Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prayers needed... (Read 975 times)
pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Prayers needed...
Dec 13th, 2004 at 9:44pm

Hi All,
this has been a very sad weekend for me...

My childhood piano teacher, whom I've affectionately adopted as my "Jewish grandma"... is very ill... I called her daughter on Saturday to see if I could visit and was told that she isn't accepting any more visitors.....

She's 93 years old and just found out that she has endometrial cancer...  Up until around Thanksgiving, she's been quite active and mobile, etc.... now, she is bedridden, on oxygen and sadly, is mentally preparing herself for the inevitable....

I cried for most of the weekend-- she has been like a surrogate grandma to my siblings and me and to our family.... Although, she even said to me-- "death is also a part of our life and that we must accept it", I've been devastated that I am the only one in my family who was unable to visit her during this past month.....

So, please say a prayer that she is able to rest comfortably in whatever time remains.  I only hope that she will be okay until my sister comes home for Christmas, but at this point, I have a feeling that she will not last much longer past Hanukkah... Sad

Sorry about the long post, but I just needed to "talk" about it with some of my friends!

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Re: Prayers needed...
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2004 at 11:24pm

May she rest comfortably, Iris.  Cherish all of the memories you had with her.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2004 at 12:25am

Thanks LMK--  I know that she's lived a long, full life... I just hope that she isn't in too much pain right now...

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2004 at 10:52am

Sadly, I got word this afternoon that Mrs. Kass, my piano teacher passed away last night in her sleep.....

But I wonder if she is in heaven smiling at me, because about 30 minutes after I found out the sad news, I opened up my mailbox and got Oldfriend's CD..... Plus, tonight my hubby & I played handbells at church-- I think the music was put in my life today in celebration of her life...

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2004 at 6:06pm

iris, i sincerely believe Mrs. Kass was VERY instrumental
in your music blessings of yesterday!

did you ever read the book by mitch albom called:
the five people you meet in heaven? it is a very poignant story and i think you will like it.

i am sad for her passing but hopeful that she has moved on to a better place.  Sad

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2004 at 2:57am

Thanks bookies....
Actually, I bought 3 copies of Mitch Albom's book when I was in Lansing a few weeks ago-- he was at the Barnes & Nobles and signed them... I thought about getting it for Mrs. Kass, but felt it might be a bit "morbid"... so instead, I bought a copy for myself and my sister....and my sister-in-law.... Wink

It was in my hubby's stocking today as a stocking stuffer-- I plan to read it over the next week... Smiley

Her funeral is tomorrow.  My sister got lucky and got a flight back from Vegas and my parents are coming back from their visit to my brother in Chicago-- Unfortunately, my brother can't come  because he's on call at the hospital.... I think he's put on his "Doctor" face and is being very "medical" about it... Although, I'm sure he cried a bit when he heard the news from my parents.... (maybe not in public-- but he's known her all of his life...)

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 11:16am

my prayers are with you iris........hang in there and think great thoughts.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.