Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What I Like About You - Guitar Music (Read 1362 times)
pinkbubelz
Ex Member

What I Like About You - Guitar Music
Jan 5th, 2005 at 9:36am

I'm such a nut!  I found the guitar chord charts for What I Like About You... so OBVIOUSLY, it had to be added to my collection! Smiley

Next, my hubby will be teaching me how to play it....
(He plays Guitar and Bass... I, on the other hand only play Violin/Viola, Piano and the Recorder--LOL!)

The sheet music, published by Hal Leonard Corporation,  is in a book titled "The Decade Series: The 1980s" and lists the credits as:

"Words and Music by Michael Skill, Wally Palamarchuck and James Marinos"

Smiley

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: What I Like About You - Guitar Music
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2005 at 10:50am

And if you go to Sheet Music Direct.Com you can preview and print the first page of What I Like About You for guitar(or the piano version) for free, or view and print the entire thing for $3.95!

And if you want to have real fun... check out a neat little program called Power Tabs and download the What I Like About You guitar tab and it even has the harmonica and bass written out for you! Even though I play the harmonica solo on my guitar different then they have it written out, add a little overdrive during the solo and bam you can a sweet little guitar solo in the middle of the song.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2005 at 10:03pm

LOL

Andrew... sounds great.... IF you know how to play a guitar!

Me, I'm just a newbie.... Smiley

In fact, my hubby was laughing at me because I kept holding my left hand the way you would on a violin-- (not really conducive to playing the guitar!) 

The tab charts are a foreign idea to me-- I have always read music, so I guess it's the classical musician in me that wants to know what notes go where on the guitar, vs. which frets = which sounds... Smiley

I can pick out the bass line from "A night like this" and "One in a Million" -- single note melodies come relatively easy for me (I can play them by ear--but it still annoys me to not know where the notes fall on the strings...).  But when you get into the chords, I'm lost! :-D

I've also played a simple drum rhythm on a drum set-- again, just a basic "boom-cha, boom-cha", but no fills... Smiley  I'm just fooling around with the music-- it was really cool to see that there's actually published music for the Romantics! Smiley

BTW-- did you know that they've got "What I Like About You" in a variety of duets for French Horn (?!!!), Violin (!!!), Piano, etc?!  Crazy how that one song has become an entity of its own!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2005 at 11:39pm

Hey, I heard the Marquette University pep band play "What I Like About You" at a basketball game recently.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2005 at 12:00am

I play bass in a 'Classic Rock" garage band....four guys in their 40's having fun and playing an occasional party.  We play What I like, and Talking In Your Sleep.  Both fun songs that always get a great audience reaction. I even copied the intro to Talking, from the King Biscuit Show.  Too much fun!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.