Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Suggestions for The Romantics Website (Read 2607 times)
pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Suggestions for The Romantics Website
Dec 6th, 2004 at 9:14pm

I thought this might be a great place to let Web Entertainment and the band know what we'd like to see on the website!!!

Here's my first suggestion:

How about selling some of their older records on CD?  I know that some of us would love to get our hands on CD versions of our LPs!

Smiley

--Iris

IP Logged

Web_Girl
Ex Member

Re: Suggestions for The Romantics Website
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2004 at 1:23am

Quote:
I thought this might be a great place to let Web Entertainment and the band know what we'd like to see on the website!!!

Here's my first suggestion:

How about selling some of their older records on CD?  I know that some of us would love to get our hands on CD versions of our LPs!

--Iris

This is a great thread, and we really appreciate the input from all of you, so we definately encourage your posts Grin

as for selling the "older"  releases, sine they were not put out by WEB, we cannot sell them through here.

Your best bet would be either amazon.com, if you are a member, or believe it or not, Tower.com. I have ordered some of the back catalogue through there for here, myself.  Thanks!!!!
Smiley

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2004 at 5:15am

Darn-- that stinks!!!
I found one of the CDs (Rhythm Romance) at Memories & Melodies (or is it called Melodies & Memories?) but none of the others...   will have to keep my eye out online...

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2004 at 6:49am

ebay is another great resource for the older stuff.  believe it or not, most of my romantics is on vinyl. oh yeah, made in detroit is on cassette.

another great resource is
http://www.musicstack.com/show.cgi

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2004 at 6:42pm

Regarding website, how about a compilation video of The Romantics being available?

Maybe Meet & Greet contests?

Grin

Lori

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2004 at 1:36am

How about some more concert photos? You can never have enough live shots!

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 2:54am

There were some great shots from the Rockford show this summer. I work with the photographer and he was picking out photos to post on his web page. I will let you know when they are up. I did send all of the raw images to the band management after the show. Also, I made a DVD, multi-camera shoot of the show that was given to the band. It turned out great. I told one of the members of the band and the tour manager that I would gladly convert any song into a streaming file and send it to them for use on their web page. If you made it to Rockford, you saw a great show. I have been a Romantics fan since the first LP and got to spend the day taking Wally and Mike around to the radio interviews. I told them that I had seen the Red, Pink and Black leather tours during the 80s. They are great people and I am glad that they have decided to stick with Brad Elvis. He is a prolific song writer and outstanding drummer, well he doen't stand anymore, so I will change that statement to outsitting drummer. You would know what I meant by standing if you saw The Elvis Brothers play during the 80's. Peace Love from Rockford, IL.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 6:29am

Rockford_Boy, I was at that show too!  Another person (Brew City) was at the show too.  We have some pictures posted in our Yahoo group photo album.
check them out:
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/theromanticsfans/lst?.dir=/Concert+Photos/2004+06+05&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

you have to be a yahoo member though to view them.
also check out our fan album and see if you recognize any of us from that show.
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/theromanticsfans/lst?.dir=/Romantics+Fan+Pictures&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

Welcome aboard!!

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 9:37am

I would like to see them, but I get nothing but error messages. If you were back by the sound board or around the show back stage before or after I am sure I saw people from this forum. My "former" band was the group just before the Romantics. I was the 12 string bass player jumping about the stage.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 9:20pm

RockfordBoy--I was at the show...it was a blast!  I would love to see your pictures, etc.

IP Logged

Web_Girl
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 10th, 2004 at 2:36am

Quote:
There were some great shots from the Rockford show this summer. I work with the photographer and he was picking out photos to post on his web page. I will let you know when they are up. I did send all of the raw images to the band management after the show. Also, I made a DVD, multi-camera shoot of the show that was given to the band. It turned out great. I told one of the members of the band and the tour manager that I would gladly convert any song into a streaming file and send it to them for use on their web page. If you made it to Rockford, you saw a great show. I have been a Romantics fan since the first LP and got to spend the day taking Wally and Mike around to the radio interviews. I told them that I had seen the Red, Pink and Black leather tours during the 80s. They are great people and I am glad that they have decided to stick with Brad Elvis. He is a prolific song writer and outstanding drummer, well he doen't stand anymore, so I will change that statement to outsitting drummer. You would know what I meant by standing if you saw The Elvis Brothers play during the 80's. Peace Love from Rockford, IL.

Rockford Boy

we received the DVD's and they were given to each of the band members for their personal collections

the photo disc that we got, which the shots are GREAT, by the way was in a high-res format, and too large to post on the web site. We only had a name on the disc, with no contact info. if you can get us those shots in low-res, we would LOVE to put them on the site

the shots are great, and i even have one in my office hanging up  Grin

IP Logged

Web_Girl
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 10th, 2004 at 2:37am

Quote:
How about some more concert photos? You can never have enough live shots!

We have Tucson & Virgin Islands shots on the way  Cheesy

IP Logged

Web_Girl
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 10th, 2004 at 2:38am

Quote:
Regarding website, how about a compilation video of The Romantics being available?

Maybe Meet & Greet contests?

Grin

Lori

Video Compilation is tough, due to the previous labels involved, but they have been discussing it.

and meet & greet contest is happening right now for the NYE show, check out the thread!!!

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 10th, 2004 at 3:21am

Yeah, I passed all that stuff through Brad. I do have the low res and there are some great shots of Wally, Coz and some so so's of Mike. I'm a bass player and we usually are ingnored anyways. I will send them off. Please email me the address in MI to send them to. Plus if you want a DVD I will send one or two and please pick out any or all the songs you want converted to  streaming files and I will do that. I prefer Quicktime format, but I will work with the Windows world if I must. I trust you have my email, since you are the web person. If not tell me how to send it to you in a private format. Thanks for the compliment you just made the photogrphers day. We work in a hospital basement and your comments just brightned our gloomy day. Very Cool.

IP Logged

Rockford_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 13th, 2004 at 7:57pm

A few pics are up from the Rockford show at:

http://holoubekphotography.com/

Additional photos and the DVD have been sent to Web Entertainment. Once I have been given the word on what to convert "Streaming Files" from Rockford will be on the way.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.