gone for a couple of months. The Weakend is also on the show this friday the 11th.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2006 at 2:28am

The new album is finished. Man, this album rocks hard and heavy! Great  riffs. Catchy melodies. Smokin' guitar solos!!! The album should be out next month. The artwork is being worked on now.  And I'm not joking about these guitar solos. Eddie Van Halen and Joe Satriani would be looking over their shoulders if they heard this stuff. The band is leaving town for a few days starting May 18th when they will be playing in Marquette Michigan, followed by gigs the next three days in Houghton Michigan, one in Wisconsin, and the next day just outside of Chicago. I am leaning toward taking a ride up north to see the Marquette and Houghton shows. Anyone want to go?

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2006 at 12:06am

The band plays Thursday May 18th in Marquette Michigan at 231 House Of Muses, and Friday May 19th at The Shaft in Houghton Michigan.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2006 at 10:54pm

Alucard has a show this Friday, May 26th, at the Fraser Lions Club on Utica Road just south of 15 mile. The Weakend is also on this show, so if anyone wanted to check out either or both bands, here's a good chance.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2006 at 10:20pm

Tonight is the night if anyone can make it. Alucard and The Weakend at the Fraser Lions club, Utica Road just south of 15 mile.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2006 at 10:22pm

Tonight!

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - May 28th, 2006 at 12:12am

It rocked! It definitely rocked hard. They play the same venue next Friday the 2nd of June

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 9:05pm

This Friday the 23rd Alucard plays with the Weakend at the Lions Club on Utica Road south of 15 mile. Doors open around 6.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 12:56am

If you go to Alucard's my space site, www.myspace.com/alucardrock    you can hear a couple of songs from the new album that will be released on Oct 11th.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2006 at 5:33am by solodka »  

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:23pm

OOPS! The cd comes out on October 10th, not the 11th. Alucard will be playing this Friday the 6th at the Myspace Cafe on 13 Mile east of Hayes. The Weakend is also on the show. Listen to Doug Podell's "Motor City Riffs" show on Sunday nights from 10 PM to 11 PM to hear some of Alucard's new album.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2006 at 10:12pm

Hope that someone from the board can make it out on Tuesday evening for Alucard's cd release show. It is an early show and it is free. There is an opening act going on around 6 PM and Alucard should be on by 7 PM. The show is at Rockabilly's records on M 59 just east of Van d**e. It is on the north side of the street. This will be Alucard's last local show for a while. They head out on tour to promote the new album on Friday the 13th with a show on U of M's campus and then it will be out west as far as California and the west coast. Hope to see someone from the board on Tuesday. If anyone lives out west, you can check the band's Myspace page (www.myspace.com/alucardrock) for the cities that they will be playing on this tour.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 11:28pm

The band is in Minneapolis for the next two days, the first show being at the Toybox.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.