Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
All I Want for Christmas......... (Read 495 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

All I Want for Christmas.........
Nov 29th, 2004 at 12:37am

Now that my kids are grown, my life has really taken on a new dimension around this time of year.  I have been slowly trying to move my family away from the "traditional" self-indulgences of Christmas and focus more on what I perceive to be the true meaning-which is giving rather than receiving.

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: All I Want for Christmas.........
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 6:16am

Beautiful - I couldn't agree more!

Lori

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2004 at 10:38pm

I just found out that my childhood  piano teacher has cancer... Sad  She's 93 years old, and still as sharp as ever, so this really saddens me!

Christmas has been so commercial lately-- I noticed that they had the Christmas decorations up the day after HALLOWEEN!!!

For Christmas, I just hope to be able to spend some time with my family and friends whom I haven't seen, and also hope that others around me are blessed with good health.... I am continuing my training for the Breast Cancer walk-- found out one of my parents' friends who came to their 40th wedding anniverary party also has Breast Cancer...

So, this year, my hubby & I are probably going "low-key" for our Christmas presents-- no lavish gifts, just will enjoy quality time with the people we love... Smiley

IP Logged

littleone
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2004 at 6:14am

Seven and a half years ago I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erthymatosis (LUPUS).  I was told that I was dying.  I quit my profession which I loved very, very dearly of being a stage manager, road manager and studio producer, video director in the Latin and Jazz music industry, had an article about me and the band I was managing on Entertainment Tonight and CEO of a production company.  I had broken all barriers in a male-oriented Latin industry.  I had made something of myself.  Yet, I was not angry at my life's detour.  I know that nothing happens by coincidence.  Through the hair loss and the fluid retention and all the surgeries, I grinned and bore the pain of the chemo-therapy.  I made up my mind that I was too stubborn to give up.  There is a phrase in Spanish, "Yerba mala, nunca muere", which means "Bad weeds never die."  I chose life.  Today, I am in remission and loving life.  I have a crazy little mail-order home delivery cookie company that keeps me happy.  I have a loving family.  All I want for Christmas is for positive things for everyone, and of course, to find Wally Palmar under my tree, or in my stocking..or just wearing my stocking..or just wearing a bow..heeheehee  Kiss  Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Prosperous "Romantic" New Year for all, from littleone!      

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2004 at 11:17pm

little one...
I am glad to hear that you "beat" the disease through your own strong will and optimistic attitude... May you make many thousands of cookies! Smiley

Wally wearing your stockings?  Hm... sounds a little kinky to me!   Shocked

IP Logged

littleone
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 12:08am

Wally Palmar..if you read this note..Yes, wearing my stocking is a little kinky..but I would LOVE to find you under my tree.  I am petite enough that I will meet you under my tree..heeheehee..You are never too old to believe in Santa.. Wink..let's see if I get my special wish on my list..I have been very good..I am always good.. littleone Roll Eyes

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 12:58am

I'd love to have Wally, Coz, Mike & Brad (Rich, too!)... and all my friends from the Board... & Holly & Scott from Web.... over for dinner sometime over the holidays... Smiley

I love to cook and I think it would be a blast! Smiley

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2004 at 12:05pm

gosh there are no female members in the band so i will wish for a new job for christmas......not taking a big liking to the one i just got.......but out side of that my kids are still young so i also want to give them one of the best they have ever had.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2004 at 9:09pm

awww pirate.........i am sorry to hear that you do not like your job  Sad
maybe it will get better though.  mine did.  at first i hated it but little by little things improved. 
sometimes as adults and parents, we gotta do what we gotta do!
hang in there!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2004 at 12:38am

i know what you mean bookies....as soon as it seems it will get better it folds........im hangin in there......they hired me to help fix quality problems and straighten out employee flaws but operations (but the big cheese hides).......i gotta have the boss on the same page......but anyways i hope to find a job that can really use me and are more sound.......im glad your job has ironed out.......you gotta ave the money so you can tour  Cheesy

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2004 at 9:35pm

....are...  11 more fans to sign up on the message board so that we can "break 200"!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.