Other artists, on other stages, TBD
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2004 at 6:30pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: **just added**    10/30/04 Tucson, AZ    
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 2:36am

gosh arizona is not that far from colorado....i wonder if they will ever get to colorado......colorado needs some great romantics rockin!!!

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 10:54pm

Is anyone going to this one?! Smiley

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 11:19pm

Iris, I'm headed to Phoenix later in November, so I can't make two trips out there this fall!  Wish the guys would hit Phoenix in November...might help me plan my trip better.   Wink

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 6:19am

I was trying to get to this one since it is on a Saturday but as of now, I cannot find any decent airfare.  I haven't completely given up hope though. Grin

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 11:48am

bookie.....just fuel up the car.....a package of cookies and head to tucson.....no air fare needed

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 6:19pm

nah, too far for a weekend road trip.  working has sure put a damper on my romantics road trips. Angry

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 3:09pm

Hmmm...decisions, decisions, LA ~ Tucson ... or LA ~ Puerto Rico...  The only time I went to Tucson I think was June 1997 and saw the guys play; it was 112 degress and my luggage got lost...I had great chile colorado and the Ringling Bros Circus people were staying at our hotel but...my hope is that PR could top that... Roll Eyes

Lin

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 3:36am

Sadly, I can't make it out there either... funds are running low this time of year!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 12:08pm

bookies...i heard airfares were suppose to drop.....was that false info?........sure wish they would drop by the ole pirate here in coloradie........motley crue played at the world arena...then bush was there about 10 days ago.......thats about 15 mins away from me...i figured it would be great for the romantics to stop by also and close the year out.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2004 at 6:38am

i havent found one yet for much under $400 round trip.  that  is way too much to spend for an overnight road trip.  maybe the prices will drop between now and then.  i will keep my eye on it!

pirate, i wish you were still in whittier.  i have a feeling another california road trip might be in the works for me in the not too distant future to visit my daughter.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re:  Tucson, AZ  10/30/04
Reply #11 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 12:26am

yes keep an eye on the prices...i keep reading about fares droping......yes it was sudden that i packed up and left whittier....i will miss all the things to do in los angeles...friends and family but the money end of it saved me.....i remember when the romantics had the open chat that night wally responded about a possible return to los angeles soon also.....when are u expecting your road trip?
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2004 at 10:31am by PIRATE »  

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 7:03am

Bookies, my flight to Phoenix in November via Southwest was under $300 round trip.  Check out their website for deals if it's not too late!

IP Logged

Francine
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 1:13am

Hold on for the s--t to hit..................................... Lips Sealed

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 6:57pm

Saturday: Plentiful sunshine. High 73F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Scattered thunderstorms this morning with a few showers possible during the afternoon. High around 70F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

one forecast tucson...the other where i am.  i knew i should have gone to tucson.

hope its a great show guys!!  we are all with you in spirit!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 31st, 2004 at 9:18pm

hope we can get an update from wally on how the show went.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2004 at 5:53pm

i got a call from tizlin last night with a report on the tucson show!  hey brew, were you there?  some guy wanted to hear stone pony.    Grin

i will let tizlin share with you all how the show went.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 1st, 2004 at 11:10pm

Unfortunately, no.  But I'm happy that I'm not the only "Stone Pony" lover out there!

Tizlin, share the details!

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 5:02pm

I'll be happy to share. I got home midafternon and must catch up on work stuff first but I'll post soon.
BTW, Chloe (Brad's FAB wife) took photos so check both sites (Romantics and Handcuffs) for updates.

Linda

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 5:21pm

Quote:
Saturday: Plentiful sunshine. High 73F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Scattered thunderstorms this morning with a few showers possible during the afternoon. High around 70F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

one forecast tucson...the other where i am.  i knew i should have gone to tucson.

hope its a great show guys!!  we are all with you in spirit!

I must comment on the weather forecast...when I landed at the airport on Saturday at 12 noon it was 50 degrees. At 4pm it was 55. Anyone want to guess what the temp was when the band took the stage (which was outside!!) at midnight?! By the numb/tingling feeling I had 1/2 into the set I'd have guessed 35 (hey I was freezing)...However, the morning (7am) news gave the overnight temp at 39...35/39 (?!) what's the difference to a CA girl?! Thank goodness for a kind 'girl' lending me her gloves!!!!  Wink

Lin

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 7:50pm

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Lori

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 2:48am

well if the band doesnt mind playin here in the evening with the lows of 20s and 30s i will buy them all a set of gloves.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 3:55pm

I swear I will post details; I have finally thawed from the high desert night cold...however, keep in mind I'm also focusing on the upcoming sunny sands and tan (boys) of San Juan...I must find a new bathing suit before my trip and remember to pack the sunscreen  Cheesy

Lin

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 8:38pm

lucky girl!!! i cant even think about going since the person who was supposed to be cross training for my position never even showed up!
tizlin, i hope you are planning new years eve in detroit!!
this is going to be such a blast!
pleeeezzzz take pictures in san juan.  Sad

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 8:15pm

Tizlin, we're still waitin' for the Tucson review....we need stories!  Please post before they blur into the San Juan stories.... Undecided

IP Logged

Web_Girl
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Nov 12th, 2004 at 3:50am

Quote:
Tizlin, we're still waitin' for the Tucson review....we need stories!  Please post before they blur into the San Juan stories.... Undecided

Sorry about that one everybody...Web Girls are a little bogged down over here, but never fear...
We have some lovely shots that Chloe sent to us that we will try to get up over the weekend Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.