Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2004 at 6:46pm

local alternative to leaving pets alone:

http://www.petritzamerica.com

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: Pet Tales (revisited)
Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 6:23pm

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

Immanuel Kant

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2004 at 3:01am

I actually sent my resume in for the assistant shelter manager position at the Detroit shelter years ago.  I never heard anything from MHS.  However, I continue to try and support them monitarily whenever I can.  I just cannot get over how horrible people treat animals.  Just watch one Detroit episode of Animal Cops and you'll see what I mean.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2004 at 10:59am

I can understand what they are saying about the feral cats-- we have a neighbor who apparently feeds some of the wild cats in our neighborhood--it's really rather bothersome-- as the cats wander around all over the neighborhood, and just keep breeding and multiplying... I've found many a wild cat under my bay window hiding in the wintertime... One even got run over near my house one summer!   I don't think that they realize what a disservice they do to the cats by letting them run around wild....

(BTW-- My hubby & I are both allergic to cats-- so, even if we wanted to, we wouldn't really be able to adopt any of these cats!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.